• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

do you get second thoughts on games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drive

Awards
I've recently broken the thick layer of dust on mp PS2 as I took the courtesy to go through all my old games and replay them - some of these haven't been touched since my memory card corrupted and I lost all my data.

I recently finished Spyro: a Hero's Tail, and I was amazed to find that I had a lot of issues with the mini-games - I never completed it. I now have and so, I moved onto another game, deciding to take up the original Kingdom Hearts. I used to find the game frustrating and hard-to-beat, but back then I was only in it for the story, not for progressing and levelling up.

so, I found now that I'm actually patient enough to beat the game, It's much easier for me - and I ask, has your opinion changed on a game once you played it twice? did you get stuck in a old game and left it, returned years later and finished it? did you go back and play your old console games and thought: is this a kids game, or not? is it too easy for me now?

I'm just wondering if anyone has felt the same as I now do of KH - I last played it about 3 years ago.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I have found a lot of times, even after not playing a game for a long time, I can still remember almost everything needed to beat it. But yes, if I struggled with a game when I was younger, I would often put it down for a while, and it would suddenly become easier when I was older

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i never beat kh until almost three years ago because it was too hard and i would have my sisters save over my file when they reached endgame.

bbs was coming out so i decided to play it and it was really enjoyable. the same for legend of dragoon i was too incompetent to play but a couple years before bbs i replayed it and won it in a few days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought Epic Mickey 2 was a fun game.
Then I replayed it for the second... third.... fourth.... fifth and sixth time to try and complete every quest in the game.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
The first time I played Final Fantasy XII, I thought it was very good.

The second time I played Final Fantasy XII, I thought it was the greatest game I'd ever played in my life.

The third time I played Final Fantasy XII, I thought it was very good.

My opinions have not changed since.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
thought kh2 was the best kh game when it came out
replayed kh2 a few years least
suddenly, kh1 is best kh game
this also happened with kh3d. kh3d is just sdasgsafsdf is good and like a lot, but i hate it because it's a broken mess.

also, sonic adventure 2
i remember it being perfect
but every time i try to play it i just hate my life a little bit more

on the more positive side of things, the first time i played tf2 i just didn't like it. but now it's up in my favorites.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Monsters,+Inc.+Scare+Island.jpg

This was THE shit when I was a little kid.
Now I replay it and it's like "omg your graphics are horrible and the screams are making me really uncomfortable"

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've had several games like that. Some I thought was better or okay and some I hated.
FF13 was one I quit because I hated it then tried again later and found it alright, though not great.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
played Twilight Princess on GCN and I hated it

then i played it on Wii and I actually hated it more.

Odium Crop

Banned
Dig Dug Digging Strike was my very first DS game. I thought that it was enjoyable when I first played and eventually beat it, but now I consider it to be too boring and slow, with lazy graphics and repetitive music. I definitely do not want to play it again.

Dark Drive

Awards
scare island oh god there's my childhood

FF XII would be a favorite game of mine if I wasn't so terrible at it
Dreadnought Leviathan. Got stuck there every time.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
When I first played Jack and Daxter I found it infuriatingly hard and it took me weeks to beat. After I beat it the first time I didn't want to look at for a while so I put it away and didn't play it again until years later. When I finally did play it again it suddenly got easier and I could beat it in about two days.

The first time I played KH2 I thought it was the shit. Afterwards I just thought it was just shit.

Odium Crop

Banned
The first time I played KH2 I thought it was the shit. Afterwards I just thought it was just shit.

I am somewhat surprised that so many people hate the sequel but love the original. I like the sequel a lot more story-wise, so what makes it so bad?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am somewhat surprised that so many people hate the sequel but love the original. I like the sequel a lot more story-wise, so what makes it so bad?
The general ease of the game, how irrelevant the Disney plots are to the main plot (though they seem to be working towards fixing that which is really good), Sora being inconsistent to what he was in the first game (One person told him the Organisation was bad and he proceeded to take down their whole gang, mocking them in the process; "You gonna cry?").

It was a very cringe-worthy game, to which a lot of fans were like "eehhhh, this is kinda not what we liked in the first one"

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I recall you asked this once before on another thread and you got responses from a few people (including myself) but I can't recall which one it was.

On top of everything Chaser said I found not only Sora but most of the OCs lackluster in some way, the story is silly and tries waaaaaaay too hard to be "2 deep 4 u", it brought in too many plot points at once while not explaining some of the old ones so by the time the game was coming to an end it made a mad dash to try and wrap everything up, and the new outfits for SRK were stupid.

Odium Crop

Banned
It was a very cringe-worthy game, to which a lot of fans were like "eehhhh, this is kinda not what we liked in the first one"

Well, I consider the sequel to have been a step forward in maturity. I do not think much of anything that they did in the Disney worlds, but Atlantica.... OH, WHY?!

I honestly do not think that the series had much to work with before the events of KHII.

Dark Drive

Awards
As I said to my friend in a Skype call about 20 minutes ago, Atlantica in KH2 was the series' High School Musical /facepalms

I don't really know what I saw in KH2 that made it a good game in my eyes - I can see why KH would be preferred over the sequel since it's more straight-forward and more childish and bright [maybe because they brought out the Disney in the levels more than in KH2, I found the story in the levels was set off-track]

I think how KH2 played was what made it enjoyable for me. Triangle-button responses and combos made the game easier to play for me, and I found that the storyline interested me more. While the original did do the same, I think I kinda was able to pick up the pieces more in the sequel.

NeoShock

Lets see...

I used to love Shadow The Hedgehog, and now I hate it, and Sonic in general.

I used to think Kingdom Hearts was very hard, but now it's easy.

Yoshi's Island's end boss was so scary I couldn't beat it, now I think it's awesome.

Sly Cooper was an unbeatable game to me, and I couldn't beat it until 4 years later.

Ratchet & Clank was a mess, and I could not beat it either. Then... 5 years later I bought the RYNO. Yaaaay RYNO :D.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yeah, I actually have come across that thought, more than once. Some of my favorite games don't have that challenge feeling to it, unless I go that extra mile for the stuff I didn't bother to get the first time.

If you playthrough a game more than once, usually it's too easy and ends up not nearly as fun. My other thoughts were that a few games can still be repetitive in gameplay, even after a few years of letting it sit on that shelf.

For example: I got lost occasionally in Eternal Sonata, ended up coming back to it a year later and manage to get through it with no problem.

Assassins Creed 2 or Persona 3: I can play that far more quickly than before because I remember where everything's at and can handle the side quests without frustrations; after my first playthroughs.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
When my brother first got Kingdom Hearts I was scarred of the Shadows at the start, and didn't play it until the next year. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back