• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you Believe....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Well do you ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vnnk

That some of the characters in kingdom hearts are homosexual ?

I know some of you are thinking "GTFO TROLL"

But im being serious I mean in my mind i see Roxas and Axel being lovers. (i know they cant love but meh) There is something so close between Two male characters i usuly just assume this. Also Riku and Sora there friendship has been through so much yet they still care for in other it can be love maybe not the sexual kind but still love.

Just want the communities opinion on this.

And also due to HeartSeams "curiousness"

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, I was hoping this would lead more to some detailed discussions on the matter...
Hopefully this doesn't devolve into childish comments or an instant-close on the thread.

But I'm actually seriously interested in what people think about this, in detail and their reasons why.

Revolution

I guess it is possible that there is homosexual relations somewhere in the KH universe, but we're talking about Disney. I doubt Disney would allow, or even want, to endorse a game with homosexual ideas, even in the slightest, because it would cause riots from the parents over why two boys (Or girls) are kissing with Donald Duck watching. Which would lead to a loss of revenue, which we all know most companies wants.

Would I like to see it? Sure. It'd be a nice change of pace to get some kind of relationship involved in this series since Nomura seems to refuse any such thing. One character I could see as a bisexual or homosexual, if he returned, is Marluxia?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I guess it is possible that there is homosexual relations somewhere in the KH universe, but we're talking about Disney. I doubt Disney would allow, or even want, to endorse a game with homosexual ideas, even in the slightest
Well, it's not like Disney properities are completely without gay characters.l Ryan from High School Musical, comes to mind.

because it would cause riots from the parents over why two boys (Or girls) are kissing with Donald Duck watching.
Straight people aren't even kissing in this game, I don't think anyone would have to worry about that.

Revolution

Well, it's not like Disney properities are completely without gay characters.l Ryan from High School Musical, comes to mind.

Straight people aren't even kissing in this game, I don't think anyone would have to worry about that.

Thing is, I've seen High School Musical, and while he does have flamboyant tendencies, he does have a girlfriend I guess. In the closet? Possibly but never confirmed.

Yes, but most parents of little kids who start playing the series would most likely want to see a kiss between a heterosexual couple over a homosexual couple

vnnk

Well if we look at this from the view were KHs Beloved dictators Disney did not have a say in the matter

Revolution

Well if we look at this from the view were KHs Beloved dictators Disney did not have a say in the matter

If Disney didn't have a say in the matter of a homosexual relationship, or simply a scene in the game, I'd be all for it.

I'd still be if Disney had a say, but that makes matters more complicated

vnnk

Yes, but most parents of little kids who start playing the series would most likely want to see a kiss between a heterosexual couple over a homosexual couple

Such as the small minded people are such a shame there is alot of them

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Thing is, I've seen High School Musical, and while he does have flamboyant tendencies, he does have a girlfriend I guess. In the closet? Possibly but never confirmed.
I'm pretty sure he never got a girlfriend, plus, he comes out of the closet in the Broadway Play version.

I was mostly saying it wouldn't be an issue because even the straight kids don't kiss (as in, kissing is probably off the table). Plus, I'm not so sure Parents care as much these days as they used to.

Revolution

I'm pretty sure he never got a girlfriend, plus, he comes out of the closet in the Broadway Play version.

I was mostly saying it wouldn't be an issue because even the straight kids don't kiss (as in, kissing is probably off the table). Plus, I'm not so sure Parents care as much these days as they used to.

He was dating Kelsey for a short time in HSM2 I believe, and possibly in HSM3. I haven't seen them in a while. Also, I don't know if the Broadway version I would consider. Was Disney involved in the making of it?

Also, there are still many parents and families against homosexuality, which is why Disney wouldn't endorse it because they would lose revenue.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He was dating Kelsey for a short time in HSM2 I believe, and possibly in HSM3.
I'm pretty sure they were just friends as opposed to actually dating.

Was Disney involved in the making of it?
It's their property so, they have to be in some form. I'm sure it's like KH, in where Disney owns the rights but someone else put it together, more or less.

Also, there are still many parents and families against homosexuality, which is why Disney wouldn't endorse it because they would lose revenue.
Or they could gain revenue. LGBT people in general are more likely to check something out if they believe it will have LGBT content. It could balance out.

(plus, said families wouldn't even be aware of it until after they bought it anyway, right?)

Also, I think the thread was asking if the subtext was there. I mean, Disney loves homoness in subtext. Ryan for example, or some new kid I can't remember on one of their new shows are obviously gay, they just don't go out and say it. Could something like that be happening in KH?

State

Awards
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Mansex" here. If you're wondering who's Mansex, it's an anagram for Xemnas. xD
But anyhow, I personally can't see any homosexual pairs in the series, but that must be due to never thinking of this.

Revolution

Also, I think the thread was asking if the subtext was there. I mean, Disney loves homoness in subtext. Ryan for example, or some new kid I can't remember on one of their new shows are obviously gay, they just don't go out and say it. Could something like that be happening in KH?

Of course something like that could happen in KH. The problem is if Nomura would consider putting it in.

And that show is Shake it Up. And it's the usual Disney Channel bad.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Mansex" here. If you're wondering who's Mansex, it's an anagram for Xemnas. xD
People probably didn't mention it because we were trying to have a more serious discussion on the topic...

Of course something like that could happen in KH.
Well, do you think there's evidence of it happening already?

Revolution

Well, do you think there's evidence of it happening already?

I mean, sure. There could be evidence looking at the closeness of some male characters (Axel/Roxas, Sora/Riku), but more or less, I just find it as fangirl pairings. So, I don't know if the evidence is there, aside from the heartfelt moments.

Example: The Axel and Roxas scene in FM+, on the clocktower.

State

Awards
People probably didn't mention it because we were trying to have a more serious discussion on the topic...
Kingdom Hearts; serious business.

But Nomura considering on introducing homosexual relationships or bluntly referencing them or indirectly linking person A with B, it's possible. This is how I imagine how it may happen:

Sora: "So Riku, have you thought of a relationship with a girl?"
Riku: "A girl's not the only option."
/Sora acts stupidly, as if he never heard Riku's reply

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
There could be homosexual relationships in KH, but I always felt that Riku/Sora and Roxas/Axel were just close male friendships. I don't really understand why close males are automatically targeted to be a yaoi couple or something; why can't two men just be really close friends?

Revolution

Kingdom Hearts; serious business.

But Nomura considering on introducing homosexual relationships or bluntly referencing them or indirectly linking person A with B, it's possible. This is how I imagine how it may happen:

Sora: "So Riku, have you thought of a relationship with a girl?"
Riku: "A girl's not the only option."
/Sora acts stupidly, as if he never heard Riku's reply

I'm sure Nomura would have some help when it came to writing those kinds of scenes.

After all, the "Who will I have ice cream with?!" line in the middle of the heartfelt scene of Days ruined it in a way

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
There could be homosexual relationships in KH, but I always felt that Riku/Sora and Roxas/Axel were just close male friendships. I don't really understand why close males are automatically targeted to be a yaoi couple or something; why can't two men just be really close friends?
I don't think anyone is trying to say that -just- because they have a close male relationship it means they're gay. But, it's still a possibility after all.

I'm sure Nomura would have some help when it came to writing those kinds of scenes.

After all, the "Who will I have ice cream with?!" line in the middle of the heartfelt scene of Days ruined it in a way
That was the localization teams' fault, really.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone is trying to say that -just- because they have a close male relationship it means they're gay. But, it's still a possibility after all.
I agree that it's possible, it's very possible. It just seems that every close male relationship is cause for the two to become romantically involved and I don't understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back