• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney characters you felt that Sora had the best chemistry/connection with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The top two Disney (and Pixar) characters Sora needs to meet up with again in the future

• Aladdin

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Rapunzel

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Ariel

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Simba

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Mulan

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Beast

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Jack Sparrow

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Marshmallow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiro

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Woody

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
This topic popped in my head because the more I think about returning worlds, the more I thought which ones really NEED to come back? I feel one of the most important factors is did Sora truly connect with a certain character from that world in any way at all? Both Donald and Goofy are exempt from this list for an obvious reason, being the two main companions of Sora throughout the games so naturally they would get top spot. This is more about the characters Sora has met in the many different Disney worlds he has traversed throughout the series up till this point in time. A few he has met on more than one occasion. Hercules is not included on the list because he too would be the next obvious one after Donald & Goofy, since he appeared in majority of the games and already has the clear as day bromance with the SDG trio. Hercules had the most time to shine so to be fair I left him off the list. Why Elsa is not on this list? Anyone who has played Arendelle would know why. Though there are some tough competitors, in my opinion I am going with both Aladdin and Rapunzel as my top two as far as being close to Sora, and wanting him to interact with those two again in the future. I will give my reasons soon.

Please state your reasons as to why you picked the two specific characters on the list.

Last edited:

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
Only reason I voted for Ariel is because I DEMAND MOAR STUPID SUPER SEXY MERMAN SORA!!!!! As for Aladdin, he and the entirety of Agrabah SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN KH3!!! Still partially ticked off that Nomura didn't bring it back and had the plot follow the events of the third movie because I was one of the people REALLY looking forward to teaming up with Al and his dad in that giant turtle island :D

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Like Zettaflare I would have picked Jack Sparrow or Rapunzel on the list. Also Aladdin too, I think he has good chemistry with Sora. All three are worthy of a vote, but for this I'm voting for Beast. Beast helped Sora out during one of the boy's lowest moments in KH1 and in KH2 Sora returns the favor when the whole Xaldin thing erupts at his castle. I really hope Beast becomes a link summon for future KH games. I really like the Twin Howl reaction command when teaming with Beast in KH2, and he's a great party member in Hollow Bastion in KH1.

Honorable mention goes to Woody. He had a good dynamic with Sora also.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
6da.gif

The real OTP of the franchise.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I will start with Aladdin. As far back as KH1, Aladdin always came off as this brother-esque figure to Sora. Unlike Hercules and Jack Sparrow who works both as a good friend and a good mentor to Sora, Aladdin always felt more like an equal to him. From their very first interaction together you can tell these two had a bit in common and instantly got along with one another. Aladdin also feels like one of the very few Disney characters that actually cares about what is happening in Sora's life instead of it always being about "Oh what problem to resolve in the world this time." type of thing. Aladdin was even willing to leave Agrabah to go with SDG in KH1, but you know the meddling and "world order" thing got in the way. In KH2, near the end of the second visit of Agrabah, Aladdin tries to give hope to Sora about finding Riku and even embraces him to comfort him. How many Disney characters that Sora has helped throughout the series has done that? Besides all of that, they fought many dangers together and also joked together like how real friends would. It still disappoints me that Aladdin and the crew never returned for KH3, but there is always KH4 to make up for that I hope. SDG attending Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding as well as teaming up with Aladdin and Cassim to battle Sal'uk, Cobra Jafar, and possessed Vanishing Isle (the Turtle Island) are dreams I don't intend on letting go of.

Now for Rapunzel. She is the only other Disney character besides Aladdin I wish for SDG to meet with once again for future adventures. As far as personality, chemistry, etc. she outdoes every princess that Sora has met by far. Every time I play through Corona I keep thinking to myself why does Sora/Kairi have to be this forced canon thing we all have to accept. Same applies to Rapunzel/Flynn. This is a rare case for me as I do not ship characters in fiction much at all. The last time I did was many years ago with Batman/Wonder Woman in Justice League Unlimited. After seeing how great Sora and Rapunzel were together I made an exception. All the cute, subtle moments with the flowers, the birds, and splashing each other in the pond. You would think Nomura was teasing with the idea of Sora linking up with another POH, but then of course he would incur the wrath of the Disney executives enraged over him for messing with established canon Disney relationships. "Oh how dare he! Rapunzel is suppose to be with Flynn, not Sora!" -_-

