• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anybody actually use Tents?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
I was playing KH1 earlier today, and after collecting a Tent early on in the game, I suddenly realized that I've never once—not in my entire life—EVER used one of these things. Not in any of the KH games. And I've played the KH series through almost a hundred times throughout my life.

So then, I wondered: Does ANYBODY use these things? Like, they're incredibly useless in comparison to their Final Fantasy counterparts, mainly because unlike in FF games, in KH you can replenish your HP and MP through a wide variety of ways with very little effort, even if you're a newbie: You've got save points, which are super easy to get to; you've got the typical cache of Ethers and Potions to use during battle or from the main menu, and those are incredibly easy to come across as well (the only time you would be in a bind is if you ran out during battle, but it's not like you can use a Tent in that situation anyway); heck, even enemies drop HP and MP orbs to replenish you WHILE YOU'RE FIGHTING.

So, that begs the question—is there really ever a need for these items? Has anybody ever found them useful in any way?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I hoarded and used them all on my Proud file when I reached Hollow Bastion and the End of the World. So yeah I found them very useful.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’ve never used a single one in my entire gaming life.

PikaPal

Awards
Never used a single one since a quick click of the Curaga button pretty much solves everything.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I very rarely used them. I think the main instance is before fighting Opposite Guard Armor. Usually my HP and magic are pretty low from fighting all the Heartless in the gizmo shop and on the roof before I get to the rope you pull.

They're like the meals in KH3. In 3's case, the game is already not that challenging; to use meals would make it as easy as KH2 was. In comparison, I used meals all the time in Final Fantasy XV--the game that inspired that feature in 3 (and KH's future plot direction, too, apparently).

Soldier

Awards
I very rarely used them. I think the main instance is before fighting Opposite Guard Armor. Usually my HP and magic are pretty low from fighting all the Heartless in the gizmo shop and on the roof before I get to the rope you pull.

They're like the meals in KH3. In 3's case, the game is already not that challenging; to use meals would make it as easy as KH2 was. In comparison, I used meals all the time in Final Fantasy XV--the game that inspired that feature in 3 (and KH's future plot direction, too, apparently).
What about with Pro codes enabled? do you use meals then?

AR829038

Awards

I mean, I could see needing to use the meals, though. Especially in the data/yozora fights. But Tents? I've never seen a person use those. Meals are at least useful for if you're playing on critical mode and are underleveled and need a quick buff for a tough fight. But I've never figured out a scenario where a Tent was more useful than getting to a save point or using other items or beating enemies to get health/mp.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I used to never use them, but at some point I noticed that I might as well use them if I have them. I mainly would use them when I don't want to waist any potions or eithers and also don't want to walk back to the nearest save point, but more often than not I feel i can just as easily go back to a save point if I really need healing.

Back