• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

do you prefer kh3 kairi's desgin over kh2 kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxycian

Awards
i love kh3 kairi desgin altho i can't help but think she looks odd with light blue eyes cause she usually has purplish or violet eyes but what do you think? not gonna deny im digging her kh3 look

943897bacede4462333d749de1af65a3.jpg

Kairi.jpg

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
KH II Kairi was always my least favourite and quite honestly a design I really did not like at all. KH1 Kairi was my childhood crush, so seeing her like that in KH II dealt a huge blow (almost as big as her not contributing in any way) to my fondness of her.

KH III Kairi reignited a spark I considered long lost. I dig her in any aesthetic way and I've never found any problems with the "babyface" issue some fans pointed out.

Also Kairi always had blue eyes, it's just that for a couple of medals they took her from artworks happening in the sunset, hence the purple.

Foxycian

Awards
KH II Kairi was always my least favourite and quite honestly a design I really did not like at all. KH1 Kairi was my childhood crush, so seeing her like that in KH II dealt a huge blow (almost as big as her not contributing in any way) to my fondness of her.

KH III Kairi reignited a spark I considered long lost. I dig her in any aesthetic way and I've never found any problems with the "babyface" issue some fans pointed out.

Also Kairi always had blue eyes, it's just that for a couple of medals they took her from artworks happening in the sunset, hence the purple.

not true my friend not every picture of her in the sunset pretty much all her pictures show her with purple eyes and there's no such thing as blue eyes that look like this but that's not the main topic anyway cool you like her new desgin
hqdefault.jpg

oP3vNvxl0

comparison.png

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
she very clearly has always had blue eyes in game: bbs, kh1, kh2, kh3

anyway, i prefer kh3 kairi to kh2. I didn't mind KH2 kairi's look that much, but I feel like KH3's feels more unique. the only thing that bothers me about kh3 kairi is her bangs. it looks weird having them be like a separate thing from the rest of her hair. it looks fine in the cg cutscenes, but in-game it looks odd close up.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So, with "pretty much all her pictures" are you talking about 3-4 medals in Ux?

I'd rather go with every single shot of her in the games where she has blue eyes.

orig_ead2b2bfecc2ba3ebb798505468bc34c.png
Kairi_with_her_Keyblade_KHII-740x350.png
maxresdefault.jpg
latest

ImVentus

Awards
I like her KH2 style a bit more, even though none of the two impress me. The design on this outfit seems so cobbled together, after taking more time to look at it. And the black boots is such an odd choice. I'd say her promotional fashion outfit looks a lot more fitting, except for probably the coat. But the color palette is perfect for Kairi in that artwork and brings out her red hair, even though it's a lighter shade of pink. I think she would look great in a white shade.

If anything I think they should have simplified on her KH3 outfit, removing the white, pink & black on her skirt on the left. And just make the skirt a little longer as well.
She just looks so young in this outfit. While they managed to mature Sora through his outfit, they are doing the exact opposite with Kairi. And I just feel too much of what Xion would wear and not what Kairi would wear.

Foxycian

Awards

I'd rather go with every single shot of her in the games where she has blue eyes.

maxresdefault.jpg
latest

her look in the arts are different from the game just like how xemnas in the arts waaay darker then he is in the game
85724.jpg

latest

but don't really care if her eyes always blue or not just what desgin you like of her:) i really liking her kh3 desgin tho i miss the long hair

edit: i'll stop talking about the eyes now lets stay on the desgin overall please><

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

maxresdefault.jpg
latest
She does have blue eyes, however her eyes in the KH3 renders are too light. They should be darker like in those screenshots. Young Kairi's in that shot also has a hint of purple btw.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The reason her eyes are more blue than the blue with purple is the way they have decided to render eyes in KH3. The fact that they reflect light dynamically has probably attributed to the decision to make everybody’s eyes a more solid color rather than being able to take artistic liberties like in past games where eyes were just textures.

