• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Doctor Who | Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
re: Doctor Who| RIP John Hurt

The 9th and 10th Doctors were under Russell T. Davies.

Moffat has a lot of great ideas but then kind of... diddlys them up.

Anagram

Banned

A lot makes sense then. I'm guessing episodes I love like The Doctors Wife are guest writers?

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

A lot makes sense then. I'm guessing episodes I love like The Doctors Wife are guest writers?
The Doctor's Wife, specifically, was written by Neil Gaiman.

I don't think anyone can deny that Moffit definitely had the writing chops to make good episodes, but going back to doing the occasional one-off story instead of running an entire series worth of plot and story direction would probably be best.

Two seasons in a row now he's had really good build up that fizzled out with S8's Dark Water/Death in Heaven, and S9's Heaven Sent/Hell Bent.

Anagram

Banned

Looking back on the seasons you said he wrote I see what it was hit and miss. I wish Neil would write another then. That one episode was amazing. ;__;

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I feel like Capaldi has more to offer than what's been given to us. Hell Bent was probably one of his better episodes so far.

But then in the next episode they decided to make everything really abstract and underwhelming. The Doctor being on Gallifrey again seemed like a second thought to anything else going on.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I personally hated that. The episode was good but it's just an afterthought that he's back on Gallifrey. It made the payoff to the hype built up on the fact he was there incredibly weak and unsatisfying by going back to... well, whatever they did.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Looking back on the seasons you said he wrote I see what it was hit and miss. I wish Neil would write another then. That one episode was amazing. ;__;

He did write another episode (Nightmare In Silver)... It wasn't nearly as well-received, unfortunately.

I don't mind that Moffat's finally stepping down, but I am a bit worried about Chibnall being his successor. On the other hand though, I'm very relieved that it wasn't Gatniss that got the job. I was hoping Toby Whithouse or the guy who wrote Mummy on the Oriental Express and Flatline would take over.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Hopefully Chibnail will fix what Moffat left us with
I mean from what I hear, Broadchurch is apparently really good

I've heard Broadchurch is really good, but Chibnall's previous episodes in Doctor Who are generally disliked. So I'm very hesitant on him, though I do think he's a much better pick than Mark Gatiss would have been.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Hopefully Chibnail will fix what Moffat left us with
I mean from what I hear, Broadchurch is apparently really good
Ehhh, sooner or later it'll be Chibnall's turn to be ruining Doctor Who, just like RTD and Moffit before him.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

*is mad Netflix removed Doctor Who*

And I was expecting season 9 on there...

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

Did they? That sucks. I just buy my seasons on iTunes and use an external hard drive to store them. Expensive, but at least they're yours and you don't need an internet connection.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

For any Classic Who fans here:

[video=youtube;3Ib3IEIT0Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ib3IEIT0Yw[/video]

Power of the Daleks is a pretty important episode to get reconstructed since it's 2nd Doctor, Patrick Troughton's, first episode. Also the animation style and it being in black and white somehow makes the Daleks seem more frightening to me.

This animated episode will air on BBC America on November 12th. After that we return to the long wait for the Christmans episode.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Is there any discussion on the new companion? I think she looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Is there any discussion on the new companion? I think she looks pretty cool.
There hasn't really been any discussions since I think we're all just waiting for this Doctor Who drought to end at Christmas. Having to wait for the new season in the spring instead of this fall is kind of a drag.

From what was shown of her here I think Pearl Mackie will do all right as the new companion. While I didn't hate Clara, something different from her would be refreshing.

Back