• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Sora's father will be in it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Probably not. The parents in KH are like the parents in Ed, Edd, n', Eddy, you know they exist but it's forbidden to show them because it might cause a rip in the fabric of reality.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really hope we meet Sors's mother and father in KH3. One of my disappointments with the series is that they don't focus on family that much. If we start on Destiny Island, it would be the perfect opportunity.

kmorris2609

They've done a good job of keeping parents out of any of the games so far. Even though Sora's mom has a line in KHI, I don't think either of his parents will have a role in later games and I don't see a need for them to be present. Mentioning them is enough for the plot.

Scorseselover

Who would play him though? I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark and say Robert De Niro

NeoshadowXC

I totally doubt it. The Kingdom Hearts series has a history of completely ignoring parents. The themes of this don't tie in with family at all-- only friendship.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why would they though?
Sora's Father is about as important as the sack of rice falling over in China, just like the rest of any imaginary parents.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not going to discount the possibility of him being in the game, but the bigger question is this: will he even play any role? Knowing KH, he most likely won't, and that's actually a reason enough not to have him appear.

Remember Sora's mother? She called Sora to come down for dinner and that was the last we heard of her. If Sora's father was only mentioned in a second-hand account by Riku in BbS (and that's assuming he was indeed speaking of Sora's father), he most likely won't be in the game at all.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
I don't see anything related to family in the series. If family were to be introduced after all these games, it would sound weird since Sora did not mention his family at all throughout the whole journey. I just can't imagine them being introduced as the characters...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't see anything related to family in the series. If family were to be introduced after all these games, it would sound weird since Sora did not mention his family at all throughout the whole journey. I just can't imagine them being introduced as the characters...
I think Sora mentioned his parents in CoM, but I can't remember.

Anyway, we will probably never see either parent. They seemed to have stopped existing. I would have liked to have seen them, too. They don't have to play a big role, but it would be nice to see what they've went through with the whole Sora going missing, forgetting about their son, remembering their son and probably losing it, Sora finally returning to Destiny Islands and just up and leaving again...
It's like Sora doesn't care about how his parent are doing. Unless...he forgot about them!
Curse you, Namineeeeeee!

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
If you mean the conversation on the 5th floor:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In the cutscene, Sora says I think the grown-ups knew the reason. Although in the GBA version, he does say I think our parents knew the reason. This isn't clear enough.

However, both the remake and the GBA versions of Japanese contain the same quote, unlike the English version.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In the Japanese cutscene, Sora says 大人たちは事情を知ってたと思う (I think the adults knew the reason). 大人たち means adults / grownups instead of parents (両親).

Though the word grownups may or may not mean his parents :p. I agree with you that Sora seems to have forgotten his parents. I STILL can't imagine seeing his parents, haha.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I'll at least like for them to get acknowledge more at some point.

Like sora's at destiny island and in a cutscene you hear him say "Bye mom"as he's exiting a house and you'll hear "Bye sora"you won't actually see them but you'll at least know sora just left his parents house or something.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It always baffles me when people wish to see more of Sora's parents when they have had such minuscule involvement in the games for 12 years. They aren't in the game because they choose not to show them because everything related to friendship trumps family in this series. Showing them is waste of time. Sora clearly doesn't think about them, and Riku doesn't think about his parents either.

I personally enjoy how they are indirectly referenced. Vague invisible non-person father, disembodied voice mom.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The parents could still have important roles. They could provide emotional support to SRK before they leave on their journey if KH3 starts out on Destiny Islands. Or if the heartless invade the islands, they could help fight them off alongside their kids.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The parents could still have important roles. They could provide emotional support to SRK before they leave on their journey if KH3 starts out on Destiny Islands. Or if the heartless invade the islands, they could help fight them off alongside their kids.

Again, why would they suddenly do this when they have been completely irrelevant? There is a very obvious reason why parents have never been shown in 7 games. They ARE unimportant. Why show them now at the end of the saga?

These kids are clearly independent. They don't need emotional support from their parents. Sora's always ran head first into a battle that could kill him, his first and last thought being about his friends. Not every story needs to have parents involved, and it is clear Nomura has other ideas for this series.

Do not forget that a slain Heartless by a person without a Keyblade will only reappear again in a different location. They'd be no help.

Also KH3 isn't going to start on Destiny Islands considering everybody is at the Mysterious Tower right now, and we know for a fact that KH3 will immediately lead in from KH3D.

I swear we have this discussion every 6 months or so and we never come to an agreement because you are insistent that parents can be important despite 12 years of plot showing us the opposite, and I am unrelenting in giving up what we know about Nomura and the story.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
^truuu

But also, like, why specifically Sora's Father? Like, at least Sora's mom has been heard. OP's got a weird Family Legacy theory I bet.

Awards
possiblefatherfigure.jpg

believe

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Again, why would they suddenly do this when they have been completely irrelevant? There is a very obvious reason why parents have never been shown in 7 games. They ARE unimportant. Why show them now at the end of the saga?
NPCs are also completely irrelevant.

These kids are clearly independent. They don't need emotional support from their parents. Sora's always ran head first into a battle that could kill him, his first and last thought being about his friends. Not every story needs to have parents involved, and it is clear Nomura has other ideas for this series.
We know.
While I don't know about others, for me I just want his parents to be acknowledge.
They don't have to be important, I don't want them to, but the longer they are not acknowledged, the more I believe that the Destiny Islandskills it's residents for nourishment and erases everyone's memory of the persons. *slightly joking*
But yeah, they are independent and the story is about friendship and not family, buuut that doesn't mean family cannot be shown.

I swear we have this discussion every 6 months or so and we never come to an agreement because you are insistent that parents can be important despite 12 years of plot showing us the opposite, and I am unrelenting in giving up what we know about Nomura and the story.
When Sora's invisible mom and boat dad are shown, we'll stop, but until that day happens, we shall continue to theorize that Sora's mom and dad are actually Xemnas and Ansem.

I believe I can flyyyyy. I believe I can touch the soraaa.
That sounded less creepy in my head. XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NPCs are also completely irrelevant.

Actually, no. They add a more realistic atmosphere to a game. They are a staple to video games that are about world building, which Kingdom Hearts is all about.

Parents in a series where they haven't ever appeared outside of indirect references (one of which was added into the English version and not in the Japanese one) and one voice? That is the definition of irrelevant.

We know.
While I don't know about others, for me I just want his parents to be acknowledge.
They don't have to be important, I don't want them to, but the longer they are not acknowledged, the more I believe that the Destiny Islandskills it's residents for nourishment and erases everyone's memory of the persons. *slightly joking*
But yeah, they are independent and the story is about friendship and not family, buuut that doesn't mean family cannot be shown.

I never said family shouldn't be shown. I'm specifically referring to Sora and Riku's parents who are non-beings mentioned in offhand comments. If Kairi's grandmother wasn't most likely dead, she'd be totally cool to appear.

They've been acknowledged since the start, though. To me the fun is in the fact that they aren't shown. Nomura's favorite thing to do is leaving things to our imaginations. Why can't we just imagine their parents and not actually see them?

When Sora's invisible mom and boat dad are shown, we'll stop, but until that day happens, we shall continue to theorize that Sora's mom and dad are actually Xemnas and Ansem.

And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact it'd be a wonderful learning moment for Sora to have two dads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back