• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else remember the Slenderman Stabbing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

A bit out of the blue to mention this and also quite a bit late, but I figured I might as well try and put something here. No point in waiting until the anniversary.
Also if this topic isnt acceptable on this forum then I sincerely apologize, I was merely looking for opinions.

Here's a brief recap:
On May 31st, 2014 in Waukesha Wisconsin, two 12 year old girls decided to murder their friend in an attempt to please the creepypasta monster slenderman and become his proxies. The girl survived, but with grievous injuries. The two perpetrators were caught and got a Not guilty defense.

The reason I bring this up is because as gamers and people who frequent the internet, The blame is often pinned on us for producing such stories. That's what the media does, blame the internet, blame the games, and raise a few eyebrows while they're at it.
So that's why I made this thread, do any of you remember what happened on that day?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Classic example of shifting the blame to the wrong point, I feel. We can't go blaming Stephen King for the Horrowclown-shit a few years ago just because he wrote IT, and we can't blame creepypasta authors for people going nuts and trying to kill their "friend". What's to blame is whatever caused them to lose their sense of moral and humanity; whatever made them think it's logical to take a person's life for any kind of reason.
But shifting blame easier than questioning their backgrounds and discovering the real issues. As it always is.

Soldier

Awards
Classic example of shifting the blame to the wrong point, I feel. We can't go blaming Stephen King for the Horrowclown-shit a few years ago just because he wrote IT, and we can't blame creepypasta authors for people going nuts and trying to kill their "friend". What's to blame is whatever caused them to lose their sense of moral and humanity; whatever made them think it's logical to take a person's life for any kind of reason.
But shifting blame easier than questioning their backgrounds and discovering the real issues. As it always is.
Couldn't have said it better myself, its also worth noting that the two girls who committed the murders (or at least one of them) was diagnosed with a mental disorder. This allowed them to get out of a crueler sentence with the "not guilty by mental disease or defect". Yet once again that's shifting the blame for their actions. One of their father's has a documented history of mental illness, one would think they'd look for the signs from the get go.

Back