• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia Final Fantasy interview and hints at a possible sequel with Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy interview and hints at a possible sequel with Kingdom Hear

Sora knows most of the FF characters already lol. But that cartoon is weird o_O

Also I think KH in Dissida would have priority over TWEWY because KH is part FF. It has it's characters in it, it has the same magic, it's almost FF with Disney.

The problem with having Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia is that Kingdom Hearts isn't part of the Final Fantasy universe, it just borrows characters and elements from the FF series.

With Dissidia, the characters in the game are actually from their respected Final Fantasy games, and aren't just characters being borrowed from another series. What I'm basically saying is that Cloud from KH for example, isn't Cloud. He looks like Cloud, he sounds like Cloud, but he isn't Cloud. The Cloud in KH is a KH character, not an FF character.

Last edited:

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy interview and hints at a possible sequel with Kingdom Hear

The problem with having Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia is that Kingdom Hearts isn't part of the Final Fantasy universe, it just borrows characters and elements from the FF series.

With Dissidia, the characters in the game are actually from their respected Final Fantasy games, and aren't just characters being borrowed from another series. What I'm basically saying is that Cloud from KH for example, isn't Cloud. He looks like Cloud, he sounds like Cloud, but he isn't Cloud. The Cloud in KH is a KH character, not an FF character.

Which is why you make it non-canon, and leave them out of story mode.

Also, there's sufficient evidence that the Auron in KH is, in fact, the Auron from Final Fantasy X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radon

mofo

FF characters in KH are based on those in FF. It doesn't have to be looked into too much.

Although I agree KH isnt part of the FF universe. There are all the FF spinoff that probably would come ahead of KH but the creator of the game stated himself that KH may be in Dissida 2 so we can't argue with him.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

Which is why you make it non-canon, and leave them out of story mode.

Also, there's sufficient evidence that the Auron in KH is, in fact, the Auron from Final Fantasy X.

..because he said "This is my story"? or something like that.?

but the creator of the game stated himself that KH may be in Dissida 2 so we can't argue with him.

yes, it's probably still tentative.. May Be and/or May Not Be in Dissidia..

Radon

mofo

Exactly. We can't tell them what to do.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Finial Fantasy is the subtitle of Dissidia, future games could have different subtitles which completely change the perception of Dissidia. For example:

Dissidia: Dragon Quest
Dissidia: Kingdom Hearts
Dissidia: Of Mana

Or hell, go all out & do Dissidia: Square-Enix, which features a hero/villain pair for each separate franchise *drools over the thought of playable Crono/Magus*

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner

Finial Fantasy is the subtitle of Dissidia, future games could have different subtitles which completely change the perception of Dissidia. For example:

Dissidia: Dragon Quest
Dissidia: Of Mana

Or hell, go all out & do Dissidia: Square-Enix, which features a hero/villain pair for each separate franchise *drools over the thought of playable Crono/Magus*

No. It'll always be DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy VII is the subtitle of Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-, but no one will argue that by changing that VII to an VIII it changes the game. No es bueno.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

well, there's always a possibility that they could/would make another Dissidia games other than FF..

.Oji

赤いテキスト

“According to Kitase-san, a sequel would be ‘very interesting’. Maybe it’ll include Kingdom Hearts characters then?

2w5rerr.gif

Wouldn't call it "Dissidia," but I'm remotely willing to accept this.

Make a game similar to Dissidia with characters from Kingdom Hearts. Add DQ or TWEWY characters to the mix, and I might buy it.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe

Interesting I wouldn't mind having a kingdom hearts character in the mix. But what .Oji said sounds better but either way I hope Disney say yes.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The thing that amuses me mostly about Dissidia for KH would be the Disney characters XD with the Org and the BBS cast they do have enough for their own game, but we end up getting a majority of "Darkness affiliated" people. So they'll have to either put in the FF cameos (leading back to the option you're all dismissing while forgetting KH already established the possibility for it, only they would have to put KH as the center instead of the FF to properly establish context) or bring in the Disney characters D:

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

I don't think I would like it.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

The thing that amuses me mostly about Dissidia for KH would be the Disney characters XD with the Org and the BBS cast they do have enough for their own game, but we end up getting a majority of "Darkness affiliated" people. So they'll have to either put in the FF cameos (leading back to the option you're all dismissing while forgetting KH already established the possibility for it, only they would have to put KH as the center instead of the FF to properly establish context) or bring in the Disney characters D:

Which is why I'm thinking more DLC for Dissidia:FF 2 (or whatever it would be called) It would require a toned down story mode so it wouldn't really matter.

Or even just as a character. (So Riku and Joshua as DLC, but no story mode (and I'm just throwing the names out there))

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

No. It'll always be DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy VII is the subtitle of Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-, but no one will argue that by changing that VII to an VIII it changes the game. No es bueno.
"always" that's a pretty strong word to use with nothing but opinions to back it up. Dissidia is only 1 game so far, there is no established pattern to follow yet. They could honestly do absolutely anything for a sequel including a complete genre change if that's what they wanted.

Crisis Core is part of a series of games, the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, & thus follows the trends established by the 2 games in the series that preceded it. It's not really a fair comparison.

Awards

I don't see why people are even complaining about this. Dissidia and KH both have alternate universes that play off of the Final Fantasy series, so dismissing KH as incompatible with Dissidia is ludicrous. People might also brand Dissidia as too "srs business" for KH but plucking the original characters out of the Disney elements, you'd have a story that would sync well with the other FF stories in the game.

Still, I could really care less.
I'm still waiting for that SSBB with Sora in it that everyone was talking about.
Oh wait.

AbstracTheory

I myself enjoyed Dissidia Final Fantasy :p, even though i didn't understand what was going
so add a keyblade in it and a sequal :D and it could be greatness

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

Grace Assassin said:
I don't see why people are even complaining about this. Dissidia and KH both have alternate universes that play off of the Final Fantasy series, so dismissing KH as incompatible with Dissidia is ludicrous. People might also brand Dissidia as too "srs business" for KH but plucking the original characters out of the Disney elements, you'd have a story that would sync well with the other FF stories in the game.
I don't give a fuck about the story, I care about the meaning and intention of the game which is to celebrate the FF series, KH is not apart of that no matter how many FF characters you shove into it or how the story is simialr to FF; Last Remnant is similar to FF but it sure is hell ain't gonna be in Dissidia. It is not like Vagrant story where it gets a pass to be apart of FF, it is it's own game series. Get your own damn 20th anniversary game for KH, Kitase.

Awards

I don't give a fuck about the story, I care about the meaning and intention of the game which is to celebrate the FF series, KH is not apart of that no matter how many FF characters you shove into it or how the story is simialr to FF; Last Remnant is similar to FF but it sure is hell ain't gonna be in Dissidia. It is not like Vagrant story where it gets a pass to be apart of FF, it is it's own game series. Get your own damn 20th anniversary game for KH, Kitase.

Oh you purists.

FUCK, KINGDOM HEARTS IS GOING TO FUCKING RUIN DISSIDIA, A COMBINATION OF TWELVE RELATIVELY UNRELATED GAMES BRANCHING UNDER THE SAME TITLE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. DO NAWT WANT. HISS.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

Nintendo owns the right on KH characters anyway. I don't see why they'd go to complicated stuff and pick KH characters, when DQ has received FF characters as a guest in Itadaki Street for example, and DQ's character are totally free of use (and a lot more popular in Japan).

Nevertheless, I don't really want. Though everything is possible after Snake and Sonic in a game sensed to gather Nitendo's character, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back