• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Do you prefer the Old Organization XIII to the new one?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
I know that the old Organization XIII and the new Organization XIII aren't functionally that differently from each other but I still prefer the old Organization. I really like the old Org. XIII as they reminded me old a simpler time Kingdom Hearts wasn't so bloated and it felt so open ended. I also like how that they essentially a dysfunctional family that tolerate each at best. Up until the reveal that they grown their own hearts, I always assumed that they would become somebodies after they reunite with their hearts. I will admit that they sort of reminded me of the Akatsuki and the Espada prior to their respective endgame villains but that is story for another time. With that said however, do you guys like the old Organization XIII?

palizinhas

Awards
I think as a group the old Org had more time to interact and there were more interesting dynamics like Axel & Saix or seasalt trio, but individually I like the New Org more. Outside of Luxord and Terranort every character in it is fun to watch, while the original had more characters who I never cared for (Luxord, Xaldin, Lexaeus) and characters I like more now than during the games the old Org was relevant (Marluxia, Vexen, Zexion).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ Pretty much the above. The old one had more dynamics at play (I mean, the few times we actually got to see the characters all interacting with one another that is), but the new one is better in that there aren't any filler / dud members included, imo.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I prefer the original Organization, though they have a advantage of being in more then one game. That being said they were not a perfect villain group. As stated by @palizinhas there were a lot of filler Organization members in the old group. Members like Lexaeus, Larxene, Zexion, and Luxord served no unique role in the group that made them invaluable. They really didn't earn that name Organization 'XIII' when in all their major games they are split. They were mainly Organization VIII for the longest of times, and most of the time they are only relying on their Keybladers to do any of the work for Kingdom Hearts.

In the new Organization pretty much every character was important or will be important in future titles, and had a job to do for the Seekers, so none of them were filler. But they were also not a real group. They were just 13 characters isolated in their own stories and only the ones who know each other from the old Organization were allowed to interact. The 13 Seekers of Darkness never even held one group meeting with everyone present to interact and play off each other.

The original Organization mostly had their own thing going on but they did interact even if it was small or just passing comments. Xigbar, Demyx, Xaldin, and Luxord had no story involvement in the RAX stuff, but they still commented on it throughout Days especially towards the end. And in KH2FM we see more of the meetings and characters interacting and chatting about the Sora/Roxas/Axel situation from time to time. They did at least feel like a group. Plus there was more backstabbing and behind the scenes politics going on with the original, helped of course that they had more then just one game to be in.

And between the two Organizations, the first ones goal was to obtain Kingdom Hearts to get their hearts, and mostly everyone was on board with it. The 13 Seekers of Darkness all wanted like different stuff, and are not united. I don't even think Xehanort knows all his vessels names.

Long story short, both groups have their positives and negatives. But the original had more going for it for me to say they were the one I prefer.

Soldier

Awards
I kind of prefer the original Organization honestly, if only for variety.
As @SweetYetSalty mentioned, a lot of the members don't have distinct roles, but I'd disagree. Some of their epitaphs hint at their roles somewhat (Lexaeus is the stalwart hero/tactiturn, so he's likely going to be muscle, Zexion is the cloaked schemer, which hints that he's great at behind the scenes actions). They also use varied weaponry that we don't really get a backstory for, but are great for the differences in fighting style. Compare this to the New Organization, where nearly half the members use Keyblades (often the same one at that, in the case of Master Xehanort and Terranort) which while providing a varied fighting style, isn't as exciting as clashing with an icy shield or an axe-sword.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The original, for sure. Too many of the new Organization members are just Xehanort. Yes, I know they're ALL Xehanort -- but there's just not much variety in personality with Xemnas, Ansem, Terranort, Master Xehanort, and Young Xehanort taking up space.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
sometimes I feel like some questions are easily answered if you followed socmed tags, be it instagram , tumblr, or art sites like Pixiv or Deviantart that it's already so clear people prefer the old org, be it japan fandom or western one. Just like if you had poll about ..... anything in the franchise, really, KH2 will ALWAYS come on top. It doesn't feel like open discussion, not for me.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd honestly be surprised if anyone said they prefer the new one, considering it barely felt like they were a proper group or organisation. The old one had many things going for it one is time, we had over 10 years with them, even if most of them were more or less filler characters, they all were based off of archetypes and with Days we got more of an idea of the dynamics and politics of the group.

The new one's not bad per say just they have less variety and presence in the two games they showed up on. Plus it was half Xehanort, half old Organisation, so it didn't really feel like it had a personality of its own.

Back