• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia and kingdom hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

would adding a kh chracter to dissida be a good idea or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
A character that is new to Dissidia that would be transferred over to KH (like, they were planning for the character to be in a future installment, but that installment has yet to come out, so they added him/her to the Dissidia cast) sounds like an interesting idea. I doubt that they'd use Sora or any of his "clones". Most likely, though, they'll just use the KH costume for a FF character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Considering if they added KH characters, it would become another FFxDisney crossover game and think of all of the fanboy rage that would ensue. (Because SRK and every other original character in the game are considered Disney characters in a legal sense)

Also the fact there are a hundred characters in the FF Universe that have yet to make it into a Dissidia game. That would make more rage than anything.

But since this has turned into a "if Dissidia had KH characters" thread pretty much, I'd say Sora and Riku/Xehanort's Heartless.

tenchi ryu

Considering if they added KH characters, it would become another FFxDisney crossover game and think of all of the fanboy rage that would ensue. (Because SRK and every other original character in the game are considered Disney characters in a legal sense)

Also the fact there are a hundred characters in the FF Universe that have yet to make it into a Dissidia game. That would make more rage than anything.

But since this has turned into a "if Dissidia had KH characters" thread pretty much, I'd say Sora and Riku/Xehanort's Heartless.
Really? I thought the original characters in kh are the only parts of the kh series that both Disney and SE share rights too. But KH could do if they decided to drop disney....I mean they are a nice addition, but with how the story is now, they could be dropped if SE wanted to buy out Disney's portion

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It is interesting when you think of it in the perspective of the KH original characters being Disney characters rather than Square ones. In that case, it's like saying KH has more a reason to get in than Dragon Quest, a very popular series that belongs to Square in it's entirety.

roxasisamazing

But you can call me RIA
In Sora's basement playing ping pong with Roxas
i though nomura siad he would include kingdom hearts characters in a the next sequel
actually i thought i heard somewhere the exact opposite

if sora was in it who would his villain counterpart be?
would be sweet to see Rikunort, but if it does happen (which i doubt) it would most likely be Xehanort

V

Ventus91

I really hope they don't put kh into thiis game they should just stick with FF characters maybe add customes from KH but thats it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Really? I thought the original characters in kh are the only parts of the kh series that both Disney and SE share rights too. But KH could do if they decided to drop disney....I mean they are a nice addition, but with how the story is now, they could be dropped if SE wanted to buy out Disney's portion

No I'd say it's the other way around. I think DISNEY could buy out Square Enix's portion because in all honesty, FF are just merely cameos that don't serve much purpose. Heck, even in BBS the only FF characters you had were Moogles and Zack.

cloudzack117

Dissidia was originaly suposed to be kingdom hearts, but disney did not want their characters fighting each other. They also told Nomura that if they made a new dissidia that they wouldn't allow kh characters.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Dissidia was originaly suposed to be kingdom hearts, but disney did not want their characters fighting each other. They also told Nomura that if they made a new dissidia that they wouldn't allow kh characters.

Disney could have always changed there minds, and I never heard that second part before o_O

Either way, I said yes merely because I thought having KH Cloud counted, but overall, I think having Sora in the game would fit IF he made no relevance to the story, just like a random role, but I think a lot of FF fans might be angry if they put him in claiming it was a wasted spot. I would enjoy Final Fantasy vs. Kingdom Hearts though, in a Dissidia type game.

Xenin

Banned
Well for the enemy...the way Dissidia rivalry works they would need to have conversations leading up to there final battle. Ansem SoD and Xemnas don't really know Sora on that level and they were kinda straight up evil that needed to be gotten rid of... Riku though would have good back and forth tlks...and harder to fight...
As for story lines go.... From what I saw from the game....it was like the Dissidia game was those characters with there personality but from that world just destined to fight. Sora wouldn't be as hard as any character being thrown in there

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well for the enemy...the way Dissidia rivalry works they would need to have conversations leading up to there final battle. Ansem SoD and Xemnas don't really know Sora on that level and they were kinda straight up evil that needed to be gotten rid of... Riku though would have good back and forth tlks...and harder to fight...
As for story lines go.... From what I saw from the game....it was like the Dissidia game was those characters with there personality but from that world just destined to fight. Sora wouldn't be as hard as any character being thrown in there

Sora would be more difficult because of the point you mentioned that the villians need to converse. However, this could be easily solved because they could just say it is an alternate dimension that takes place after their first fight, so the enemy would know this about Sora. Also, I don't think they NEED an enemy, I could see Sora being in the game, but like a villian, have no storyline. He could just be a character in the game that doesn't really pertain to the story, because he doesn't have a crystal or anything like that besides his lucky shell charm from Kairi, and I think that would be out of place compared to the crystals.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Really, Disney could buy KH and kick out all FF if they wanted to. SE definitely doesn't have as much "control" over the game like Disney does. Disney is pretty much the foundation of KH. You can take the FF out and still have everything else. Spell names can be simplified to Fire, Fire II and lame things like that. Take the Disney out, and you don't have anything.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
too bad disney has so much control i wonder wher the game would go if square had a fifty fifty thing going on with disney

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
too bad disney has so much control i wonder wher the game would go if square had a fifty fifty thing going on with disney

It would be a very strange game. There would actually be FF worlds to visit rather than original worlds occupied with FF characters. More of FF story would be used rather than a reference point for the FF characters, and we'd probably have FF Summons. But the fact that this has always been a "Disney game developed by SE with FF cameos" thing, I wouldn't like to see FF have more space in this game at all.

It is exactly the same as Dissidia. Have KH there and you have successfully removed the space for FF characters that are way more deserving. Put more FF in KH and you make the game even more of a Disney filler game, especially when we need Disney worlds to become an even more integrated part of the series and there are a ton of Disney movies that have yet to make it into KH that many wish to see.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
It would be a very strange game. There would actually be FF worlds to visit rather than original worlds occupied with FF characters. More of FF story would be used rather than a reference point for the FF characters, and we'd probably have FF Summons. But the fact that this has always been a "Disney game developed by SE with FF cameos" thing, I wouldn't like to see FF have more space in this game at all.

It is exactly the same as Dissidia. Have KH there and you have successfully removed the space for FF characters that are way more deserving. Put more FF in KH and you make the game even more of a Disney filler game, especially when we need Disney worlds to become an even more integrated part of the series and there are a ton of Disney movies that have yet to make it into KH that many wish to see.

i guess thats true but adding a chracter like riku into the story wouldnt take away from the ff's they only add a leading protaginist to the game and there only about 14 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back