• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we'll ever play as TAV again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

I've been wondering for a while now how the fabled Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to cater to the games leading up to it. There have been so many new gameplay features. So how do you think the final installment in the Xehanort saga will play?

Will it allow you to play as multiple characters (Sora, Riku, Aqua, Ventus, Terra...) or will it be a standalone adventure for Sora?

BBS did a great job building up these characters and making them fun to play as; it would be a shame for it to be their final outing

KevVentus

But we've seen plenty of detours along the way, all of which relate back to Sora :)

I wonder if certain points it will switch to a different character briefly, like playing as Roxas in KH2. That may just be a tease though

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I kind of hope so, even if this is Sora's story. None of this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for them. It'd be cool to be able to play as them again, or have them as allies in battle. I get the feeling we won't even see them until Sora rescues them or whatever the hell.

ZashleyRiot

While I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the final game, I do hope we play as TAV again. I see it happening like

*spoilers for Kingdom Hearts 2*

the final fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 where you played as Riku for a brief amount of time.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yeah, we'll probably play as TAV again.

Then we'll play as their Nobodies.
Then their replicas.
Then their data versions.

Oh wait, can't forget about Lingering Wills.

Seighart

Awards
I'd so hope that you'd so a more BBS kind of game for KH3 where you would do Sora's story while his partners are donald and goofy, Vens story where Terra and Aqua are his partners, and a 3rd story for Roxas with Xion and Axel as partners. Epic no? Shoot...Maybe even a secret story with Mickey teaming with Kairi and Riku <3

Relix

A traveler
Awards
We'll probably play as Aqua in the future if anything but as far as Ven and Terra are concerned, I'm not sure.

KevVentus

Those were my thoughts exactly. I can definitely see it happening

Doesn't mean I necessarily want it, but if Nomura needs an idea...

I never played Dissidia so I don't know how it works

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly I'm leaning towards them becoming secondary characters or party members rather than full playable characters again.

I'd be nice for a KH game to have FF-like parties where you can choose whoever you want to have in your party and be your main (while the story still surrounds the main character)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Will it allow you to play as multiple characters (Sora, Riku, Aqua, Ventus, Terra...) or will it be a standalone adventure for Sora?

BBS did a great job building up these characters and making them fun to play as; it would be a shame for it to be their final outing

While I sadly doubt we will get to choose our party leader (in that case I would ditch Sora immediately and run around with Riku, Aqua or Ven), I could imagine we will get maybe somewhat of a party system either in KH 3 or in the next arc.

I would surely hope that we'll get to play as TAV again someday, playing as them was way more fun and satisfying than KH 1 and 2 together for myself.
I just loved Aqua's total versatility in magic, her neat barrier and cartwheel.
I also adored Ven's unique backhanded style (which will hopefully remain unique), his enormous speed + wind and light magic as well as his personal command styles.
Even Terra, while somewhat slow, had his moments when you could crush an big enemy with just two or three hits because of his vast power...*ggg*. Give him Ven's D-Link and even he gets somewhat faster.

I kind of hope so, even if this is Sora's story. None of this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for them. It'd be cool to be able to play as them again, or have them as allies in battle. I get the feeling we won't even see them until Sora rescues them or whatever the hell.

It mainly being "Sora's story" doesn't mean that he has always to be the spotliight hogging squad and be the only playable character. It was exactly BBS which showed that a decent KH experience is possible without Sora himself directly involved.
Nonetheless, in a main (meaning numbered) game I can see them rather as allies/party members rather than actually playable.
As far as the trailers of DDD showed we will at least see them, but only confined to cutscenes. Pretty much the same as it was with Roxas after Days and the KH2 Prologue, only cutscenes and in actual gameplay we were stuck with Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Honestly I'm leaning towards them becoming secondary characters or party members rather than full playable characters again.

I'd be nice for a KH game to have FF-like parties where you can choose whoever you want to have in your party and be your main (while the story still surrounds the main character)

As much as I dislike that, I have to agree at least for the main numbered titles, except if we really get something like it was suggested several times already, a full fledged party system to which new characters are added as the story progresses.

KevVentus

I wouldn't mind a sort of side game set during KH3. Somehow Aqua and Ven are saved and then they try to figure out how to save Terra.

I dunno. Just spitballin'

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
That would be cool. They should make KH3, the game itself be really long. If that's the finale then it needs to be hella epic, two damn discs.

MasterZeR0

That would be cool. They should make KH3, the game itself be really long. If that's the finale then it needs to be hella epic, two damn discs.

I think I remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that KH2 was ORIGINALLY supposed to be two discs long. And we see how that turned out. But anyway, with bluray discs, we wouldn't need to separate them into multiple discs, would we?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I think I remember (correct me if I'm wrong) that KH2 was ORIGINALLY supposed to be two discs long. And we see how that turned out. But anyway, with bluray discs, we wouldn't need to separate them into multiple discs, would we?
No we wouldn't. I was exaggerating my figure of speech, I just want it to be really long so I can sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back