• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Do you get teased?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I don't let a lot of people know about me being into anime so much.
Which is the reason I'm quite popular. :)
You're popular just because you keep your hobbies from most of the people?

I don't understand. >.< Or did I just get something wrong?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
well first of all, $109 dollars is a little much.... but we're not here to judge
1) why do people know you spent this much money in the first place?
2) ignore them, try to avoid them, hang out with people who dont make fun of you.
3) you could tone it down a little. ex: dont wear anime t-shirts, don't bring manga to school, only talk about anime/manga around your friends who actually enjoy it.

all in all, if youre going all out of being a manga activist, try to tone it down a little, and ignore the people that make fun of you

and i think what fus3 is trying to say is that he doesnt talk about anime around his "popular" friends, and talks about anime/manga around his "anime" friends.
or at least thats what i do

K

kingdomfighter5

i get teased all the time by my friends for being obsessed with disney, but they know that i dont care and when youdress up as mickey mouse for costume day and wear a mickey shirt every week you kinda get used to it

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
All the kids in my class keep picking on me because I like anime, manga,and spend all my money on japanese anime collectibles. Spending $109.00 on 5 japanese kingdom hearts 2 figures is not a waste of money! So I ask myself...do other people have the same situation? Thus this thread was born.

Right. It's a HUGE waste of money, especially since it's KH related.

Anyway, no. People actually like me. And at that, I go to a GHETTO TO TEH MAX!!1!!1 School.

Last edited:

Blue

home is where the heart is
and i think what fus3 is trying to say is that he doesnt talk about anime around his "popular" friends, and talks about anime/manga around his "anime" friends.
or at least thats what i do

I think what he means is he hides things about himself so people will like him.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. =3

I for myself have no problems letting people know of my hobbies.But that's a personal matter,I guess.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up for me. =3

I for myself have no problems letting people know of my hobbies.But that's a personal matter,I guess.
Well there are some things that people just can't tell others about, I know I do that a lot but I don't do hide it so people will like me I hide because they don't need to know that about me.

Fatal_Blade

&#12364;&#12435;&#12400;&#12387;&#12390;&#12397;
I get teased at times, but I don't let it bother me becasue I know the ones that are doing the teasing are insecure about themselves.

Q

Banned
^Does age really matter? If you have an interest in something, why should age limit you?

Because you have better use of your time than spending over $100 dollars on shit you won't care about later in your life? D: Also, she's 19. An adult. Those $100 spent on collectibles could've gone into a bank account for retirement. Or to a car. Or to a house. During the age when you're about to go off into the world, that amount of money shouldn't be blown on trivial things.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Ok, well maybe I didn't say that right.. What I mean is, I don't know of anyone who likes anime or manga here at all.

So there is nobody to talk to it about, and if I talked about it in front of my friends they would just say.. "What the hell are you talking about?"
And I don't hide it just to be popular, if I knew of anyone that liked anime/manga of course I would talk to them about it and be open with it.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I've never been teased for like anime. Besides the fact that I always had my fanart to show and they'd get side tracked and say how awesome it was. Not to mention even at my school with all the non anime fans, most people enjoyed anime and manga. Not to mention I was in the group of the artistsy freaks and we all liked the same stuff pretty much so yeah xD

I however did and still do get picked with because I'm 18 and only 5'2....yeah I know...but I do on the other hand get loads and loads of hugs from girls i don't even know and they always call me cute -__-'

Oddly enough because of that people who i didn't even know, knew me...it was kinda creepy...

NostalgiaX

Thank God I'm homeschooled. I feel like shoutin'. Whoo!

The last couple of months, I've been going to a normal school, though. My math teacher is always picking on me because I'm almost never there (because I'm not supposed to be there, but he doesn't know that.) One day he yelled at me, and I was so mad, I wanted to cut him. I'm still slightly upset that I didn't, but he didn't know anything about my situation, nor will he ever know. I hate him to much to even be in the same building he's in.

Another situation. These two girls in my group were "arguing" and by "arguing" I mean playing around while arguing. One of them told me to tell the other one something (forgot what), so I told her, and then the girl I delivered the message to asked a question about the message. I drew a blank and had no idea what was going on. It was almost as if my mind shut down to be at peace. She said I was slow, and that I shouldn't strain my mind anymore.

Another situation. Last day I was going to school. I found out that my sister or my brother was going to pick me up from school. My cousin's friend started shoving me, jelious that I didn't have to go anymore (I didn't have to go before then, but, again, no one knew, but me and my family.) My cousin wasn't around, but it didn't matter. They both know I hate this guy (they as in the guy and my cousin.) He shoved me and said "you wanna fight?" I was shocked, and paralyzed in fear. Fear of fighting? Hell no! Fear that my sister might see, and get ghetto on his ass! Even if it wasn't my sister, but rather my brother picking me up, he'd jump in and knock him out before anyone gets a chance to swing. Thank goodness my mom wasn't going to pick me up. Someone probably would have died if she saw. >_>

My mom... one of the worse things tha can happen to you... and live to tell the story... >.>

@OogieBoogie:
Offtopic: OMG! MINDFREAK! XD

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
All the kids in my class keep picking on me because I like anime, manga,and spend all my money on japanese anime collectibles. Spending $109.00 on 5 japanese kingdom hearts 2 figures is not a waste of money! So I ask myself...do other people have the same situation? Thus this thread was born.

Well it is a waste of money. Its okay to like anime and manga, but that's a lot of money to be spending on plastic. When I was 12 I bought a few toys, but my parents would tell me not to go over a $20.00 limit or something. You need to set some limits.

As for getting teased, no I don't. I hardly watch too much anime, but those who talk about it too loud and get all crazy out in the open, I guess it seems funny, I even crack a laugh even though I happen to read my sister's manga and watch a few anime myself. I guess you just have to watch what you do in public, if you don't like to get laughed at, don't do things that draw attention to yourself...

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
No, I dont get teased...Not to my face anyway and I dont think anyone would ever want to do that...lol

My school is very multi-cultural so the majority of the people who are have an asian background like Anime and KH etc.

Thats how its in my school anyway.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I just don't tell ppl anything. I am pretty social. But I mean, nobody cares about what you do or what shows you watch. so, try to avoid saying what you do unless if they ask. give short answers, don't say how much you have spent and all.

I don't get teased or made fun of. I infact, am social- and used to do all of those wrong things to be with the incrowd. But I've stopped, I still talk to those ppl who tease other ppl, just not as much. I still get invited to parties and what not. The only thing that I get teased at is b/c sometimes, I can be the biggest band geek.. and yeah. lol, my schedule is mostly packed involving band and choir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back