Rapunzel & Sora also have a bit in common including the curiosity of exploring the outside world which Sora himself mentioned in KHIII. After replaying Corona a few times lately I noticed Rapunzel in one particular scene right before SDG battles the nobodies Marlixua sent, she both flirted with Sora and showed a deal of concern for his safety. First the flirtation, "Don't worry. I know to be careful around flowers now." then winks at him with Sora smiling back. Afterwards the nobodies attack. Though Rapunzel wants to stay to help SDG unlike cowardly Flynn, Sora insists on her going somewhere safer. Right before she leaves, she says "All right. Please be careful Sora." with the outmost sincerity. Notice she only directs it to Sora while Donald and Goofy are not even mentioned. Finally after catching up with them, Rapunzel is relieved that Sora is ok. There was certainly SOMETHING going on between those two before we were forced into following the Tangled plot in the second half of the visit. Inconclusion it would be nice to see Rapunzel again in the future including perhaps a return in KHIV, we will see. By the way, all of these pictures speak for themselves too. :)

ku2wl7j86he21.jpg 1ae76vb5kcc41.jpg

96e78c652b86a74eda120cf42070acad.jpg jxz3wsgtasu41.png
sora_and_rapunzel__kingdom_dance_by_dagga19_d96kvsx-fullview.jpgtumblr_pohgn4wWu91wx0687_540.jpg
821085_nairdags_sora-and-rapunzel.pngtsaz63xmckf21.jpg

..damn..lol. I am all for them too, but I didn't think it would be this huge. I suppose I am not the only one who saw the connection there. lol

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
6da.gif

I thought the OTP was Cinderella/Terra ;)
With Rapunzel/Sora being right behind them of course.
1a744fc3dd6f112eaa93519a56aeea9873373089r1-500-281_hq.gif

I'm voting for Beast. Beast helped Sora out during one of the boy's lowest moments in KH1 and in KH2 Sora returns the favor when the whole Xaldin thing erupts at his castle. I really hope Beast becomes a link summon for future KH games. I really like the Twin Howl reaction command when teaming with Beast in KH2, and he's a great party member in Hollow Bastion in KH1.

Was wondering when somebody would reference this. Yeah Beast was that one guy that stuck by Sora when even Donald and Goofy did not. I agree on all points. Beast did have an important part to play , and he helped Sora get back on his feet when he need it the most. The minor problem I have is that they didn't have enough scenes with Sora and Beast just talking to each other. They teamed up because there was literally no one else around, and they had a common goal of saving a loved one. As far as them being buddies like how Sora is with Hercules, Aladdin, and Jack Sparrow, Beast felt more like an old comrade that Sora helped fight a war with type of deal rather than a guy he can talk to about anything and hang out like they are brothers or something. Still, Beast does deserve an honorable mention for all his contributions. He easily makes top 5 for me when it comes to Disney characters that Sora teamed with. He would be more around 3 or 4 for me instead of the top 2.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
View attachment 12647
View attachment 12648View attachment 12649
I thought the OTP was Cinderella/Terra ;)
With Rapunzel/Sora being right behind them of course.

Was wondering when somebody would reference this. Yeah Beast was that one guy that stuck by Sora when even Donald and Goofy did not. I agree on all points. Beast did have an important part to play , and he helped Sora get back on his feet when he need it the most. The minor problem I have is that they didn't have enough scenes with Sora and Beast just talking to each other. They teamed up because there was literally no one else around, and they had a common goal of saving a loved one. As far as them being buddies like how Sora is with Hercules, Aladdin, and Jack Sparrow, Beast felt more like an old comrade that Sora helped fight a war with type of deal rather than a guy he can talk to about anything and hang out like they are brothers or something. Still, Beast does deserve an honorable mention for all his contributions. He easily makes top 5 for me when it comes to Disney characters that Sora teamed with. He would be more around 3 or 4 for me instead of the top 2.
I see your point of view on Sora/Beast, but I don't think it makes it weaker then the others. Yes, Beast is different then Hercules/Aladdin but that's what makes it stand out. A lot of characters teamed up with Sora only because they had no choice at first. Between their interactions in KH1 and KH2 Sora and Beast have good enough chemistry for me. Beast was one of the people Sora asked about Riku and Mickey. He didn't even ask Hercules if I recall. Sora was defeated in Hollow Bastion after Riku took the Keyblade and Donald and Goofy left. It was Beast words of him fighting for someone he cared about that inspired Sora to take his wooden sword and continue his fight for Kairi. To me this is just as important then paling around with your friends. Don't get me wrong, I love Sora's interactions with Aladdin, Hercules, Sparrow, and others I was just making a case for why I voted for Beast. Any of them are a good vote. Minus the Frozen cast bar Marshmellow :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I voted Aladdin and Ariel, but I also think Rapunzel, Beast, and Jack Sparrow have great chemistry with Sora as well. Jack Skellington too. And Woody.

