• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you really Hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Keyword: Mad. Being mad at them isn't hating them.

Well, I am just using the word 'mad' as a replacement for 'hate', because my emotions are really mixed when it comes to them. It's mixed between 'love' and 'hate'. I mean, I tried helping my mom get shelter, but she just went back to her abuser, her boyfriend. Heck, they were the ones that hacked into my account and my yahoo and changed everything. Sure, I am no saint either. But, why did she put my half-sister and me through that? Why couldn't my father just spend time with me without dumping me on someone else due to his excessive work schedule? If you can't even spend time with your kids. What's the point of having them?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I believe hate is incredibly overused and that it has been watered down but I do indeed believe that true hate can in someone's heart or what have you. There are people out there who in fact DO hate their parents and would take joy in ending them or seeing them fail miserably at life or anything else to that extreme. But these are extremes.

Personally I believe that there are levels of hate. There can be extreme raw hatred where you'd be likely to murder or person or even resent their existence and there is the subtle hatred of just not enjoying the presence of someone. It's similar to love in a sense, there are levels of love, (imo) like you love your family, or your significant other, or the stranger who needed help with their groceries or a homeless man who just needed a bite to eat, sure its not romantic or what have you but its an act of kindness that you did for their benefit instead of your own. It kind of depends on your definition of love or hate or any emotion. I know people may not agree with my opinion, I've been told many times before, but that's how I see it.

Belittling someone is an act of hatred, stealing from someone is an act of hatred, killing someone etc etc. "Hating" veggies? Well I doubt you would go on a personal vendetta against vegetables unless they've been through a heinous experience regarding them but then you'd have to think do they hate veggies or do they really hate the fact that they were put through that experience and just direct that hatred towards an object, in this case veggies. Idk its all really complicated. Personally I believe you can not want someone to die but you can still very much hate them by wishing misfortune or just not caring what happens to them. I'm not really sure I'm articulating myself right here. Oh well.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I believe hate is incredibly overused and that it has been watered down but I do indeed believe that true hate can in someone's heart or what have you. There are people out there who in fact DO hate their parents and would take joy in ending them or seeing them fail miserably at life or anything else to that extreme. But these are extremes.

Personally I believe that there are levels of hate. There can be extreme raw hatred where you'd be likely to murder or person or even resent their existence and there is the subtle hatred of just not enjoying the presence of someone. It's similar to love in a sense, there are levels of love, (imo) like you love your family, or your significant other, or the stranger who needed help with their groceries or a homeless man who just needed a bite to eat, sure its not romantic or what have you but its an act of kindness that you did for their benefit instead of your own. It kind of depends on your definition of love or hate or any emotion. I know people may not agree with my opinion, I've been told many times before, but that's how I see it.

Belittling someone is an act of hatred, stealing from someone is an act of hatred, killing someone etc etc. "Hating" veggies? Well I doubt you would go on a personal vendetta against vegetables unless they've been through a heinous experience regarding them but then you'd have to think do they hate veggies or do they really hate the fact that they were put through that experience and just direct that hatred towards an object, in this case veggies. Idk its all really complicated. Personally I believe you can not want someone to die but you can still very much hate them by wishing misfortune or just not caring what happens to them. I'm not really sure I'm articulating myself right here. Oh well.

Yeah, a love/hate relationship is really complex. I do hate somebody, but I'm scared of him. I hate my mom's actions and what she put us through. Of course, she herself was abused and I've told a lot of the stories she told me growing up, which she told us as lessons like being abandoned at an old, ugly house that had faulty plumbing by herself and her dog by her parents and etc.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Hate is definitely a strong word, whether your kids use it or not. The problem is, it's been watered down to simply anything we don't like, including things or people that have never done us any direct harm.

So basically, like anything else, I don't take it too seriously when I see the word used on the internet.

