• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think the team have finalised what worlds they're including yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

I think the last I've heard on this is from people saying Nomura said something along the lines of "We can't show you any of the worlds yet because they're not ready, but here's some of what we've done so far." before showing the trailer at the 2.5 launch.

I think we all know that Twilight Town, The Land of Departure, Olympus Coliseum and Destiny Islands are all pretty much confirmed, so I don't know, what do you guys think?

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Most likely no. They're still very early in development and don't think we get confirmation for what worlds will be in the games until the game is well into development, which probably won't be until late 2015/mid 2016.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think it was said not long ago that worlds are still being decided. Since "nothing is off the table" I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 is the most ambitious game so far in terms of worlds. They seem to be taking their sweet time in deciding, but if the roster is really as big as their making it sound, their's a ton of material to go through and weed out.

On top of that KH3 is also an opportunity for Disney to have a playable ad. Nomura was given a chance to see an early screening for Big Hero 6 which Disney seems to be hoping will hit it big in Japan. They usually give Square pretty free reign over KH, but considering the anticipation for KH3 I wouldn't be surprised if Disney was pushing for a few specific products.

mittens

I can certainly see that. I was hoping they would've decided by now, but I think it was a case of wishful thinking versus hard reality. I can certainly see Disney using this as a chance for plugging everything and anything they want to (see: Chicken Little summon in kh2) and I really liked Big Hero 6, so I wouldn't mind all that much. I just hope it still retains the Kingdom Hearts feel and doesn't come across as an ad. I also totally forgot about that "nothing is off the table" news when I made this thread.

I guess with how tight lipped they're being it's really difficult to gauge where they're at with those kind of things until they're ready to release the info. Although, I also remember the quote being something like "They're not ready to be shown yet." which kind of gave me the impression that they're at least working on a few? I don't know, take that with a grain of salt because for the life of me I can't find the article anywhere now.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Personally, I'm guessing the worlds are chosen early on so they can decide how to implement the story and story bosses around them + possibile abilities, etc. I know we won't be given a list for quite a while, but that's just my opinion.

I think we all know that Twilight Town, The Land of Departure, Olympus Coliseum and Destiny Islands are all pretty much confirmed, so I don't know, what do you guys think?
I'd say Radiant Garden, Agrabah, the Pride Lands, and the Land of Dragons are also very likely. Not to be a downer, but the only KH2 world I feel for certain won’t be in KH3 is Atlantica. I could picture BC re-setting somehow to include Gaston and the PoH connection; HT being used as a mini-game world; and TWTNW for some of the main story, such as Maleficent's plans and the 13 darknesses considering it showed up in 3D. And I'm find with that, since it would go into creating the feeling of a conclusion with this saga. I don't expect too many new worlds for the final game in the trilogy, tbh. I think Frozen is a definite though. I'd be willing to guess Disney will require it.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'm actually hoping Beast's Castle is NOT in KHIII. Beast turned into a human at the end of KHII. How can they continue that world's story without either retconing that, or pulling a Deus Ex Machina?

mittens

Personally, I'm guessing the worlds are chosen early on so they can decide how to implement the story and story bosses around them + possibile abilities, etc. I know we won't be given a list for quite a while, but that's just my opinion.

I'd say Radiant Garden, Agrabah, the Pride Lands, and the Land of Dragons are also very likely. Not to be a downer, but the only KH2 world I feel for certain won’t be in KH3 is Atlantica. I could picture BC re-setting somehow to include Gaston and the PoH connection; HT being used as a mini-game world; and TWTNW for some of the main story, such as Maleficent's plans and the 13 darknesses considering it showed up in 3D. And I'm find with that, since it would go into creating the feeling of a conclusion with this saga. I don't expect too many new worlds for the final game in the trilogy, tbh. I think Frozen is a definite though. I'd be willing to guess Disney will require it.

I hope you're right, with the whole choosing the worlds early on thing. Tai Yasue did say in a few interviews though that they're looking at a lot of Disney's "new stuff". (I assume by 'looking at' they mean Disney wants them to consider it at least.).
I'm also majorly bummed that Gaston was shafted, and one half of me wants to see him given a chance but then the other half thinks that a return of BC would be too much. The developers have said, however, that there will be returning worlds. The extent of that I can't really be sure of though. Do they mean original worlds or Disney worlds?
I agree with you on the Frozen front though, I'm sure it's going to happen, they won't wait for the hype to die down to include it. I also really think it's time for Pocahontas too.

