• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you Believe....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Well do you ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realm Walker

The SoNami bit made no sense whatsoever since last I checked, people aren't born by someone forcefully injecting their Hearts into someone else's Body and then forcing that person to become a Heartless.
...oh wow Roxas and Namine are the children Sora gave birth to after being raped by Kairi. Wonderful metaphor there, 09.

I can see where he's getting at. Namine is kind of a part of Sora, so it's easy to see why some wouldn't like that pairing. It's kinda like Sora+Vanitas, Sora+Roxas, or even Sora+Ven, except SoNami isn't Yaoi (but that's not what this is about). Still, it can easily be seen as incest.

I think cuddling and walks on the beach xD

I think hugging and gazing under the night sky.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I can see where he's getting at. Namine is kind of a part of Sora, so it's easy to see why some wouldn't like that pairing. It's kinda like Sora+Vanitas, Sora+Roxas, or even Sora+Ven, except SoNami isn't Yaoi (but that's not what this is about). Still, it can easily be seen as incest.

Namine isn't a part of anyone. As far as we know she never took anything from anyone, barely even from Kairi. If she was truly a part of Sora, she'd have had to give him something back. The one she returned to was Kairi, not Sora.
If anything she'd be Sora's surrogate daughter but I doubt anyone really wants to go the distance :\
Also, that would make RokuNami siblings too. Just saying. xD; *hates that sort of mindset*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I try to think of them as incarnations rather than pieces of people because then it isn't so much self-cesty.

Anyways, isn't it the parents responsibility to teach their children what is wrong and right? It should not be the responsibility of the media to parent a child. And if the parents will not let them watch or play or read something because it might have homosexual relationships in it, then that is their own decision. That would make me question what parents are teaching their kids today, though, because I know I was taught acceptance of all people no matter what the circumstance is.

If homosexual characters can or cannot be depicted in Kingdom Hearts, let that be up to the people making the game. Once they make their decision, it should then fall in the hands of the parent if they decide to allow their child to play.

Now back to the topic, believing that there are homosexual characters in the game is up to your own perception. There are a lot of deep friendships, and I can argue that SoKai is probably the least developed heterosexual relationship in the series, and I can believe that if either Sora or Riku were girls there would be no doubt people would be shipping SoRiku, but in the end it us up to the person playing.

Kingdom Hearts' focus is on friendship. Romance only exists in the parts that are Disney. We know Sora has a crush on Kairi, and that when Namine manipulated his memories he had a deep caring for her. We know Sora cares about Riku and both would follow each other wherever the other goes, and that Axel felt emotions whenever he was around Roxas...and that is as far as any of those things will probably ever go.

Deep friendship, caring, and small crushes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can only second what Lycoris said...every ounce of it. (Damn, why isn't there a thumbs up-smiley, lol).

And there shouldn't be bashing of someone's perception of the series just because it doesn't go conform with one's own. ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
How did a Discussion about Homosexual Kingdom Hearts Characters turn into a Discussion about Incest in Kingdom Hearts Characters? I find this quite amusing.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We know Sora has a crush on Kairi

I didn't get the memo.

Deep friendship, caring, and small crushes.

You forgot mad obsession.

How did a Discussion about Homosexual Kingdom Hearts Characters turn into a Discussion about Incest in Kingdom Hearts Characters? I find this quite amusing.

It's all about accepting what's different.
And it can be argued KH is Selfcest.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I didn't get the memo.

You forgot mad obsession.

It's all about accepting what's different.
And it can be argued KH is Selfcest.

Oh really? XD I guess i should get my facts straight. "Selfcest", it has a ring to it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh really? XD I guess i should get my facts straight. "Selfcest", it has a ring to it.

lol, there's also that word starting with an M... which is interchangeable with "Selfcest".
Could be used for pairings like Sora/Roxas if one denies that Roxas is his own person...*ggg*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
lol, there's also that word starting with an M... which is interchangeable with "Selfcest".

Actually, it's not quite interchangeable. M--- is you with yourself. Selfcest is you with another variation of yourself. Namely, another person's hand or whatever

Could be used for pairings like Sora/Roxas if one denies that Roxas is his own person...*ggg*

No, it's still used for Roxas even if you do accept that he's his own person because he originated from Sora.

UnKNoWn_TWiLiGhT

ok please stop, i am not homophobic, im atheist, and i know that people are born gay and its not there fault, but people are born attracted to feet, children, old people, hair, and animals, but i dont want anything out of the natural sexual reproduction involved in my beloved video game series. I think gay people should be able to get married and live happy lives, but i dont want the concept of it incorporated in Kingdom hearts. i dont even want hetero sexual things involved. Kingdom Hearts is a game about Disney Characters, Final Fantasy Characters, and Original Characters wrapped up in a interesting universe with Friendship as its main driving force. Lets have Friendship be the only theme. Now dont even think that im some stuck of Conservative, old fashioned prune who cant stand the sight of sexual things, cause im not. i wouldnt care if people walked around naked, were born that way, get over it(off topic sorry), but what im trying to get at is that let Kingdom Hearts be Kingdom Hearts, and don't add any unnecessary themes into it. If love is going to be involved then make it between Kairi and Sora because that connection between them has already been established.

THIS.
I personally don't see any couple in KH, homosexual or heterosexual, only friendship, which is good enough for me. Kairi and Sora may or may not be the only exception, we'll have to see it for ourselves in later games if they decide to make them a couple or not. Other than that, friendship is good enough for me. :D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
THIS.
I personally don't see any couple in KH, homosexual or heterosexual, only friendship, which is good enough for me. Kairi and Sora may or may not be the only exception, we'll have to see it for ourselves in later games if they decide to make them a couple or not. Other than that, friendship is good enough for me. :D

Yup. Friendship should be the only Relationship in Kingdom Hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually, it's not quite interchangeable. M--- is you with yourself. Selfcest is you with another variation of yourself. Namely, another person's hand or whatever

No, it's still used for Roxas even if you do accept that he's his own person because he originated from Sora.

It is...I guess...

Ah screw it....I'm going to pull a Hades on this issue: "Details, who needs them!" lol.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
No for the sheer fact that I don't believe that two major corporations would put blatant gay subtext in a video game which would possibly lose revenue and cause tons of controversy.

The fact that people make these threads is quite sad...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No for the sheer fact that I don't believe that two major corporations would put blatant gay subtext in a video game which would possibly lose revenue and cause tons of controversy.

The bolded parts contradict each other.
And controversy was never truly a bad thing in that regards. People build careers on controversies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I guess they do contradict each other. My bad.

But I still highly doubt that Disney would do that and don't know why anyone would really even want them to.

vnnk

The fact that people make these threads is quite sad...

Why is it when its about Male X Male its sad never understood that rather annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back