• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DO you think BBS is the best KH game yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think BBS is the best KH title yet?

• Hell YES!!!

Votes: 75 52.1%
  • Not sure, yet....

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I love all the kh games!

Votes: 31 21.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YUPPP

:( I get so close and then he busts out of my freeze raid into the "throw w/e is around me into the air and kill it" stance and I facepalm.

When ever you see him start to power up for the attack use Sonic Shadow. You'll deal him a good amount of damage and not get a scratch on you.

BBS, in my opinion, is not only the best KH game, but one of the best games I've ever played PERIOD.

You haven't played a lot of games have you?

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
If you don't like it, then I suppose you probably should just wait for KH3 or 3ds for the next big thing, but I recommend you try to enjoy it.
I forgot what I'm dealing with here.

siegleeagle

You know I get really sick of this forum every so often because it seems a lot of the members want to bash other peoples opinions, complain, and act rude to other people. I'm sorry but I have disregarded most of the posts I read here for these reasons. PEOPLE ARE ALOUD TO HAVE OTHER OPINIONS! Now then there are those who say "you have said nothing to back up your opinions." Yes this does happen but when it comes to something that is supposed to entertain there is really no set fact. Some people enjoy really easy 1 button games, some like lots of platforming, some like the open rooms, some like really hard strategy things, but that doesn't mean one is correct over the other.

I'm not trying to target anyone but seriously think about it, do you have to get angry or smart just because someone thinks differently?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Its second in my opinion. KH1 still holds first place. It far surpasses KH2 and Days in my opinion however.

Tidus14

yes, I think, yes. it was everything that kh1 has, puzzling, minigames, etc.
only the disneyworlds can be a bit longer, but it is just a psp and 3 characters.

I like it. :D

Jakek9

I think it's the best one so far. I'm officially in love. :p

Just beat Terra's story. Woopie.

D

Dexter

I'm so tired of this. Worlds in Critical Mode are still thirty minutes, tops. Without being too careless I can still mash on X most of the time, and I can exploit commands and shotlock on bosses. Critical Mode is not hard.

BbS is a good game, but nowhere near as good as some of you make it out to be. My biggest tiff with it is the oh so wonderfully bland world design. You can tell there was some effort to bring some platforming back to the series, but man am I tired of walking into large, empty rooms where all I do in them is fight enemies and open treasure chests. They're everywhere. Personally, they're chiefly why at this point I find myself having to force myself to continue, something I shouldn't have to be doing.

KH1 was great because it had charm, something I can honestly say the other games lack. It's almost as if "nostalgia" is the go-to buzzword used to defend BbS' shortcomings.

Nowhere near as good as we make it out to be? Shouldn't that be for us to decide? If you don't think so fine, but you shouldn't make it sound as if our opinion is incorrect, and your's is.

Regardless I don't understand why you were expecting these vast, open worlds, that were highly detailed and what not. Last I checked this game was 1st in development in 2006, and the psp still has alot of limitations as to what it can do.

It seems as if you were expecting kh3, out of side story :/

Enjoy it for what it is, which is one of the best combat systems in kh history. :)

Xammag

I forgot what I'm dealing with here.

Well, you're options are to play the game, not play the game and play a game you enjoy, or play a game you enjoy while waiting for another game. If you feel strongly that this game is not good compared to a previous game of your choice, then I'd assume you would play that game instead. Unless you're just making unnecessary conflict.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Nowhere near as good as we make it out to be? Shouldn't that be for us to decide? If you don't think so fine, but you shouldn't make it sound as if our opinion is incorrect, and your's is.
If you feel strongly that this game is not good compared to a previous game of your choice,
I think you both missed the part where the thread basically asks if I feel if this is the best installment in the series so far. Christ Dexter, you made the thread.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I'm not getting BBS for a while, but from what I've seen, it looks great, but not as good as KH1. So I would say second best.
It looks like it made up for the crap we got that's known as KH2 and Days.

