• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[DISCUSSION] My hopes for Kingdom Hearts Missing Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
I hope the story of Missing Link will be done before they release Kingdom Hearts 4. I'm kinda dissapointed that the story of KHUX was done after the release of Kingdom Hearts 3. Making the story even more convoluted just because the mobile game is now going to be relevant to the plot of the series.

I also hope that we will not wait for 5 years for the game to be finished similar to KHUX. I just hope the story of this game will be split into different chapters through episodes. For example, KHDR has 7+1 Finale episodes but each of these episodes contain different chapters.

Episode 1- Unexpected Departure

-Chapter 1-20

Episode 2- The Presence of the Darkness

-Chapter 21-40

Episode 3- The Purpose of the Journey

-Chapter 41-70

Episode 4- Cruel Clues

-Chapter 71-75

Episode 5- The Key to Each World's Order

-Chapter 76-80

Episode 6- Uncertain Order

-Chapter 81-87

Episode 7- Reason for Dissapearance

-Chapter 88-100

Last Episode- The 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses

- Chapter 101-105

Now if KHDR has 7 episodes and 105 chapters in total. Imagine if Missing Link will have 13+1 Finale episodes of each chapter or quests.

Episode 1

- Chapter 1-100

Episode 2

- Chapter 101- 200

• Episode 3

- Chapter 201-300

• Episode 4

- Chapter 301-400

• Episode 5

- Chapter 401-500

• Episode 6

- Chapter 501-600

• Episode 7

- Chapter 601-700

• Episode 8

- Chapter 701-800

• Episode 9

- Chapter 801-900

• Episode 10

- Chapter 901-1000

• Episode 11

- Chapter 1001-1100

• Episode 12

- Chapter 1101-1200

• Episode 13

- Chapter 1201-1300

• Last Episode

- Chapter 1301-1305

Imagine if Missing Link will have 1305 chapters in total. I know it's too many, but try telling that with UX that has 979 chapters of each gameplay and story. What's even more frustrating is thay we will have to wait for 2 or 3 months in order for this episodes to be released.

If Missing Link finally releases this year along with the trailer and release date. I just hope this game will not last longer for 5 years. I actually don't mind if the game lasts only a year. And then after that, KH4 will be releasing another trailer with a possible release date.

So what are your thoughts of Missing Link's duration of chapter and episode lists for the story and gameplay?

Chie

Awards
It is a gacha game, basically.

Sonofjafar

Awards
given that Union X’s player character raised Xehanort, I’m going to go all in on the crazy and say that Missing Link’s player will be related to Sora. Probably not straight up father but maybe a grandparent or something

EighteenEighty

Awards
given that Union X’s player character raised Xehanort, I’m going to go all in on the crazy and say that Missing Link’s player will be related to Sora. Probably not straight up father but maybe a grandparent or something
I hope not. I just want the player to be its own character without having a connection to Sora.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Everything in the story suggests that UX's Player is ML's Player.

Mobile games are usually designed to go on for years and years. It's unlikely they'll end it when kh4 comes out and more likely that the mobile games will continue being their own saga, of sorts

Sonofjafar

Awards
can we at least get some Yen Sid lore. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you don’t make Yen Sid companions with Erauqs and Master Xehanort and then retcon it one game later.

Willow A113

Awards
can we at least get some Yen Sid lore. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you don’t make Yen Sid companions with Erauqs and Master Xehanort and then retcon it one game later.
I'd want some Yen Sid, but given that ML takes place decades before DR, it's not the best place to show him unless there's a flash forward to the DR time period or something.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Mobile games are usually designed to go on for years and years. It's unlikely they'll end it when kh4 comes out and more likely that the mobile games will continue being their own saga, of sorts
I understand what you mean. I don't mind if the game lasts for 5 years but I'm talking about the duration of the story mode of Missing Link.

I hope the storyline of this game will only end in a year or maybe 2 years depends on each chapter or quests you participate.

While the game in terms of gacha events like farming for figurines, EXP or upgrades are still ongoing for many years.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I understand what you mean. I don't mind if the game lasts for 5 years but I'm talking about the duration of the story mode of Missing Link.

I hope the storyline of this game will only end in a year or maybe 2 years depends on each chapter or quests you participate.

While the game in terms of gacha events like farming for figurines, EXP or upgrades are still ongoing for many years.
It's pretty unlikely they'll keep a live service game online without giving story updates.

Back