Does anybody know how far in development they were when the worlds for KH2 and BBS were announced? I was pretty young when kh2 was released and I didn't follow BBS very closely at all. Maybe that will give us a window of when we can perhaps expect that news to be released. It's all relative though, they'll release it whenever they want but for now, while I play the waiting game, it's fun to speculate :wink:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It wouldn't surprise me if the worlds have been chosen a long time ago and they only say that selection is still being chosen to avoid people bugging them for what worlds are in.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I agree with Chaser. 'We're in early development and are still deciding' can only fly for so many years..

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I remember at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean. It said it won't be the last time Sora and Jack will have an adventure. Something like that, you can bet Pirates has a good shot coming back.

Darkrider S

Does anybody know how far in development they were when the worlds for KH2 and BBS were announced? I was pretty young when kh2 was released and I didn't follow BBS very closely at all. Maybe that will give us a window of when we can perhaps expect that news to be released. It's all relative though, they'll release it whenever they want but for now, while I play the waiting game, it's fun to speculate :wink:
Geez If I remember the worlds for BBS were shown in a Japan Gamer Magazine about 7-8 months prior it's release ? Speculating but it definitely wasn't that long.

Personally i'm hoping they get some marvel in there, but i agree that Pirates has a good chance of coming back. They can honestly take however long they need to get that game right. We've somehow waited since 2005, time will fly by don't you worry.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(It should be noted that they add and remove worlds well into the development cycle (i.e. Pinocchio in Days) but I 100% think they know which worlds they want. They can't build assets for KH3 if they have no worlds set in stone, which means they can't move forward in development which means having no game to make...)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I remember at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean. It said it won't be the last time Sora and Jack will have an adventure. Something like that, you can bet Pirates has a good shot coming back.
The same could be said for Neverland, as Sora promised to take Kairi there.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora said he would visit Tarzan again... It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

(new headcanon, xehanort destroyed deep jungle and that's sora's more personal motivation to fight xehanort)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm actually hoping Beast's Castle is NOT in KHIII. Beast turned into a human at the end of KHII. How can they continue that world's story without either retconing that, or pulling a Deus Ex Machina?
Technically we don't actually know when exactly that occurs, just that it happens at a point after KH2. If they wanna say it's after KH3 as well...I mean they could do that....

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Does anybody know how far in development they were when the worlds for KH2 and BBS were announced? I was pretty young when kh2 was released and I didn't follow BBS very closely at all. Maybe that will give us a window of when we can perhaps expect that news to be released.
Geez If I remember the worlds for BBS were shown in a Japan Gamer Magazine about 7-8 months prior it's release ? Speculating but it definitely wasn't that long.

It depends on how you look at it. When both games were announced they had announcement trailers that in comparison to 3's looked like Peter Jackson movies.

Both games had about a year (ish, KH2's might have been shorter) of radio silence after their announcement when news went quiet and then they started announcing new worlds about two at a time every month or so until their release. Keep in mind, both games had fleeting glimpses of new worlds upon their announcement.

Simply put: KH3 is a different beast altogether.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really hope that Port Royal doesn't come back, and Neverland does instead. Sora needs to bring Kairi back there and fly with her. That's way more meaningful than someone claiming that in their opinion Sora and Jack will have another adventure together.

I'm also hoping that Atlantica makes a triumphant return in KH3. I loved it in every game that it was featured in.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I really hope that Port Royal doesn't come back, and Neverland does instead. Sora needs to bring Kairi back there and fly with her. That's way more meaningful than someone claiming that in their opinion Sora and Jack will have another adventure together.

I think it's got as good a shot as any. That flying ship attraction flow summon had to come from somewhere, right?

I'm also hoping that Atlantica makes a triumphant return in KH3. I loved it in every game that it was featured in.

I'm not sure what would happen there, but it at least would look really pretty I guess.

Fortissimo

(It should be noted that they add and remove worlds well into the development cycle (i.e. Pinocchio in Days) but I 100% think they know which worlds they want. They can't build assets for KH3 if they have no worlds set in stone, which means they can't move forward in development which means having no game to make...)

Maybe be its a good sign that they haven't announced any worlds yet then. It might indicate that they are actually incorporating the worlds into the story instead of it being a stupid repeat of the movie story line that has no purpose other than "is riku/xehanort/the king here? Nope? On to the next world then"

I'm putting my trust in the development team that the Disney worlds will add to the overall story. Especially with this silence.

And I pray frozen will not be in it🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back