• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone feel like some of the older series are dying out?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I've been gaming for years but ti seems like slowly, some of the classic series seem to be dying out and new ones popping up in their places. But does anyone else notice that even some of the revival attempts seem to just spell doom for someof those series? and I'm not talking about classic series that are still strong but haven't had a sequel yet. I'm talking about the ones that start strong and seem like in recentyears flatlined.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Eh, most media is pretty reflective of it's time and even though it falls back on universal themes and concepts, the execution can and does become outdated. Videogames are no exception but interpretation and reimaginations, done right, can keep any franchise running.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it is only natural but it's hard to discuss this with no examples. There are quite a few games that have been made, received sequels and then are never touched again or they're brought up again with a vastly different design. I don't feel older series are dying out, I know they are.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Probably a good thing. Most games you see coming out are sequels, it's refreshing to see some new IPs. I don't mind bringing back old series though. Hell, I still want to see either an HD Remix or some sort of sequel/reboot to Strider. But I'm looking more forward to the new games we've been seeing.

State

Awards
I want a High-Definition remake of Final Fantasy IV for the PlayStation 3. :>

But in all seriousness, seeing fresh and new ideas is good for the industry. Look at Square Enix and The World Ends With You. SE was all about Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts during that time, but look at how much TWEWY bombed.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I want a High-Definition remake of Final Fantasy IV for the PlayStation 3. :>

But in all seriousness, seeing fresh and new ideas is good for the industry. Look at Square Enix and The World Ends With You. SE was all about Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts during that time, but look at how much TWEWY bombed.

By bombed do you mean......in the bad or good way? Lol I can't really tell.

Awards
Well... *points to set* Poor Megaman...

Really though other than the one's that have already died out I can't think of any that are dieing. Can't really say Sonic because it still has games coming out.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The J RPG. The games being released for the genre have seriously dwindled over the years.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
all good things must come to an end my friend

^ this is the truth, I'm afraid that all my series will eventually come to a end, like Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy (I know it probably won't happen soon, but still), and even pokemon will face its end sooner or later.

O

Oberon

Mega Man and Sonic have been dying for years. I'm not at all surprised by it, partly because it's a natural part of any form of entertainment.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
^ this is the truth, I'm afraid that all my series will eventually come to a end, like Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy (I know it probably won't happen soon, but still), and even pokemon will face its end sooner or later.

I don't think you need to worry about Final Fantasy or Pokemon for quite some time.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Don't think Ratchet and Clank's gonna end anytime soon either. I actually thought they already would've by now.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I expected it to end after I beat Up Your Arsenal or something.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Uh... Sonic's reinvigorated completely after 2008.
lol
2wegcop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back