• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think any good guy in KH3 will die?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobizzle

If a heroic character was going to get killed off, to me the most likely would be Terra since he's already the tragic hero, and sacrificing his heart within MX in order to destroy MX once and for all is something that I could see happening, though it's probably doubtful.

its also possible that maybe Eraqus destroys himself along with MX so that he can save his children(TAV) and also redeem himself for nearly killing Ven and being willing to kill Terra.

shady543

Awards
I can't see any of the characters dying tbh. The KH games have actually been quite depressing with BBS and Days, and the fact that a lot of the heroes are currently really suffering makes the chances of death even less likely since a lot of them deserve a happy ending. If any of the characters are going to die it will be the villains.

Although out of all the heroes, the one most likely to die will probably be Terra because of reasons already stated. I honestly think Riku dying would be pretty interesting though.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Either Jesus death with the resurrection which I find highly likely or Terra might die permanently by resisting Xehanort.

Kaijuguy19

I can't see any of the characters dying tbh. The KH games have actually been quite depressing with BBS and Days, and the fact that a lot of the heroes are currently really suffering makes the chances of death even less likely since a lot of them deserve a happy ending. If any of the characters are going to die it will be the villains.

Although out of all the heroes, the one most likely to die will probably be Terra because of reasons already stated. I honestly think Riku dying would be pretty interesting though.

That's a fair point. A lot of the heroes are already in situations that are just downright tragic and horrible as it is so killing any of them off at this point would be overkill if not mean spirited. Sometimes you don't need death in order to bring something tragic and games like BBS and Days perfectly showcases this.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Eraqus is at the top of my death list for good guys. If Xehanort ends up being the example of someone who dies without leaving any lasting legacy, then I'd like Eraqus to be the opposite, positive example, his legacy being TAV. Also, while I'd rather Riku live to see the end, I'm really hoping to see him get wrecked terribly, if only because I know he can take it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I am honestly really hoping that there is a Yen Sid vs Xehanort showdown at one point and Yen Sid is killed off for good, giving a good "what the fuck are we going to do now" moment for the cast.

WastedPenguin

Awards
I remember reading an interview with Tai Yasue where he stated that maybe not all Characters make it past the end of KH3.
Who it could be is obviously Xehanort and maybe Terra. But till now we just know too little about KH3 to speculate about that.

Awards
I am honestly really hoping that there is a Yen Sid vs Xehanort showdown at one point and Yen Sid is killed off for good, giving a good "what the diddly are we going to do now" moment for the cast.

I think that would actually be awesome, but maybe a little too "Dumbledore vs Voldemort" for me for the purposes of KH.

I think Terra dying would be appropriate, and maybe even expected to an extent. But the thing about this is KH has a history of not wanting to kill it's characters completely, so I'd say the chances of someone actually dying are pretty slim at this point. It's already been established that Maleficent can just "bring people back" (Oogie Boogie, maybe Ursula, even herself arguably). If Maleficent can do it, I'm sure Xehanort can do it too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let me say this now, if Riku died I'd probably cry and give up Kingdom Hearts forever. That said, I doubt he'll die. Riku does have the most development out of all of the characters, so I think it is much more likely that we will get some kind of emotional fake-out death scene with him that will be really gut wrenching.

Honestly, I'm 100% expecting some kind of Persona 4 moment where they all are defeated/look dead and Sora is the only one left and...I feel like I've said this in another thread before.

Anyways, like many others I think Eraqus is likely to die for good at some point in the game. In terms of the narrative, he doesn't have anywhere to fit besides being TAV motivation fodder. Generally when we see parents killed in media, their death sort of represents the death of childhood innocence and the fact that there is no going back to the way things were before. (Also I think Nomura is setting things up where we'll be seeing a whole lot of Young Eraqus)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Let me say this now, if Riku died I'd probably cry and give up Kingdom Hearts forever. That said, I doubt he'll die. Riku does have the most development out of all of the characters, so I think it is much more likely that we will get some kind of emotional fake-out death scene with him that will be really gut wrenching.

Honestly, I'm 100% expecting some kind of Persona 4 moment where they all are defeated/look dead and Sora is the only one left and...I feel like I've said this in another thread before.

Anyways, like many others I think Eraqus is likely to die for good at some point in the game. In terms of the narrative, he doesn't have anywhere to fit besides being TAV motivation fodder. Generally when we see parents killed in media, their death sort of represents the death of childhood innocence and the fact that there is no going back to the way things were before. (Also I think Nomura is setting things up where we'll be seeing a whole lot of Young Eraqus)
Of course if Yen Sid died~~~

then Eraqus could fill his role post-KH3

(also, yeah. if riku died and stayed dead i would stop following the series.)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
If Riku died, I'd just follow the series to wait if he gets back again. If not, I'm never forgiving Square. xD

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It'd be nice if Square could have the balls to off someone a la Aerith in FFVII, but who knows. Having a heroic sacrifice could work too, I can see Terra filling that role for sure. Definitely add to the tension which is definitely needed for a numbered title and how epic everything will be/has gotten

hlc1988

Awards

Ditto. If Riku died I'd probably get over it in about 50 years.

I'm still not over the Tenth Doctor's regeneration in Doctor Who so who knows what would happen if they did kill of my favourite KH character!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm still not over the Tenth Doctor's regeneration in Doctor Who so who knows what would happen if they did kill of my favourite KH character!

I'm reminded again.... ;~; *cries a river*

Sage-Oracle V

It'd be nice if Square could have the balls to off someone a la Aerith in FFVII, but who knows. Having a heroic sacrifice could work too, I can see Terra filling that role for sure. Definitely add to the tension which is definitely needed for a numbered title and how epic everything will be/has gotten
That springs to mind how shocking it would be if Nomura really had the guts to kill off Kairi, and I know a lot of people (myself included) certainly wouldn't mind, particularly considering how intense it would make the situation, similarly to the climax of BBS. Of course, it would never happen, as Kairi is both a Princess of Heart and a Guardian of Light, meaning she is essential to Xehanort's plan no matter what and has more plot armor than Lea.

As for the heroic sacrifice, Terra would be incredibly cliche and dissatisfying. That's basically redemption equals death (asinine, cliche, etc.), except Terra is less in need of redemption than like, two thirds of the cast. If death had to come in the form of heroic sacrifice, it should probably be Eraqus. He caused more harm than anyone short of Xehanort and Aqua, and certainly needs to do something other than shield Terra's heart to make up for that.

Kaijuguy19

If Eraqus is the one to make the heroic sacrifice I do hope we'll get some build up for it like feauting scenes of him in the past and the present too if possible to make it have more impact.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Isn't Possible that Isa could be the one that will sacrifice himself once he's out of Xehanort's control?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That springs to mind how shocking it would be if Nomura really had the guts to kill off Kairi, and I know a lot of people (myself included) certainly wouldn't mind,.
I'd love all of them crying over her corpse. Buh-bye, you irrelevant. The icing on top would be no more shipping wars.

(I actually hated Aerith in VII, too, so it would be fitting.... lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back