• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you count Deep Space as a true world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you count this as a world?

• Yeah

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don't think it really matters

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello, it's been a while since I made a thread hasn't it? huh, time to speculate boys and girls.

While plowing through kh 2.8, I was thinking about the worlds of bbs, since I will soon finish off the prologue to 3 that I started months ago. Then I remembered Deep Space, the world that contains the first 20 minutes of the hit film "Lilo and Stitch" and I got to thinking, "wait, is this a world? but it's a ship?" (For the record, I mean in terms of a in-universe definition of a world, you know, having a heart) Sure, it is a big ship, but it was still manufactured somewhere, and can move around in the lanes between with little issue. So if it's just a big ship, then it can't fall to darkness like a natural world (though I suppose it's inhabitants could be killed off, leaving the ship to just fly through space continuously. Let me know what you think, I'm curious.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think its comparable to Montsro and Prankster's Paradise. Or the Grid and Space Paranoids to a lesser extent. Two different worlds based on the same film/franchise.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Or the fact that KH1's "Neverland" were Hook's ship and the Big Ben. The Keyhole for Neverland was literally not in Neverland.

TelaryCri

Awards
Deep Space kinda trips me out.

Like, the ship is first seen in the corridor whatever TAV make (explicitly with their Keyblades) to travel between worlds. Does this mean The ship is equipped with a hyperdrive that goes into the between world corridors? And it's not this terribly massive "only big ships" thing, since I guess we're to assume Stitch arrived in Radiant Garden after escaping in his little red ship. And there are a few different alien races aboard (both what we see and y'know, presumably there's some Titanic engine room stuff going on, no idea who's staffing that, or who's flying the thing, or whoever the hell is managing fucking DRINK SERVICE!), which presumes there are many worlds that have access to such technology. But of course, SDG never land on a world that has access to that sort of thing. The Grand Councilwoman's journal entry explicitly states that she and the United Galactic Federation oversee the universe, but they were nowhere to be found when the Heartless (For YEARS) were attacking said universe. Is their inaction tied into the oft-ignored no meddling rule? Is the no meddling rule in place specifically so worlds not ready for advanced technology don't go farther than they were meant to? Does this all mean that SDG aren't just ignoring a vague suggestion, but seriously violating an enshrined inter-universal law? Has Yen Sid been paying off the galactic council all these years? Why doesn't he just call in their army (which they'd need to police the universe effectively) to deal with Xehanort's schemes?

The rabbit hole just never ends, man!

The Dark Mamba

Awards
That's a very a very good point regarding whether Deep Space is a world. Given that the way it's presented is more similar to Monstro than a normal world I'd vote that it's not a true world.

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean the deep space itself was part of the Lilo and Stitch world, it's not in the ocean between like say Monstro was. Neverland actually is the best example Hook's ship was in the ocean between but then shortly after it arrived on Neverland's actual ocean. The ship isn't going to fall to darkness and take the entire "world" of lilo and stitch with it unless for some reason that was where its keyhole was. But if the world did fall then that entire outerspace area the ship was in complete with the cute little bubblegum planet you can see from instead would vanish into the darkness, if the ship was there it to would likely be sucked into the darkness if it doesn't escape. It is a bit weird though that the ship was using the lanes between that had only recently been unlocked by Eraqus. One has to wonder if the ship actually came from the world of deep space, or if it came from an alien planet in another world (like say I dunno a Mars needs Moms world) and merely traveled the corridors arriving in the outer space of deep space....wow that is a stupid sentence. >.>

Soldier

Awards
I mean the deep space itself was part of the Lilo and Stitch world, it's not in the ocean between like say Monstro was. Neverland actually is the best example Hook's ship was in the ocean between but then shortly after it arrived on Neverland's actual ocean. The ship isn't going to fall to darkness and take the entire "world" of lilo and stitch with it unless for some reason that was where its keyhole was. But if the world did fall then that entire outerspace area the ship was in complete with the cute little bubblegum planet you can see from instead would vanish into the darkness, if the ship was there it to would likely be sucked into the darkness if it doesn't escape. It is a bit weird though that the ship was using the lanes between that had only recently been unlocked by Eraqus. One has to wonder if the ship actually came from the world of deep space, or if it came from an alien planet in another world (like say I dunno a Mars needs Moms world) and merely traveled the corridors arriving in the outer space of deep space....wow that is a stupid sentence. >.>
Pink bubblegum planet? you are referring to Turo, home of the Turo prison block where Jumba Jookiba was imprisoned. That planet is connected to the ship via teleporter, so if anything can fall to darkness, it is Turo.

