• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney College Program

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but ehhh here goes anyway...

I have been doing a lot of research online about this Disney College Program which is basically an internship at Disney World Resort where you learn about the company and work in the resort. This is absolutely my dream job. My ideal situation is to have a career with Disney either as a manager of a hotel or some big-wig business guy. I feel like this internship would really help me achieve that goal.

Now I have a couple of questions about this:
1) How selective is it?
2) Do you have to be going to college in/around Orlando?
3) Has anyone here been through this program/applied for this program?
4) Can you apply multiple times? Say you get rejected for the fall program, can you still reapply for the spring?
5) What other information should I know about the program, now that I am going into my senior year of high school?

Thanks in advance for your help. If I think of extra questions, I'll edit this first post. I would really appreciate any feedback because this is extra important to me. Thanks!

Gatorade

Hm I just read on another forum that about 2,000 out of the 250,000 applicants get accepted. Can anyone confirm this? That gives a .8% chance of being accepted, I think.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No you don't have to live in Orlando. Disney College comes to Houston twice every semester to try and recruit us in Houston.

They usually ask you to go to one of their seminars, where you get a whole bunch of information.

Gatorade

You'd best find out what kind of qualifications can give you the edge (business experience, business education, Disney "magic", etc.)
Well I mean, I currently work in a restaurant now so I guess that will give me an extra qualification? What other specific things do you think I could do now? I know you said business experience but what can I do as a (current) Junior in high school?
No you don't have to live in Orlando. Disney College comes to Houston twice every semester to try and recruit us in Houston.

They usually ask you to go to one of their seminars, where you get a whole bunch of information.
I just found out about those seminars, too bad they all already happened. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until next spring for a seminar but that's okay because I believe that you can't apply until your 2nd semester of college, correct?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty sure you can apply any time during your college career. It's not really a replacement college, but a replacement semester during college.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Dude, thats weird; you have to graduate college to be enrolled. I guess that shit really does take rocket science knowledge to understand...

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Dude, thats weird; you have to graduate college to be enrolled. I guess that shit really does take rocket science knowledge to understand...

No, you need to have graduated high school and have at least one semester of college.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The requirements given here kind of confuse me. https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...y/app_req.html

What confuses you?

All it says is that you have to have graduated high school, and must currently have at least 1 semester of accredited college/university hours done. You can't be "taking time off school", and you can't be a dual-credit high school student.

Gatorade

KHI Member Phoenix got the internship this past year from Feb-May.
Really? Well I need to talk to Phoenix lol. Is he/she still active?
What confuses you?

All it says is that you have to have graduated high school, and must currently have at least 1 semester of accredited college/university hours done. You can't be "taking time off school", and you can't be a dual-credit high school student.
The part that confuses me is that can you be currently in the first semester of college and apply for the summer of that year? Because most likely I'd want to work there in the summer but maybe I could take a semester off of college for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back