• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC preview at TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I know this is a long way away, but I can’t really see them previewing it at E3. I’m pretty sure Square’s focus at E3 with be FF7R (and MAYBE that Avengers project.) I see it more likely that actual footage will premiere at TGS with a winter release for it.

I know that seems like forever, since it will practically be a year since KH3’s release, but if it’s going to be like a “Final Mix” pack, then the development time makes sense. Not to mention KH2FM didn’t release until a year after the western release of KH2.

I don’t consider Critical Mode in this. I feel like that will release during the summer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Depends on how far along they are with the DLC. Critical mode and whatever else comes in the free patch is sure to be the focus first and we know they are pretty close to releasing that, so you are probably right that TGS is probably when we’ll see the first news for the DLC.

Also E3 is likely going to be 7’s time, so it would suck to see KH3 news getting overshadowed because of 7.

Awards
If we do end up waiting that long for the DLC announcements, I would be fine with that. I want them to take their time with the DLC so that it can really be worth it and add to the game. I personally felt satisfied with Kingdom Hearts III's content, as I felt it was more than enough. However, I know a lot of people feel differently. For their sake, it would be good if the development team took their time with the DLC. Maybe not six years, LOL, but just longer than a few months. I do hope Critical Mode comes by the summer, though, as long as it proves to be a more challenging experience. Critical mode is something I'm looking forward to.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS III is one of Square Enix's best selling games. I'm sure they'll find a balance between promoting FINAL FANTASY VII's remake, and promoting KHIII to keep pushing sales. I'm sure they'll also re-release a second physical edition with all of the content inside of the disc.

Which makes me wonder if Nomura's new cover for KH3 Final Mix will feature more clues?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS III is one of Square Enix's best selling games. I'm sure they'll find a balance between promoting FINAL FANTASY VII's remake, and promoting KHIII to keep pushing sales. I'm sure they'll also re-release a second physical edition with all of the content inside of the disc.

Which makes me wonder if Nomura's new cover for KH3 Final Mix will feature more clues?
Shinjuku was on the original cover right? I could see him trying to squeeze in Shibuya in somehow for the Final Mix.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I know Nomura said they are planning to release one big pack, but considering the game was released in January and seems like we're going to May without any announcement, feels like they're are taking too much time to release any DLC.

Strike while the iron is hot. That's what most game developers do nowadays and Square once again is failing to keep up with the times. A lot of people will buy the DLC, but how many will already moved on when the time comes?!

Wait until September to get a preview is nothing but laughable to me. We aren't in 2006 anymore.

If there's a lot of content coming, maybe breaking it down in different packs is a better strategy in order to keep the fire burning, instead of trying to reignite it later.

As for E3, FF7 Remake should definitely be their focus. It's about time that game gets a new trailer and a release date, so hopefully it gets both there.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
feels like they're are taking too much time to release any DLC.
The devs were on vacation after KH3's release. They're also busy already working on the next KH game. A DLC expansion of KH3's caliber will take months of dev, and of course, bug testing and such. Remember you also have to schedule with voice actors.

If there's a lot of content coming, maybe breaking it down in different packs is a better strategy in order to keep the fire burning, instead of trying to reignite it later.
Single player DLC doesn't sell as hot as people think it does. And this would go against Nomura's philosophy, and would pretty much place the game together with FINAL FANTASY XV, which is something Nomura would seriously try to prevent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know Nomura said they are planning to release one big pack, but considering the game was released in January and seems like we're going to May without any announcement, feels like they're are taking too much time to release any DLC.

Strike while the iron is hot. That's what most game developers do nowadays and Square once again is failing to keep up with the times. A lot of people will buy the DLC, but how many will already moved on when the time comes?!

Eh, they needed a break and DLC takes time to make. DLC coming out so soon after a game releases means that it was in development while the game was being made, which feels insidious to me because they could have waited a bit longer and released that content with the game if they wanted to.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Single player DLC doesn't sell as hot as people think it does. And this would go against Nomura's philosophy, and would pretty much place the game together with FINAL FANTASY XV, which is something Nomura would seriously try to prevent.

Not to mention, Square Enix took a 33 Million dollar loss due to Luminous Productions and ended up canceling the rest of the FFXV DLCs. If you're a fan, you're gonna buy it, but it's definitely not going to be like how people buy the base game.

I think they can definitely space out KH3's content with FF7 Remake's content, but all eyes are definitely going to be on the remake. Which is just as well too, because now that KH3 is out, they can focus on the next title and wrapping up the DLC. The remake deserves more attention right now anyway, there hasn't been any significant showing of the game in years.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to mention, Square Enix took a 33 Million dollar loss due to Luminous Productions and ended up canceling the rest of the FFXV DLCs. If you're a fan, you're gonna buy it, but it's definitely not going to be like how people buy the base game.

I think they can definitely space out KH3's content with FF7 Remake's content, but all eyes are definitely going to be on the remake. Which is just as well too, because now that KH3 is out, they can focus on the next title and wrapping up the DLC. The remake deserves more attention right now anyway, there hasn't been any significant showing of the game in years.
My thoughts exactly. A DLC announcement won't deviate much attention from FF7R. Neither will a KH3FM a year from now.

Back