• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone remember the pre kh2 days ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystaff Master

Pre-KH2 days... Back then I was a VIP member at the KHU forums (back when, you know, it was active... <;'[). I remember KHU being THE place to be, whereas I always looked down on sites like kh-2.net (it's information was ALWAYS out of date). Back when there was talk about Gummi Ships having Reaction Commands, there being Keyblade customization, etc.

Honestly, the thing I remember most fondly from those days was of course this video:
[video=youtube;Qjef7-N0IWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjef7-N0IWs[/video]

Ah, those were the days. That's back when there were going to be Behemoths and Wyverns in KH2, Hollow Bastion's castle being explorable, and, of course, we expected the same level of depth that the original game gave us in exploration and gameplay. *sigh* But those days are long gone now. Was a simpler time though and I'm fond of it though.

KHHacker6595

I remember I would always check on KH Ultimania for new magazine scans for the next world to be announced on Kingdom Hearts II. I couldn't believe that Pirates of The Caribbean was gonna be in it, and even then I said it wasn't going to work. When Timeless River and Tron where both shown, I ran out a bought a copy of The Best of Mickey Mouse which Included Steamboat Willie, and a copy of Tron. I would always watch the movies that where announced to be worlds. In 5th grade just before the game was coming out, I would talk about the characters and worlds and speculate and make up theories on what was gonna happen with some of my friends during snack time in school. lol. The days when Roxas was BHK and Xemnas was the Unknown. I also remember when the Nobodies were first announced some people believed they were another form of Heartless and other people called them Unknowns too or something like that.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Dear GAWD, YES! Nostalgia bomb! Back then, Kingdom Hearts 2 was better than sex for many of us :/

Speaking of DKGerbil/Sora's Domain, that is where I have my "Valor" and "Wisdom" photoshopped Soras in my sig :D I have had this same sig since 2005 :p

I have vivid recollection of this forum being plagued with the pestilence known as "Release Date topics" in which people would unremittingly ask over and over again "When doz KH2 come out???? The guy at gamestop told me it comes out December 31 2004, but it says February 2005 on Gamespot.com. ty" ...And then...the inevitably flaming would ensue following the obligatory: "STOP MAKING RELEASE DATE TOPICS! NOBODY KNOWS UNTIL SQUARE SAYS SOMETHING! Can a mod close this?"

Back in the day, this website was called kingdomhearts2.net Yes newer peeps, that used to be KHI from a time now long forgotten. Back then, I would fervently check kh2.co.uk/KH Ultimania for updates on Kingdom Hearts II everyday. Back then, KHU was the main source of Kingdom Hearts information. And kingdomhearts2.net (Now KHinsider) literally ripped off of them every five minutes. ...Now it seems to be the other way around :tongue:

Back then:

Roxas = BHK (Blonde Haired Kid) DWU (Dual Wielding Unknown) and GEU (Glowing Eyed Unknown)

Riku = BFU (Blind Folded Unknown)

Xemnas = Enigmatic Man

We called Organization XIII "The Unknowns" for the longest until Chain of Memories released. Then once KH2 trailers appeared, they called themselves "The 13th Order" (which sounds infinitely more badass than Organization XIII) but it was localized as such.

I remember the plethora of theories and speculation we had. We speculated LONG BEFORE we knew *anything* about him, that BHK (Roxas) was Sora's "shell", "shadow" or "Non Existent One." (these were terms used derived from Xemnas, Namine, and Deep Dive respectively before the term "Nobody" came about.) Turns out, we were absolutely correct. :D For a long time, we also thought Diz was "Ansem's" "shell"..(his eye color and skin are a dead ringer for "Ansem")

This forum was also far more rambunctious and grammar was this archaic concept that seemed to be washed away in the chronicles of history. Mods weren't that great, though. But there were some memorable ones: MegaFlare, Ryu, Manchester Black, etc. Good times...

...I had absolutely no outside this forum back then. :frown:

EDIT:
I suppose it all went underway following closely with Chain of Memories' inception in Japan. I lurked on kingdomhearts2.net (now Khinsider). I joined in December 2005. They would discuss their theories regarding "BHK" (Blonde Haired Kid) "GEU" (Glowing Eyed Unknown) and DWU (Dual Wielding Unknown) As time passed...they speculated that BHK was Sora's "shell" ("shell" was derived from what the "Enigmatic Man", who we now know as Xemnas) stated in regards to both himself and Sora. They were right :p Release date topics for KH2 were in mass abundance...which grew highly annoying after a bit. For the longest, they thought Diz was "Ansem's" "shell" (Nobody) but apparently...they were wrong :p They made this mistake due to Diz's mask resembling Ansem's dark skin and orange eyes.
HOLY ****! You stole the words right out of my mouth! And I literally just read your post! 0_0 Wait...hold on a second...DA FCUK!?

Sir, I am disappoint. -_- But hey, same experiences right?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
da fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuq is dis shit. lol wow. like, wow. i don't even know what i should be doing right now. I'm having trouble processing it.

oops. i just stole sign's words.

