• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you import video games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicKeyblade007

I just got back from studying abroad in Japan and was able to buy 30 games (mostly exclusive to Japan) at great deals. It would have cost me a fortune to import them and after playing some of these games, I feel encouraged to import more Japan exclusive games in the future. Of course first I have to study more of the Japanese language (I'm currently in my second year of studying Japanese). For some reason, playing a game that will never see the light of day in my country makes it feel that much more special and exciting to play through despite the fact that I need to struggle through a language barrier XD. So have you ever imported any games from Japan or outside of your home regions? Besides the Kingdom Hearts Final Mixes though (I'm sure many people here including me have imported the final mixes ^^; )

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
A lot of Japan exclusives that I've wanted ended up being localized. Regardless, when I ever did consider importing a game, it was always too out of my budget. And the fact that I would have a hard time understanding what was going on deterred me from getting one.

nxtgarnett5

I have thought about it multiple times with the final mixes in kh. But it always seemed like such a process to convert my ps2 to play it. However I am considering importing the digimon adventure game for the psp that was released in Japan. It follows the exact story of the first season and that's one of my favorite seasons

Master Ultima

Awards
No but I've seen some walktroughs of some imported games though. Some games that aren't available in North America people emulate and import them so they can play them.

omnipresent

No I haven't. Expenses and my inability to read anything other than English and a tiny amount of German have inhibited me from doing so. I would totally import the KHII.5 Remix Collector's Edition they have coming out if I could understand Japanese. Hopefully SE decides to announce something similar to that bundle so that we have more of an option that just that pin :/

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nah, pretty much every game I want gets localized

...And I really don't have the money to buy imports.

...Or understand Japanese.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh believe me I have considered doing it a few times with the Final Mixes of course and recently with the fighting game J Stars Victory Vs. but the whole process has stopped me from doing it.

However I am considering importing the digimon adventure game for the psp that was released in Japan. It follows the exact story of the first season and that's one of my favorite seasons

Oh me too. I thought that one looked really good too.

SonicKeyblade007

Oh believe me I have considered doing it a few times with the Final Mixes of course and recently with the fighting game J Stars Victory Vs. but the whole process has stopped me from doing it.

I imported J-stars Victory Vs, it's a really fun game but I guess I can see why you guys don't want to import games, it is an expensive hobby. ^^; Btw, in regards to my first post, I'm not rich or anything, I was able to buy those games thanks to the scholarship money I received for studying abroad. XD

Quizler

Awards
I've imported a console before, the VitaTV. The only game on the vita I was interested in was Persona4 The Golden. It's the American game, but it was playable on the VitaTV. I was able to play P4G, but the Playstation Network is region-locked, so only japanese accounts are compatible. I don't recommend anyone else to import a VitaTV, wait for the renamed PlaystationTV to come out instead.

I know they have some totally sweet deals on older games over there in Japan, if I ever had the opportunity I would buy the original Rhythm Tengoku and Mother 3 on the Gameboy Advance, and Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2 and 3 for the PSP.
I was totally on the edge to buy a japanese 3DS just to play Project Mirai 2, but then it got confirmed for localization. Thanks Sega!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
There are a few games I've been wanting to import (and probably will eventually)

Clannad: I have a translated version for my PC, but I would love to grab those sweet Clannad trophies, simply because it is such a wonderful visual novel.

Tomoyo After: A spin off sequel to Clannad that follows the route of my favorite girl. Again, I have it for PC, but I love my hard copies and I love my trophies. Plus, the ps3 version of this is rare so it's a nice collector's item for fans.

Nier Replicant: this was the version of Nier that I really wanted in the states. Odds are, it's not happening. Ever. We got Nier Gestalt on both consoles (which was originally 360 only in Japan), while Replicant was supposed to be the PS3 version. While there aren't many differences between the two, I loved Nier enough to warrant a purchase of the other version.

Yakuza 5: I'm still really sore with Sega about this not being released. The yakuza series is one of my favorites, and yakuza 5 looked amazing. My shelf is just waiting for the import.

Yakuza HD Collection: I have the ps2 originals, and was ecstatic to hear about the hd collection. But like yakuza 5, Sega chose not to localize this. Well I will have it yet dammit.

Yakuza Kenzan: a Yakuza spin off that probably should have seen a release here. This seems to be one of the most popular yakuza games even though it's gameplay is less polished, and I feel like if the American fan base was given a choice, they'd probably choose this one over yakuza 5.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I imported JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle from Japan. I got really impatient waiting for the localized version, though now I luckily have both of the cover arts thanks to that.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Nope not even once. There are some games out there that I would love to have the Japanese copy of, but the my bank account doesn't have enough funds for that. :<

omnipresent

Nope not even once. There are some games out there that I would love to have the Japanese copy of, but the my bank account doesn't have enough funds for that. :<
AIN'T NO BANK ACCOUNT GOT FUNDS FOR THAT!
38119d1361041878-elhae-music-hop-bandwagon-ain-t-nobody-got-time-_33c81ccb2fbe4d23a3a4f5fab1c76fbe.jpeg

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
If only I could :( But most of the time, things are region locked, because devs and producers hate us.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
That's what stopped me from getting KH2 FM. I remember I looked up how to get it to play on my PS2 but I understood none of it. xD
Haha, same here! I'm no tech wizard! I even considered realigning my PS2's laser sight so it worked better again, and 5 years after the warranty has expired...I still can't bring myself to remove the sticker X'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back