• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

does Axel have a heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparks

gone
I belive that Roxas has a heart because... (the spoilers are in white)
He cried at the end of days

Sparks

gone
Thats a diary... actions speak louder than words. He expressed emotion and in FM+ doesn't Axel say something like
Why are you different then all of the other nobodies?

I don't know how to do the spoiler tags.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
[ spoilers ] spoilers here [ /spoilers ]
Remove the spaces.

To answer this question simply, no Axel dosent have a heart.
Roxas neither.
But Axel had a heart, back when he was a somebody. So, like most nobodies, Axel probably remembered what it feels like to have a heart ( emotions ). In other words, he might have faked his emotions, acted it. Like Saix.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
He just faked his emotions, because it gave him the sense of being whole and he remembered what it was ike to have emotions in the first place

Camblaxe

Axel doesn't have a heart because he's a Nobody. But when it comes to emotions, he appears to be a special case. I'm not exactly sure why or how, because I haven't played Days yet. But it certainly seems like he can feel to an extent. By the time KH2 came into play, he had nothing to gain from faking his friendship with Roxas, and yet he still insisted that they were best buds even when it lead to his death. So it makes you wonder about him and the state of Nobodies in general.

EDIT: As I just said in my post, some people, including me, haven't played Days yet, so could we please keep the spoilers to a minimum or at least use spoiler tags? Thank you.
Axel doesn't have a heart because he's a Nobody. But when it comes to emotions, he appears to be a special case. I'm not exactly sure why or how, because I haven't played Days yet. But it certainly seems like he can feel to an extent. By the time KH2 came into play, he had nothing to gain from faking his friendship with Roxas, and yet he still insisted that they were best buds even when it lead to his death. So it makes you wonder about him and the state of Nobodies in general.

Could it be that Roxas is affecting Axel, causing him to feel emotions?

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
He just faked his emotions, because it gave him the sense of being whole and he remembered what it was ike to have emotions in the first place

Maybe Roxas was acting gangsta by having emotions. Axel just wanted to follow the crowd.

Camblaxe

Is it at all possible that Axel sometimes forgets he has no heart? I seem to recall Saix saying something to the effect of the Organization members can remember what it is like to have a heart, so maybe they're just all acting like they used to before they lost their hearts, because they are so used to it.

Mirron

I'm still iffy on the whole Nobodies can't feel emotions thing as it is. We don't really know what the heart or the soul provide in terms of emotional, mental, spiritual, etc. aspects of a normal human. We don't know what they correspond to. I know that it is stated by people several times, including by some Nobodies, but we don't know how much of it they believe themselves, how much of it could just be a Placebo effect of sorts (as in, they don't feel because they think they don't feel, not because they are incapable of feeling) and other similar traits. I personally believe they do feel, if just because they seem to do a lot of things that wouldn't make sense unless they actually felt emotions, because memories only go so far and wouldn't prompt them to do a lot of the things they do. If we go off of the idea that they are cold, heartless beings without emotions who rely solely on logic, it would make more sense for them to do things differently.

This is just my feelings on the matter though, here's hoping we get more knowledge on Nobodies in the latter games. And on Heartless and Unbirth's, since a lot of things I want to know currently aren't really mentioned.

Camblaxe

I seem to recall Axel saying that Roxas made him feel like he had a heart. Could it be that Axel's not faking it? It would give a better explanation to his character change between CoM and KHII.

[EDIT]

Maybe Axel was being affected by Roxas/Sora in a way that made him feel emotions.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe Axel was being affected by Roxas/Sora in a way that made him feel emotions.......

Well, with enough time with Sora, Donald and Goofy's memories were affected when Namine began manipulating Sora, perhaps Axel was effected in a similarly collateral way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back