Sign: I'm having trouble processing it

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i don't know what just happened

3f4257ade6efd5c759ffc50f05c39f5555f31d6a.gifa

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Dear GAWD, YES! Nostalgia bomb! Back then, Kingdom Hearts 2 was better than sex for many of us :/

Speaking of DKGerbil/Sora's Domain, that is where I have my "Valor" and "Wisdom" photoshopped Soras in my sig :D I have had this same sig since 2005 :p

I have vivid recollection of this forum being plagued with the pestilence known as "Release Date topics" in which people would unremittingly ask over and over again "When doz KH2 come out???? The guy at gamestop told me it comes out December 31 2004, but it says February 2005 on Gamespot.com. ty" ...And then...the inevitably flaming would ensue following the obligatory: "STOP MAKING RELEASE DATE TOPICS! NOBODY KNOWS UNTIL SQUARE SAYS SOMETHING! Can a mod close this?"

Back in the day, this website was called kingdomhearts2.net Yes newer peeps, that used to be KHI from a time now long forgotten. Back then, I would fervently check kh2.co.uk/KH Ultimania for updates on Kingdom Hearts II everyday. Back then, KHU was the main source of Kingdom Hearts information. And kingdomhearts2.net (Now KHinsider) literally ripped off of them every five minutes. ...Now it seems to be the other way around :tongue:

Back then:

Roxas = BHK (Blonde Haired Kid) DWU (Dual Wielding Unknown) and GEU (Glowing Eyed Unknown)

Riku = BFU (Blind Folded Unknown)

Xemnas = Enigmatic Man

We called Organization XIII "The Unknowns" for the longest until Chain of Memories released. Then once KH2 trailers appeared, they called themselves "The 13th Order" (which sounds infinitely more badass than Organization XIII) but it was localized as such.

I remember the plethora of theories and speculation we had. We speculated LONG BEFORE we knew *anything* about him, that BHK (Roxas) was Sora's "shell", "shadow" or "Non Existent One." (these were terms used derived from Xemnas, Namine, and Deep Dive respectively before the term "Nobody" came about.) Turns out, we were absolutely correct. :D For a long time, we also thought Diz was "Ansem's" "shell"..(his eye color and skin are a dead ringer for "Ansem")

This forum was also far more rambunctious and grammar was this archaic concept that seemed to be washed away in the chronicles of history. Mods weren't that great, though. But there were some memorable ones: MegaFlare, Ryu, Manchester Black, etc. Good times...

...I had absolutely no outside this forum back then. :frown:

EDIT:
HOLY ****! You stole the words right out of my mouth! And I literally just read your post! 0_0 Wait...hold on a second...DA FCUK!?

Sir, I am disappoint. -_- But hey, same experiences right?

Sorry, your posts are far better then how I write. I should have credited you. But, yes we did have similar experiences.

sora364

Awards
He copy and pasted my response to a similar topic on Gamefaqs (which I don't mind actually, in fact I found it hilarious that I caught him and was like "Whoa! Who is this guy!? It's like he read my mind!? Wait...hold on...this prose seems bewilderingly familiar...HOLD ON WTF!?) I got a good laugh out of it. 8D Since he and I have similar experiences, it's all good. His thoughts, someone else's words.

I do miss those days... Definitely my highlight of this forum.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By Samhain

favorite scene of the TGS 2003 trailer is Sora running up to an unknown in Hollow Bastion and he takes off the hood before Sora attacks him

was that..Riku? i wonder how the scene would have looked like in game

I blame that trailer for everything that is wrong with KH2 seriously I do lol(and it actually isn't funny cause I want my real KH2(No not FM))

Corrected I blame the two trailers for everything that's wrong with KH2.

Originally Posted By blueheart

Now I can see why the older members are so jaded. You guys had your hopes and dreams for this game crushed.

THANK YOU! T_T (I'll go cry myself to sleep for a bit).

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He copy and pasted my response to a similar topic on Gamefaqs (which I don't mind actually, in fact I found it hilarious that I caught him and was like "Whoa! Who is this guy!? It's like he read my mind!? Wait...hold on...this prose seems bewilderingly familiar...HOLD ON WTF!?) I got a good laugh out of it. 8D Since he and I have similar experiences, it's all good. His thoughts, someone else's words.

I do miss those days... Definitely my highlight of this forum.
So he stole your username as well?

sora364

Awards
So he stole your username as well?

No. Haha. Let's just forget about it :p

Hey, does anyone else remember Dramatic Hearts? LMAO

[video=youtube;I_nR_s2Ncqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_nR_s2Ncqo&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;9-Jwh-yzQMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Jwh-yzQMw[/video]

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Of course I remember. It was the golden age of the series' fanbase.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
chuman we both would have been like 8 or 7. i dont remember much except seeing some black kids in gamestop after it came out going OMG KH2!! and i walked over to them and said

got it. beat it in four days.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
chuman we both would have been like 8 or 7. i dont remember much except seeing some black kids in gamestop after it came out going OMG KH2!! and i walked over to them and said

got it. beat it in four days.

Memory still fails me. I remember it vaguely. Hell, I didn't know KHInsider even existed until I found it while lurking for BbS news in '08.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yep... I remember my account always being corrupted or some shit like that; had to re-register too many times... TEM (The Enigmatic Man).lol I miss those days. When Axel actually looked like a badass. Also, the first KH2 trailer went hard, Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Hollow Bastion laying waste to Neo Heartless. Then I was like, holy sh!t, where is Riku? Is Diz Ansem from being burned by the Light of KH? Anticipations ran high.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Hah, I was thinking of this a few weeks ago. The BHK. I liked those days, but I was only eight or so, and I never discussed anything. Me and my sister still shared her account, and I got her banned by spamming in the shoutbox. xD
I never knew about Xemnas in KH:FM until about three or four years ago. I didn't have internet, though, so I have an excuse. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back