• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney shower thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Didn't know whether to put it here or kh shower thoughts, but I ended up putting it here.
I'm 7 minutes into Raya and the Last Dragon, and Raya's father called her a princess of heart. View attachment 14011
Princess & the Frog also felt like blatant KH bait with the villain who comes forth powers of shadow from his "friends on the other side".

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Disney & Pixar often tend to have a certain level of hyperbole to them ("Lightning is the greatest racecar in the world!" "Ernesto de la Cruz is the greatest musician in the world!") that you sorta just roll with because they're set in their own worlds & aren't meant to be comparable to real life accolades. It's a harder sell however when actual real world comparisons are in the film itself.

Case in point, WiR claims that Sgt. Calhoun has "the most tragic backstory of any video game game character ever!" Because her fiancee died on their wedding. Ignoring that I could probably spend the next hour listing characters that had it as bad or worse than her, it's a bullshit claim even in-universe thanks to this Easter egg:

u97LHpe.png

Characters in GCS are aware of FF7 (which raises questions of its own how that's possible) but still think Calhoun had it worse than Aerith or anyone else in that game.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I have, like, a million questions about the doors in Monster’s Inc.

What happens if the power goes off when a door is still open? Does the portal just fade away?

What does the other side of the door look like when that happens? When you open a door without the power on, the door just swings out from the frame onto the other side, but when the power’s on, one side of the door opens into the kid’s room or wherever, while the back of it looks like it’s still closed. When the power goes off while open, does the back just materialise into the “open” position? What if somebody is behind the door when that happens??

What if the power goes off when somebody is halfway through it?

What if somebody is in the closet in the kids room when the door connects to the room? What if they try to leave the closet when the door is on?

What if the door is open when it’s put through a shredder?

What if somebody from the other side tries to go through the door while it’s in mid-shred?

WaltK

Awards

I’d genuinely like to know where the hell the majority of these character ages are even coming from?

Among the characters listed there, I can count the number who have actually had their ages stated on screen on one hand (about three, off the top of my head)

And it’s not just this article. It seems to be “common knowledge” across the internet that Snow White is a mere 14 years old, while her prince is a literal 30-year-old sex offender.

What the actual hell?

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I can’t find an answer for this, and now my childhood is ruined, thanks.
I can answer this!

Alright, for Al's Toy Barn the answer is very simple: the store is on its way to financial ruin, and as such has no cameras to speak of. It's made very clear throughout the movie that the store is losing money, and fast which is evident through Al's desperation. Look at all of the Buzz Lightyear figures they have, way more than the entire TOWN would ever need. All of them were purchased for sale following a craze for them back in the day, and as such they won't move. So if the store's trying to salvage itself, then they won't have the money for cameras to watch over it will they?

As for Sunnyside, we already know that the monkey is in charge of surveillance. And it's likely that they (the toys) erase the footage every day before employees come in during the early hours of the morning. Otherwise it would be shut down due to haunted trucks moving around and possessed dolls making the rounds. Besides, it's a daycare, what's there to steal except sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs?
TLM: Where are the mermaids’ gills located?
Well, most Osteichthyians (that's the group that bony fish belong to by the way) have gill slits behind their mouths in order to breathe by having water go over their rakes located inside them, allowing respiration. However TLM doesn't depict merfolk with these, leading to me to speculate that they're amphibious like mudskippers to a degree. Ariel can be out of the water and not suffocate, which suggests that merfolk are capable of breathing air like us with specialized lungs and only live in water because their bodies are better suited for it.
My B.S in science is clearly getting some use on this forum.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What the plot to Oliver and Company again? Like I'm pretty sure I've seen that film at least 3 times in my life and the song is seriously all I remember of it. It's Disney's most forgettable film in the most literal of sense.

Soldier

Awards
What the plot to Oliver and Company again? Like I'm pretty sure I've seen that film at least 3 times in my life and the song is seriously all I remember of it. It's Disney's most forgettable film in the most literal of sense.
Well it's not ENTIRELY forgettable, the villain's death stuck with me the longest. I mean, he's in a car that explodes upon collision with a train.

Also, in Monster's Inc's universe, there are plenty of monsters that fly and others that swim. What I want to know is the restrictions on their innate abilities. Do flying monsters have the ability to fly wherever they want? or are there limits to it? would it even be worth it to own a car then if you can just avoid traffic all together. What about underwater monsters seen in MU? how do they reproduce? can they breathe air? how do they get to the school/live normal lives? do they just live in the ocean?

I NEED TO KNOW!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well it's not ENTIRELY forgettable, the villain's death stuck with me the longest. I mean, he's in a car that explodes upon collision with a train.

Also, in Monster's Inc's universe, there are plenty of monsters that fly and others that swim. What I want to know is the restrictions on their innate abilities. Do flying monsters have the ability to fly wherever they want? or are there limits to it? would it even be worth it to own a car then if you can just avoid traffic all together. What about underwater monsters seen in MU? how do they reproduce? can they breathe air? how do they get to the school/live normal lives? do they just live in the ocean?

I NEED TO KNOW!
So many of the monsters are purely for the sake of style or a gag that I don't think Pixar puts THAT much effort into the world building. So many questions could be asked for how the poor snail guy gets through life.

WaltK

Awards
Did the Sleeping Beauty directors run out of a voice acting budget halfway through making the film, or was having Prince Philip going mute for the latter half of the film a creative decision?

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This has got to be one of the best threads i've read in a while on here, i've got nothing to add to the conversation other than praise, keep scrolling lol.

Back