Maverick-flame

Website
fission-firaga.tumblr.com
I'd say that it is, but "Deep Space" comes from the L&S universe, and isn't talking about the "Deep Space" of the KH universe. Deep Space is part of the L&S world, whatever its name may be. Just as Hook's ship is part of the Peter Pan world, and Neverland is just a part of that world as well. Now, as for Monstro....I'm not so sure as to how he falls, seeing as he's just floating through space and isn't located in the Pinocchio universe (which is Prankster's Paradise).

TLDR: Deep Space is apart of the L&S world, meaning it is a world (a part of a world is still a world). Perhaps it's better to call the L&S world a galaxy, and the sum off all the worlds/galaxies in the KH series the KH Universe.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The prison area is on Planet Turo, so it kinda counts.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
As mentioned above, I would also rate it similarly to Hook's ship. It's part of a world, but not all of it.

Soren

Awards
Surprisingly, I've yet to finish this game. (Sad, I know.)

Based on what you say here, and based on my own limited knowledge of this area (I've only ever seen it on Everglow's playlists), I think that what some others have said about this is correct. Namely, it's not a "true world." Captain Hook's ship is indeed a good comparison for this, since it and Monstro are the only other instances thus far of such a phenomena as this. (Or, at the very least, they are the only ones I know of as of this post.) So yeah, I'd say it's not a real world, or even a piece of one. It's essentially just a giant Gummi Ship that you happen to be able to fight in.

Soldier

Awards
Surprisingly, I've yet to finish this game. (Sad, I know.)

Based on what you say here, and based on my own limited knowledge of this area (I've only ever seen it on Everglow's playlists), I think that what some others have said about this is correct. Namely, it's not a "true world." Captain Hook's ship is indeed a good comparison for this, since it and Monstro are the only other instances thus far of such a phenomena as this. (Or, at the very least, they are the only ones I know of as of this post.) So yeah, I'd say it's not a real world, or even a piece of one. It's essentially just a giant Gummi Ship that you happen to be able to fight in.
You are right about it being a giant gummi ship, that's a good way to sum it up. But while I was thinking about it again, I remembered that the ship has an engine room that is attacked by the unversed during ven's campaign. I guess if you want to get "technical" (bad joke there) the machinery bay can count as the ship's heart. And surprisingly enough, there is evidence pointing towards this.
1: During Ven's visit to deep space, one of the employees (likely Jennifer Hale) says "The engine's are under too much stress! we're risking an explosion!" While this isn't the same consequence of a world falling to darkness like KH 1, it effectively removes the world from the lanes between.
2: The unversed in question does seem to have a obsession with the engine core, almost to the point of being borderline vampiric to it, Similar to the heartless and their lust for more hearts.

Just something I noticed.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I can not consider Deep Space itself to qualify as a world in the least. It is a place you visit but not a world. Deep Space is just a ship, much like Captain Hook's ship in the first game. The difference here being that Hook's Ship counted as three/fourths the playable area of Neverland where as Deep Space has no area that lends to it being justified as a world.

Soldier

Awards
I can not consider Deep Space itself to qualify as a world in the least. It is a place you visit but not a world. Deep Space is just a ship, much like Captain Hook's ship in the first game. The difference here being that Hook's Ship counted as three/fourths the playable area of Neverland where as Deep Space has no area that lends to it being justified as a world.
Actually, there is technically the planet Turo, home of the prison area where Terra and Jumba were kept. This was accessed by a teleporter, and is clearly shown to be an actual landmass. But that's only 10% of the world, so it's still debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back