D

Dexter

I think you both missed the part where the thread basically asks if I feel if this is the best installment in the series so far. Christ Dexter, you made the thread.

You misunderstood me. His post made it sound as if his opinion is correct, because he COULDN'T SEE how we thought so, and so...I'm fine with people having opinions. I'm not fine with people thinking there opinion is the alpha dog.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I was essentially saying "I'm just not seeing this in the same light as others do. Here's why." I'm being abrasive, I'm not belittling your opinion.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I'm not getting BBS for a while, but from what I've seen, it looks great, but not as good as KH1. So I would say second best.
It looks like it made up for the crap we got that's known as KH2 and Days.

actually, Birth by sleep is by far the worst game in the series. I prefer kh2 and days over BBS.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
actually, Birth by sleep is by far the worst game in the series. I prefer kh2 and days over BBS.

I know everyone has their own opinion, but damn.....

I'm gonna clarify this once and for all. Birth By Sleep's story is just as important as those of KH1, KH2, and (eventually) KH3. It's gameplay is (arguably) the best in the series, so that is on a pretty big level too. However, I think Dexter's point is that BBS is not quite on the same technical level of what KH3 will be like or even what KH2 and 1 were on. BBS is a main game with a delivery that screams "side story". It's a great PSP title, but what if they'd released this same title on the PS3, or even the PS2? The standards would have been higher, thus it wouldn't have received quite as much praise.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
basically ever since final fantasy and disney took a backseat to shitty convoluted plot devices (aka every game sans kh1), this series has had very little going for it. i was hoping bbs would remedy this problem, but i'm afraid it hasn't.

zack the only ff cameo? bullshit. 30 minute disney worlds? what. i mean sure this game was a perfect opportunity to develop ff's radiant garden gang, but no instead we get some silly scenes of axel and sa'i'x and their 'old' selves.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
actually, Birth by sleep is by far the worst game in the series.

I hope you're joking, lad.

And no, I wouldn't say its the best. It is an amazing addition to the series though. Redemption is nice, eh Nomura?

basically ever since final fantasy and disney took a backseat to shitty convoluted plot devices (aka every game sans kh1), this series has had very little going for it. i was hoping bbs would remedy this problem, but i'm afraid it hasn't.

zack the only ff cameo? bullshit. 30 minute disney worlds? what. i mean sure this game was a perfect opportunity to develop ff's radiant garden gang, but no instead we get some silly scenes of axel and sa'i'x and their 'old' selves.

Not sure what you were expecting then. Nomura said from the beginning that BBS would focus on the original characters story rather than adding random final fantasy characters for fan service. As for the worlds, I agree. But this IS a PSP game. We can't spend an hour in each world when there isn't enough space for that.

Seeing the radiant garden gang would've been as pointless as seeing Lea and Isa, sooo....

Last edited:

Xammag

Well, when you make a thread asking is it the best game of the series it means "Is this game better than all the rest?". People have their opinions of what the best game is, it turns it into "Tell us why your game is the best and BBS is not".

Like the guy who said BBS is the worst in the series has a very strong opinion that has no doubt been reinforced by his love for Days+others' hate for Days. So, to turn against the tide, he reverses the opinion and turns it into "The game you think is best is the worst, and the game you think is worst is the best."

I don't think threads like these have a high chance of anything but conflict because you are either going to get someone who doesn't like the game, kind've likes the game, and someone who loves the game. Now, a question like "Why do you like BBS?" or "What are some traits BBS has you find attractive?" might have a better chance of more optimistic and open discussion.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
just to clarify, I was only kidding, I like every kingdom hearts game to date equally, believe me, if I could make love to them all I would. I just don't understand why people hate on days, which is a subject for a different thread, not going to get into it here,I guess what I'm trying to say is, no BBS isn't the best kingdom hearts out right now,because they are all equally good. Like I said before, the Pros FAR outweigh the cons of any KH game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back