• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney Games JP to host KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Special Talk #1 on August 31st

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find it super interesting that we are getting so much KH stuff in such a short period of time. Between this, DR…I feel like D23 is looking more possible

NoWay

Awards
Still hoping for the KH3 PS5 remaster and the UX Remake for early next year

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We don't need a PS5 remaster and a UX remake ain't happening.
Yes we do, particularly to port over all of the additions made to the PC version. But it should also be a complete collection.

UX was one of the games listed in the Nvidia leak. Every game in that leak thus far has been real.

SuperNova

Awards
It's really strange that after 20 years Disney is finally talking about KH in greater capacity now. Guess D23 really isn't gonna be a fluke after all.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
We don't need a PS5 remaster and a UX remake ain't happening.
If they do a Union Cross remake, they'd have tons of models of new heartless that can be reused for future titles.

Heck, they could even do a Dark Road remake in the same game too as lots of the assets are from Union Cross.

LucemFerto

Awards
Regardless of whether or not it's likely to happen, I really, really want a remake of Union χ and Dark Road. Dark Road in particular, with it's honestly great Disney inclusion, would benefit so tremendously from a console experience.

the red monster

Awards
Union X needs a remake or at least some kind of port. story is way too important to stay on mobile.
my guess for KH3.5 ( KH3+ReMind+MoM) "remaster" around year/couple of months before KH4 so players can catch up.

SuperNova

Awards
UX needs something more than a defunct mobile game. Since the new saga is focusing on MoM and Foretellers, the average player isn't going to know what's going on unless they release a console remake.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
UX needs something more than a defunct mobile game. Since the new saga is focusing on MoM and Foretellers, the average player isn't going to know what's going on unless they release a console remake.
Yep. And why not at this point? And they can take inspiration from its mobile roots and from MMOs at the company and just make it an MMO lite. We need a definitive version of UX. No nonsense filler going to Agrabah for all of eternity looking for Abu. Tighten it up, utilize what already exists from the older games for asset reuse, and people will absolutely flock to it during the wait for KH4.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Every port* (PS4 > Xbox > PC) of the games, the team made improvements but never implemented them backwards. It would be nice for a PS5 / XboxSX version of the game to match the parity of PC, with increased draw distance, AF, improved ally animations etc. I don't know if they'd put unlocked frame rate on the game but a solid 60fps and actually hitting 4K would be nice.

I think they even improved 0.2 when it was ported as well. I especially wish THAT had its changes patched in!

The thing that would suck would be not having mods. The mods people have made for KH3 have been an absolute joy and not being able to put them into the game on consoles sucks. I really enjoyed the mod that gave you complete control over Riku for the entire game, including overhauled gameplay for him, as well as the Coliseum mod. Plus the pride flag over the PotC Keyblade was lovely. And who could forget Among Us Donald.

I'd love an offline UX / DR game (A Reverse / Rebirth scenario, if you will), and I've spoken about how nice it would be for the D23 show (may it rest in peace, if it ever lived at all???) to be used to also bank assets for older worlds. Same would happen with this but I'd want Unreal Engine for it. Unfortunately I just don't know who'd be left to tackle it since SE doesn't have the resources to make Verum Rex at the same time as KH4. And I'm not sure if they'd want to outsource development entirely.

*Before I get quoted on this with "well actually not every port," I deliberately left Switch out since it isn't a proper port, just running the game off a PC server in some remote facility.

ANYWAYS

Disney having a special talk is nice. I don't expect anything to really come from this, other than some lovely stories shared by whoever the guests are. I do hope celebrations ramp up for the NA 20th Anniversary. An introspective from the cast would be nice, I don't think they've done any videos for KH since the infamous KH2 videos. I need a David Gallagher sequel, stat.

2 quid is good

Awards
How much content would a ux Remake even have? Once you cut out the horrendous filler. Or will they completely revamp the story and make it a more streamlined retelling? Cos surely its obvious to everyone that saga shifted seriously in direction at a certain point, if they can at least make it consistent that would be nice

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Besides the accuracy of the Nvidia leak so far, removing the gameplay from UX might give some credence to the remake/remaster being real. They may not have seen it as worth the time to make the necessary changes to make it playable offline if a more definitive version is on the way.

Here’s the link to the talk.

Chie

Awards
How much content would a ux Remake even have? Once you cut out the horrendous filler.
I always figured it would play a lot like Days. In Days you go to Disney worlds, but mostly just to kill Heartless cause it's your day job, and then after a handful of those missions something interesting or mysterious happens in your life. You can't just port that into UX of course but I figure it would be something like that. Maybe could have a handful of small Disney stories happening incidentally during these missions just for the new stuff like Gaston, but I would hope they emphasize "these worlds are projections of the future" more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Besides the accuracy of the Nvidia leak so far, removing the gameplay from UX might give some credence to the remake/remaster being real. They may not have seen it as worth the time to make the necessary changes to make it playable offline if a more definitive version is on the way.

Here’s the link to the talk.

Roxas Bench

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wonder if the other streams they're planning will actually touch upon the KH series rather than promote Disney collabs and merch.
How much content would a ux Remake even have? Once you cut out the horrendous filler. Or will they completely revamp the story and make it a more streamlined retelling? Cos surely its obvious to everyone that saga shifted seriously in direction at a certain point, if they can at least make it consistent that would be nice
Could make it more like KHX, which was more comparable to an open world game. You basically had free run of the worlds, with new side and main quests popping up as you progressed. There was more variety and interaction with characters as well, which can easily be fleshed out for gameplay purposes and character development.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Teaser's up for the next video. I guess they're all going to be about Tsums lol

Back