• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disneytoon Studios shuts down

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
End of an era indeed. It sucks but the time of traditional animation has long since passed. We are in the cgi era now. It's still sad to know that this era is officially over.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They peaked with the Goofy Movie films and Cinderella III. I haven’t enjoyed any of the rest of their output after those films.

May we always remember those films and the King of Thieves as their only solid material.

Disney never gave them the resources they needed or the budget to make better quality films, so they were always sabotaged from the start.

ImVentus

Awards
Ehh, this studio lost my interest years ago. That being said, I do feel bad for the ones that will be experiencing layoffs.

Also this isn't the studio that produced most of the 2D films, those were mostly made in Australia until shut down in like late 2006.
Walt Disney Animation Studios haven't been the best either. They produced all that Frozen filler, which feels like one big cash grab. I'm really not feeling good with the Wreck It Ralph sequel coming.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like they should just fold that staff into their main studio and television department rather than firing them all. With Disney acquiring Blue Sky from the eventual Fox acquisition, I imagine they wanted to trim town staff ahead of time, though.

Knuxpyro56

I remember watching the Tinkerbell movies in band class back in middle school. Those films were pretty enjoyable. But yeah their best movies were Goofy Movies and the Lilo and Stitch sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back