• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion: The wasted potential of Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Can't we all just get along and do our favorite pastime which is mocking the writing in KH2?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Place the Device, Mission 90. At the end of the mission, one of the most powerful scenes in KH.
I remember it now, mostly. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't make it into the Days section of 1.5. Heck, I think it even managed to move my brother to near-tears back in the day...

Awards
Place the Device, Mission 90. At the end of the mission, one of the most powerful scenes in KH.
For reference, here's the dialougue:

(Heartless appear)

Roxas: Heartless! They must be after the device.

(He takes care of them quickly, though he is out of breath)

Roxas: What am I doing? Getting worked up over some device. Like I've got any clue what the Organization even uses it for... Everything's a mystery. They didn't even tell me about Xion. Hmph, the biggest mystery is me--the idiot who keeps doing everything he's told.

(He leaves the Cave and returns to the corridor entrance)

Roxas: Why am I doing this? Why am I going back to the castle? There's nothing there for me. How can I keep working for them if they're gonna leave me in the dark? What am I saying... This isn't about them, or Xion. It's about me. Whatever "me" is.

(He looks up at the stars in the night sky)

Roxas: I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't know. Have I got anything left? Any place I really belong? Any friends...I still belong with?

(His eyes water and he wipes his tears, puts his hood on, and leaves Agrabah.)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah. I don't feel that at all. I wish I did, but I don't feel like the preceding narrative built up to that moment properly at all. Roxas claims none of this is about Xion (and he has to, otherwise the fact that Xion is erased means it makes no sense for him to have left) but the narrative leading up to that point doesn't actually earn that moment from Roxas because the game has been all about Xion. It falls flat for me.

Honestly, I wish I liked Days. I truly do. It is a far worse feeling hating everything about it because it actually makes me like the series less, it makes me less excited for what is to come, it makes me look back on things i liked about the series and being disappointed because Days changes them, or contradicts them, or ruins a character's arc or significance. Yeah. I wish I could be moved and impressed by Days and happy with its inclusion, but it will never be more than what it is for me -- a shallow, manipulative, shoddy product that has so little care in it and such little respect for the players and the series that its entire development was basically one long shrug.

And I think I'm done talking about it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
For reference, here's the dialougue:

(Heartless appear)

Roxas: Heartless! They must be after the device.

(He takes care of them quickly, though he is out of breath)

Roxas: What am I doing? Getting worked up over some device. Like I've got any clue what the Organization even uses it for... Everything's a mystery. They didn't even tell me about Xion. Hmph, the biggest mystery is me--the idiot who keeps doing everything he's told.

(He leaves the Cave and returns to the corridor entrance)

Roxas: Why am I doing this? Why am I going back to the castle? There's nothing there for me. How can I keep working for them if they're gonna leave me in the dark? What am I saying... This isn't about them, or Xion. It's about me. Whatever "me" is.

(He looks up at the stars in the night sky)

Roxas: I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't know. Have I got anything left? Any place I really belong? Any friends...I still belong with?

(His eyes water and he wipes his tears, puts his hood on, and leaves Agrabah.)

That's when I lost it. It was all downhill from there. Cue Sanctuary playing over muffled crying.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Can't we all just get along and do our favorite pastime which is mocking the writing in KH2?
no. it's not relevant anymore. we, as a fanbase, need to declare another idol false. by III's release there will be no more treasured KH games. we're coming for you, KH1.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
no. it's not relevant anymore. we, as a fanbase, need to declare another idol false. by III's release there will be no more treasured KH games. we're coming for you, KH1.
Huh... how do you plan to do that without getting burned alive as a heretic and blasphemer? :p
(We also need to mock all of CoM while we're at it)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
tumblr_mqkuavW3R31s9glpyo1_500.gif

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
You know what guys/gals, I think the KH series needs to be even more Sora focused. Every plot point must involve Sora and when he isn't on screen, the other characters will have to talk about him anyways.

I think this series doesn't make Sora important enough.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
You know what guys/gals, I think the KH series needs to be even more Sora focused. Every plot point must involve Sora and when he isn't on screen, the other characters will have to talk about him anyways.

Yeah, and they make him the main protagonist.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Wait, don't they do this already?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Uhm there is a clear lack of Sora in Days/BBS.

In reality there seems to be a strong correlation between good writing and the number of lines Sora gets. And math doesn't lie
Er, is the slope of this function positive or negative? The kid got a lot of lines in II and DDD, but you know how a lot of people think about their writing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Uhm there is a clear lack of Sora in Days/BBS.

In reality there seems to be a strong correlation between good writing and the number of lines Sora gets. And math doesn't lie
do you mean the writing is better or worse with more sora lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back