• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone know how do beat Demyx, (or the water guy)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oberon

Roxas13 said:
Wow Demyx was really easy. GO valor and smack him hard then when it ends use cure and beat him some more. Guard helped.
extremely vague, but true

sora_freak

ok, i just tried to do it again ,and got closer, thanx guys, anything else I should try?

crystalcrown28

sora_freak said:
ok, i just tried to do it again ,and got closer, thanx guys, anything else I should try?

Ummm... Oh, a good thing to keep in mind is that after Demyx shoots huge water fountains up into the air 3 times, he send these water spout things to chase after you on the ground. These things are hard to avoid, so just keep running away from them as fast as you can. Good Luck!!!

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Ok, here's my personal feelings on the best way to fight Demyx:
- Make sure ahead of time that you have the Explosion, Aerial Finish, and Slide Dash abilities equipped.
- Every time Demyx calls out his clones, use Valor form right away. I wouldn't suggest wasting drive on Demyx himself.
- Just like everybody else has said, make good use of the reaction command "Wild Dance".
- After Demyx uses his water dash across the stage, go over to him and stand about 5 feet away from him. Demyx will then bring up a circle of geysers around himself. The second the geysers start to fade, press X to slide dash him.(instead of standing 5 feet away, standing right up close to him actually works better. unfortunately it's not always possible to do so, considering the limited time you have after he dashes. if you're not close enough, then dont try it.)
- Do not use Wisdom or Master form in this fight. I know Master form is very tempting, considering that at this point in the game, you didn't get it all too long ago. Just please refrain from using it, it's all for the best.
- When Demyx yells "C'mon! Kick to the beat!", he will start dancing and and bringing up lines of geysers around him. When this happens, the best strategy is to use both air combos and Aerial Recovery to attack him from above. Try your best to stay directly above him during this strategy. Avoid moving too far to his sides while attacking.
- Unfortunately, I have not found an effective way to control Demyx's reaction command "Steal the Show". Basically, this reaction can turn out 2 ways: 1. You press triangle when the reaction comes up, and Sora dances behind Demyx for a while before smacking him with the Keyblade. 2. You press X when the reaction comes up, and Sora taps Demyx on the shoulder. Demyx then smacks you with his Sitar, and he takes no damage. Obviously, the problem with this is that the Demyx fight is a very fast paced boss fight, so you're likely caught up in the habit of smashing the X button.
- When Demyx just yells "Water!", just get as far away from him as possible. He's going to start raining down huge water balls on the stage. You may get wet. :(
- When Demyx starts shooting water balls straight at you, move to your clearer side and run forward, attempting to slide dash him. Do not jump up and attempt to hit him with an air combo. If you do that, you will get hit by the water balls.

NOTE: I am not implying that this is the only way to defeat Demyx. This is just the way that I've found works best. If you have a different way of fighting him that you think will work better, then go ahead and try it.

EternalOath

Yes, Demyx was annoying to fight for me also. I used Valor form, which did me no good, because whenever i did, i ran up to him for like 3 hits, then he just smacks me with water. It got annoying... My advice is to use Wisdom like everyone else says. Just use that and stay a distance away while shooting at him.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

EternalOath said:
Yes, Demyx was annoying to fight for me also. I used Valor form, which did me no good, because whenever i did, i ran up to him for like 3 hits, then he just smacks me with water. It got annoying... My advice is to use Wisdom like everyone else says. Just use that and stay a distance away while shooting at him.
Personally, I dont think you should be using any drive forms at all, unless he's called in his water clones. If that's the situation you should bring in Valor form right away.

Bumja

Yippee Ki Yay, mofo
Website
www.myspace.com
dEaTh_bY_pWnInG said:
Personally, I dont think you should be using any drive forms at all, unless he's called in his water clones. If that's the situation you should bring in Valor form right away.

He's right, dont use the forms at all, and u dont need to even to it for the second dance water dance, because i know a way to make there be no dance water dance the second time!!! u wanna know how...

ok wat u need to do is get all ethers for the battle, no potions. now once u get in the battle, do the first dance water dance. and THEN... right when he's done, do knocksmash with goofy, then once it gets to cosmo boost, apply 2 ethers, (oh and also, u have to have 4 item slots for this) and then RIGHT when he lands, do it again.
and then do it the third and last time. if he's still alive, then he will only have about like 1/6 of a bar left, all u need to do is when goofy's finaly done with the cosmo boost, demyx is still falling in the air, just do a combo in the air, and VWALA!!! YOUR DONE AND U DEFEATED DEMYX!!! (u dont have to do that but u can if u want) oh and also, welcome to khinsider, although i never got a greeting like that... :( oh well.

zerokool

yea he's kinda hard I lost to him once but it was only on the ten second water clones. But man he whooped the crap out of valor at first i couldn't even get a single hit on him at first. He was to fast for even valor to keep up with. But then after he started to tire it was a different story i smacked the crap outa him. he didn't know what hit him. I would knock him in the air and then attack him when he landed.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
equip goofy's combination attack use it that will get him to about 2 bars then he will send out the water clones defeat them all then use it again it's called tornado fusion

A

Ansem

use the reaction commands and when you have enough drive go into valor or master form
and if you have auto limit for donald or goofy, equip it, careful
though, its kind of rough usingthe reaction command with it on

Smexy_Sora

Gah! Demyx was hard for me to beat!It was not cause of his moves, it was because of his time things were you have to beat those stupid water forms. I could never get the what was it...5 or 10 seconds? Well anyways, when I was fighting him, at the time, I finally relized that I need to use the forms. So the forms are good to use, but so are the reaction commands. I do agree with every one else that it's not good to use the drive forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back