Awards
I don’t necessarily don’t like KH3 Kairi’s Design it’s just missing something that I can’t quite put my head around. It’s not because I think she looks younger (Most people do when they cut their hair) it’s just it’s missing something to her design that says Kairi. I think it might be her boots her previous two shoes where unique and where purple these just look like generic boots. That’s probably another thing the color purple. In KH1 outfit and slightly less in her KH2 attire she had some bit of purple to her design that’s the main color I use to associate Kairi with and here it just isn’t present. I do also have slight problems with the way her new hair works/looks now, it it used to be flat or straight now it looks odd the way it bends at the end.

Enturax

Awards
I never was a fan of KH1 outfits. Not only do they have weird shapes but also weird color schemes, Sora being the prime example (desperately copying Mickey was a bad choice). I especially hated the ankle (more like heel) shoes of Kairi, wearing flip flops would make me cringe less.

As for KH3 Kairi, she looks decent. Nomura using buttons instead of belts makes it his worse habit tho.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Couldn’t care less. Kairi is Kairi. She could be sporting a mohawk for all I give a hoot!

Foxycian

Awards
i loved her kh1 hairstyle but definitely not clothing but as of now kh3 really did Good job she looks pretty even tho i prefer long haired girls so i didn't like it at first seeing her with short hair but gotta admit i still loved it

Swing

Awards
I personally prefer her first KH design. Just like with Sora I find it a bit more unique. But if I only have to choose between the design of KH2 and KH3, I would say KH2. I'm not sure what it is, but her KH3 design doesn't work for me. Like Sora and Riku she feel a bit more generic.

Michael Mario

Boots are a tad plain, I have to agree with KeybladeKnightQ on it needing some purple, and the asymmetrical skirt ruffles aren't as aesthetically pleasing as Nomura was gunning for, but despite that, KH3 Kairi is perfect for a Kairi ready for battle. The shade of pink works better, the haircut is a nice callback to her more tomboyish KH1 design, and while there are a lot of buttons... it's really just trading one design fetish (the zippers) for another.

Also, it might just be me, but I think that Kairi still has hints of purple in her eyes in the form of their limbal rings; which is where the purple always came from in her previous renders and models to begin with.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I think Kairi in KH2 in her school uniform is going to be my favorite Kairi. Her uniform actually looked nearly identical to the one at my high school so I fliiiiipped out when I saw the color scheme.

Her look in KH3 isn't bad, but I am not a fan of the belt around her middle and I wish the skirt was a bit more flow-y. I am mourning the loss of her hair as well because I wanted her to grow it out more.

That being said, I am glad that she is still sporting the pink look because I got so irrationally upset at the people who were saying Kairi wasn't spunky in KH2 because she was too "girly" in wearing pink and wielding a flower keyblade. Like, wut? She can like pink all she wants and still be ready to kick butt, thanks! Hopefully people let that go now that she can get some actual training and not just be doing her best after being thrown into an element she was unfamiliar with.

(Still don't understand the people who think she didn't 'fight' enough in KH2. She didn't know how to fight so I think just leaping straight off a tall ledge and then charging at the evil while whipping a sword clumsily around was pretty tough of her.)

Kairi is my second favorite character still, so I have really high hopes for her. In terms of design, though...I agree with a comment before that there is something missing but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Dude! What the diddly! How dare you try to casualize attraction to a diddlying 15 year old, fictional or not! Pedophile! You should be ashamed!!!!!
Says the guy with the creeping Santas in his signature.

I personally loved Kairi's KH2 look, I just think the dress was iconic in its simplicity and the color of it never put me off the way it did others for some reason. I think it's my favorite overall look for her, although I did miss the purple from her KH1 days and wish they had retained that somehow.

I've come around to her KH3 look, though. I love her haircut (except, yeah, the bangs...) and the dress is sleek enough that it doesn't feel distracting. Still not in love with the asymmetrical touch and overall I think Nomura could have done better (there are stronger design concepts from fans still floating around the Internet) but he tried a thing and it's not awful. I guess it just doesn't really come together the way I'd like, it seems cut-and-pasted from different ideas he might have had or something, I don't know. That said, I do think it would look really nice to play as her in this outfit for some reason: it's eye-catching in a way that makes me think it'll be fun to watch her run around and smack things with the Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back