As for whether or not I hate my parents, I don't. My relationship with my Dad is complicated and downright infuriating, and I'd be remiss to say I haven't had angry thoughts. but I don't hate him; I just don't really believe in some of his more prominent ideals.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Hate is definitely a strong word, whether your kids use it or not. The problem is, it's been watered down to simply anything we don't like, including things or people that have never done us any direct harm.

So basically, like anything else, I don't take it too seriously when I see the word used on the internet.

As for whether or not I hate my parents, I don't. My relationship with my Dad is complicated and downright infuriating, and I'd be remiss to say I haven't had angry thoughts. but I don't hate him; I just don't really believe in some of his more prominent ideals.

What about the other words associated with 'hate' like 'abhor'? My mom would pound it into us to discriminate between 'hate' and 'dislike'. She would say that if a child said, 'I hate you!' to their parents than something bad might happen to said child or said parent(s). She also said the same thing towards people that said, 'God damned America' or something like that. Excuse my language, I was just trying to get a point across.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm of the opinion that words are just words. Taking offense in something is merely a byproduct of your lifestyle or your persona. I'm hurt by words just as easily as the next person. Even as a teenager tho, I NEVER told my parents "I hate you." I was brought up being told that to harm in any way is disrespect, and you should never disrespect those around you.

Only YOU can make yourself be the better person. I've had vengeful thoughts and done things I despise, but all this just boils down to words. WORDS are what make humans such amazing creatures; the ability to project feelings and thoughts in the form of language. Language is beautiful! It makes us who we are! Humans have great capacity for pain, invention, innovation, comprehension, observation! We may be detrimental to this earth, but we have all of these special things that only WE can do! Dolphins and other animals have broken dialects and may one day progress to language, but until the day when we aren't the only ones speaking and creating the written word, we need to stop worrying about about these words. We created them, but remember: words are simply placeholders for an object.

Flower, flor, fleur, blume, hana. They all mean that "pretty thing with the petals." When you say "hate" you can mean anything. I could point to this "flower" and say the word "hate" to a child, and if I do it enough the flower and hate will become the same in the child's mind through observation. When I say, "ooh! I hate that guy!" by my tone of voice the implication is understood. Remember; "hate" is just a word! Actions define us as individuals. We make the world of our choosing by what we percieve. NO ONE HERE IS WRONG. Things just simply are the way we we interpret them becuse we have the power to do so.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
What about the other words associated with 'hate' like 'abhor'? My mom would pound it into us to discriminate between 'hate' and 'dislike'. She would say that if a child said, 'I hate you!' to their parents than something bad might happen to said child or said parent(s). She also said the same thing towards people that said, 'God damned America' or something like that. Excuse my language, I was just trying to get a point across.
Never really thought of that one. However, much due to Harry Potter, I would consider "loathe" to be stronger than "hate".

But much as you pointed out, like with religion, how serious these words are is largely a matter of viewpoint. In the end, they are just words, but they'll carry different meaning for different people, regardless of literal definition.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I do hate one thing is that is Wasps... if I could build a machine that would kill all wasps, all will be right in the world.

That's the only thing I would use as Hate and that is Wasps... >_>

I'm like a fucking magnet for those bastards..

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Never really thought of that one. However, much due to Harry Potter, I would consider "loathe" to be stronger than "hate".

But much as you pointed out, like with religion, how serious these words are is largely a matter of viewpoint. In the end, they are just words, but they'll carry different meaning for different people, regardless of literal definition.
Yep, but when it comes to 'hate' there are different synonyms for it just like 'love'. What does anybody think of the word 'like' or 'dislike'?

Axel2178

I can't put myself to hate somebody as I always try and be the better person. There are times when I dislike someone if they do something awful to me but to hate just seems a little too intense for me.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I can't put myself to hate somebody as I always try and be the better person. There are times when I dislike someone if they do something awful to me but to hate just seems a little too intense for me.
I've heard something Christians say and that is to turn the other cheek. I've also heard people say that revenge is a dish best served cold. But, the problem with revenge is that it turns and bites you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back