• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone here actually play fighting games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm actually a sore loser. The second someone makes fun of me because I lose, I'm out.

i just hate when someone is a little bitch about losing, then it takes the fun away from me. i found one good player i did a few matches with, 2 out of 3 matches he kicked my ass but he was fair and i had fun.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
i just hate when someone is a little bitch about losing, then it takes the fun away from me. i found one good player i did a few matches with, 2 out of 3 matches he kicked my ass but he was fair and i had fun.

Losing is okay.
People making fun of it afterwards just sucks big time. Especially when all they ever did was SPAM THE EXACT SAME FUCKING BUTTON ALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHILE YOU WERE TRYING TO USE A NICE STRATEGY TO WIN.

Anagram

Banned

I agree but I find sore losers online far worse. If they just unplug or something everyone is fucked. At least in couch co-op you can tell them to get out of the damn room.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Losing is okay.
People making fun of it afterwards just sucks big time. Especially when all they ever did was SPAM THE EXACT SAME FUCKING BUTTON ALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHILE YOU WERE TRYING TO USE A NICE STRATEGY TO WIN.

hurr durr i like mtn dew and insulting women

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Losing is okay.
I've totally done that spamming one button thing in Smash whenever I play with someone who gloats about how great they are~ So essentially, just to be a dick. 8D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've totally done that spamming one button thing in Smash whenever I play with someone who gloats about how great they are~ So essentially, just to be a dick. 8D

Well yeah, thats another story.
Especially since in Smash, you really don't stand a chance with spamming against anyone who is any good at all. Like...really.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well yeah, thats another story.
Especially since in Smash, you really don't stand a chance with spamming against anyone who is any good at all. Like...really.
I've won a few times that way... but I also jump around like a maniac. It's not competitive online play though, it's like a room full of people and one is clearly better than everyone else and super condescending about it so then I become a huge troll.

I only like fighting games in a more friendly environment and definitely not competitively. I'm not skilled enough!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I used to do this back in the day and it backfired at times too like this one:

[video=youtube;R8j_8BL5u1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j_8BL5u1E[/video]

Anagram

Banned
I've won a few times that way... but I also jump around like a maniac. It's not competitive online play though, it's like a room full of people and one is clearly better than everyone else and super condescending about it so then I become a huge troll.

I only like fighting games in a more friendly environment and definitely not competitively. I'm not skilled enough!
J01Ynnr.gif
*knows your pain*

I prefer friendly too. Some teasing is fine but a guy that just gets pissy is stupid. This thread is making miss the N64 days.

Awards
I remember one time when my brothers were playing NUNS3 one day. My older brother used Neji like a scrub on my little brother, and my little brother got so mad that he threw the controller on the ground and broke it and then proceeded to cry and scream.....

Now, everytime I play a fighting game, I kindly reject his requests

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Losing is okay.
People making fun of it afterwards just sucks big time. Especially when all they ever did was SPAM THE EXACT SAME diddlyING BUTTON ALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHILE YOU WERE TRYING TO USE A NICE STRATEGY TO WIN.
As a general rule for fighting games (with the only exception in mind I can think of would be Chris G's Morrigan play in UMVC3), if somebody is using the same button/attack on you over and over and over and they're beating you, you aren't playing around it properly. It's the same thing over and over, so there's obviously counterplay if they just plan to only do one thing.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
As a general rule for fighting games (with the only exception in mind I can think of would be Chris G's Morrigan play in UMVC3), if somebody is using the same button/attack on you over and over and over and they're beating you, you aren't playing around it properly. It's the same thing over and over, so there's obviously counterplay if they just plan to only do one thing.

Tell that to me when playing against a Kazuya player in Tekken (which I dont do unless its a good friend). Its just so annoying.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Have any of you ever perfected a character from a specific fighting game? Playing the Mortal Kombat games or Soul Calibur definitely exceeds limitations. It's incredible.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Nina, my main since day one, confirmed for Tekken 7! Such an awesome reveal! Made my day!

[video=youtube;qChnANFncY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qChnANFncY8[/video]

Nina goes Kill Bill!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I've played SSB4 on 3DS, occasionally going online and losing most of the fights.

That's pretty much it, though. These kinds of games are more fun with multiplayer, and I can't seem to get that to work out most of the time.

Elbow Juice

Website
www.youtube.com
I play all Smash games and go to tournaments. I'm not great but I'm okay and it fun meeting people and practicing. I'm going to get into Pokken when that comes out and I'm into the Naruto Ninja Storm series also. That's about it tho. Haven't really gotten into street fighter or mortal combat much

Back