• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think any good guy in KH3 will die?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Terra? Ven? Sora? Kairi? Riku? Lea?

Does Square Enix have the balls to kill off a good guy?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
They killed off Riku Replica, but that was when Square actually had balls at the time. I pretty much doubt that they would kill off any mains or any characters at all except for villains. Hell, they probably peed their pants when we got to see Goofy get hit by a rock in KH2.

Samhain

Bronze Member
lmao @ the Goofy part. Yeah, you're right

Riku Replica was a useless douchebag anyway.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Nope. Not permanently, anyways. The closest they could come to that is leaving someone "dead" and bringing them back in the next saga.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
eraqus should bite it because he's a prick tbh

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Of course somebody is gonna die for good. This is Square Enix and Disney. They make their money off of killing beloved characters for good.

I still have a Tadashi-shaped hole in my heart from BH6 and a Zack shaped hole right next to it.

Dr_Mario64

lol "balls" like killing off main characters isn't the most basic thing that writers of series do.

Which is precisely why I got pissed at the Goofy fake-out. That was such a cheap shot... -_-

Nope. Not permanently, anyways. The closest they could come to that is leaving someone "dead" and bringing them back in the next saga.

*laughs uncontrollably*
​Thanks to recompletion, NO ONE is really "dead" dead. As long as their Heartless and Nobody can still be killed, anyway... The bigger concern for most characters now is more or less having their complete form waltz around in limbo.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Which is precisely why I got pissed at the Goofy fake-out. That was such a cheap shot... -_-
did you really expect them to kill goofy dude? i was, like, 7 and i knew he wouldn't die. lol
Thanks to recompletion, NO ONE is really "dead" dead. As long as their Heartless and Nobody can still be killed, anyway... The bigger concern for most characters now is more or less having their complete form waltz around in limbo.
yes actually. when your heart is in kingdom hearts, that is basically a true death. the closest thing anyway. that's why roxas wanted to unlock kingdom hearts, to bring back xion. but we'll find out once and for all when III releases :)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The Disney worlds and their magic actually have a world concept of death like in the Pirates of the Caribbean world.

Kaijuguy19

This does raise a question I've been thinking about lately and it's about the BBS trio. KH3 says that the cast namely Riku and Mickey will go and find the past keyblade wielders which is like Aqua and Ven but the thought that's going on my mind is what if they did attempt to help them out but in the end weren't able to and Aqua and Ven, even Terra can get into worst fates then they already are like they'll die this time around? It sounds unlikely I know since Aqua and Ven at least have large roles to play in KH3 not to mention Nomura is aware that a lot of people like Aqua but still you may never know.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This does raise a question I've been thinking about lately and it's about the BBS trio. KH3 says that the cast namely Riku and Mickey will go and find the past keyblade wielders which is like Aqua and Ven but the thought that's going on my mind is what if they did attempt to help them out but in the end weren't able to and Aqua and Ven, even Terra can get into worst fates then they already are like they'll die this time around? It sounds unlikely I know since Aqua and Ven at least have large roles to play in KH3 not to mention Nomura is aware that a lot of people like Aqua but still you may never know.

Well, as far as we are aware Aqua isn't in any mortal danger in the RoD right now, and because of Kairi we know Ven can be saved. It would take things escalating to some extreme heights for Aqua and Ven to be in a situation where they'd die/be close to dying, but I doubt it'd happen when they are first saved from their respective problems.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The Disney worlds and their magic actually have a world concept of death like in the Pirates of the Caribbean world.
every world has it's own rules of course, but they follow the same outline of hearts and souls and bodies in the kh-verse. i do wonder how the nightmare before christmas fits in this equation however, as it seems extremely odd with ghosts and oogie boogie and such.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Considering how many of them we thought were gone but are coming back, I would be surprised if it's anyone from a trio.

Michael Mario

I imagine a lot of the villains are getting the axe in III, but I don't see them knocking off heroes. Most of them are currently either suffering fates worse than death already, so there isn't much of a point in killing them.

Awards
Let's see...

It's unlikely, but more likely than the others, I think. Terra said he was willing to pay any price to set things right, and it's been over a decade with him unable to do anything. When the time comes for him and Eraqus to finally get the chance, a heroic sacrifice of some sort would make sense. Plus, it would make the "That was the last night we ever spent under the same stars.

Not a chance. He's innocent and was fully ready to throw away his life for the sake of not making the keyblade, and he's been sleeping peacefully ever since his heart was broken. His story shouldn't be ended by death, not even for a sacrifice, unless all three of them are going down together for some reason.

He's going to go on being the main character so he's going to survive 3.

The Princesses of Heart form the source of all the light in the world. It would probably be very, very bad if one of them died. So, no.

Maybe? They built him up with a full arc and he's willing to go to any length to protect Kairi and Sora, but I don't think they'll kill their only fully developed character.

Like he said in BBS, he's immortal. His popularity will bring him back from anything.

Does Square Enix have the balls to kill off a good guy?
They don't need them, necessarily. Sometimes death is just a really cheap way to create a false sense of tension or motivate a character. There are other good methods they could use to up the stakes and set up some drama.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I doubt it. Terra's the most likely bet. Is Eraqus already dead--going off Terra/Xehanort's conversation in the secret ending of BbS? (Asking before I say he is, and then somebody comments on it.) If not, I'd guess Eraqus could die.

As for the rest, I'd guess very unlikely. Lea seems like the type to go out in a blaze of glory, but he's inexplicably a fan favorite so they won't kill him.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I doubt it. Terra's the most likely bet. Is Eraqus already dead--going off Terra/Xehanort's conversation in the secret ending of BbS? (Asking before I say he is, and then somebody comments on it.) If not, I'd guess Eraqus could die.

As for the rest, I'd guess very unlikely. Lea seems like the type to go out in a blaze of glory, but he's inexplicably a fan favorite so they won't kill him.
Terra/Xehanort's conversation implied that Eraqus is not dead, that his heart entered Terra's. Which technically could lead to him being revived KH3/post-KH3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Lea seems like the type to go out in a blaze of glory, but he's inexplicably a fan favorite so they won't kill him.
lol he did. in kh2. but he was far too popular so they brought him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back