Marshmallow forever tho.

And can we talk about Simba?

Okay they all are...Except the Frozen cast. Sora might as well have never interacted with any of them besides Marshmallow lol

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
To me, pretty much everyone not from the Frozen cast that isn't Marshmallow.

Any of them are a good vote. Minus the Frozen cast bar Marshmellow :)

.Except the Frozen cast. Sora might as well have never interacted with any of them besides Marshmallow lol

All of this further illustrates as to why I couldn't care less about Frozen returning. Rather visit Pooh for the fourth unforgiving time than having to pay Arendelle a second visit just to see SDG in the background of an abridged Frozen 2. Of course to appeal to the massive amount of younger fans and people that just adore Elsa for some reason, it is an inevitable it will return so I know I am going to have to suck it up regardless.

Also seeing all these responses makes me regret the fact I placed Anna on the list instead of Marshmallow, and I can't even edit the damn poll now.

2.gif

I guess I wanted to give at least one of the Frozen girls a chance, but I was just fooling myself. It's a known fact, Sora had more chemistry with a giant snow monster than two girls from Arendelle. One of the many reasons why Rapunzel looks a ton more attractive by comparison and would rather SDG visit her again instead.

Last edited:

Hedginka

Awards
I'm always extremely torn between whether I ship Sora with Ariel or Rapunzel more. His chemistry with both is on another level, but in the end, I think his strongest, most romantic connection was with Rapunzel. Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is when Sora's wading through the foggy segment of the forest, he'll eventually say, "Rapunzel, please be all right." Not Rapunzel & Flynn. He specifically cited Rapunzel and hoped for her to be okay. How did they not kiss?

6da.gif

Uhhhhh, have you taken a look at your own profile picture lately?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I know Rapunzel and Eugene are already a couple but I can already tell if Sora ever goes back to Corona his and Rapunzel's interactions will be filled with plenty of shippy moments

D

Deleted member 252753

I voted for Rapunzel and Woody. Rapunzel is far-and-away my favourite as she has a lot of personality, gels well with SDG, and is just fun to watch. I am less set on Woody but I really enjoyed Toy Box and liked the 'hearts-from-bonds' concept so wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I know Rapunzel and Eugene are already a couple but I can already tell if Sora ever goes back to Corona his and Rapunzel's interactions will be filled with plenty of shippy moments
There is a reason Sora hesitated when Kairi wanted to share a paopu fruit with him in KH3.

SuperNova

Awards
Personally I feel Sora had really close bonds with Aladdin and Ariel in KH1/KH2 and had a really good connection to Rapunzel and Hiro in KH3. Not many people like the San Franksokyo world, but I really enjoyed how Sora took on a sort of big brother role for Hiro by giving him confidence and helping him teach his team how to fight better.

Another character people are sleeping on is my man Tron. He and Sora had a really cute friendship in KH2 and I loved how over the course of the world Tron gained real emotions and a real heart by the end of it just by bonding with Sora and helping him uncover the truth of Radiant Garden. Their hug at the end of the world was really touching and I cried when Sora was calling for him in DDD. (One of the only good moments in DDD tbh.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally I feel Sora had really close bonds with Aladdin and Ariel in KH1/KH2 and had a really good connection to Rapunzel and Hiro in KH3. Not many people like the San Franksokyo world, but I really enjoyed how Sora took on a sort of big brother role for Hiro by giving him confidence and helping him teach his team how to fight better.

Another character people are sleeping on is my man Tron. He and Sora had a really cute friendship in KH2 and I loved how over the course of the world Tron gained real emotions and a real heart by the end of it just by bonding with Sora and helping him uncover the truth of Radiant Garden. Their hug at the end of the world was really touching and I cried when Sora was calling for him in DDD. (One of the only good moments in DDD tbh.)

TRON ;A; how could any of us forget him ;A;

Also yeah, Sora and Hiro were great. Just sucks that the world was the shortest visit next to Pooh’s world. It would have been great to see them interact more.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh how could we forget Tron? And by extent Rinzler as well. It sucks that Sora never got to free him from CLU( I know it's technically a different version of him but still)

Back