• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Sora not care for Kairi???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

terraisawesome12

Before anyone asks, the reason I put this under "KH2" and not "Discussion" is because in KH1, he showed some signs of caring about her, and CoM/Re:CoM doesn't count. Throughout most of KH2, he searched for Riku, and ONLY Riku. I don't think he even asked about Kairi. He could at least have visited her in the islands. And when he finally found Riku, he got on his knees, whined, and clasped his hands. But you know what he game Kairi? A small hug. A SMALL HUG, that she had to initiate. I hate yaoi, but I think he is gay. It shows he's uncaring for Kairi. In Birth By Sleep, all three of them asked about each other. If I remember anything else, I'll edit this post.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
As far as Sora new Kairi was safe and sound on the islands while Riku could've been still stuck in the RoD, captured/injured by Org.13 or dead, it's reasonable that he cryed. Sora only looked for Riku because that's the only person he had to find (and King Mickey but he was more of Donald and Goofy's problem). He also didn't visit Kairi because he didn't want to come back with out Riku. Sora is shown thinking of Kairi every now and then, he cares, but he doesn't have time for leasure trips when his best friend could be in trouble.

P.S. Bros before hoes.

impart

Climb The Sky
ive said it before and ill say it again

no

he didnt freaking like her

he hates her

zzsorasanasshole-1.jpg

no but seriously, I agree. He should have visited her

Crystal

Silver Member
Sora thought Kairi may safe, so never pay more attention to her.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, Sora thought Kairi was safe on DI and he promised to bring Riku home. He thinks about Kairi in a couple of worlds in KH2, he even pictures himself dancing with her in Halloween Town. I think, he didn't have a breakdown when he saw her, because he was ashamed that he hadn't brought Riku home/kept his promise. And I think his reaction to finding Riku was justified; Sora had no idea where Riku was or if Riku was okay. Sora had been searching all of this time for his friend with no inkling of what was going on with him.

Like everyone else are saying Kairi was safe on DI wile Riku can be dead for all he know. Later on he finds out Kairi is kidnapped still no word on Riku. At lest to Sora's knowledge Kairi's alive! The next time he sees the two, Kairi's jumping off a balconys and kicking heartless ass wile Riku's not really Riku. And Kairi dosn't even notes that she was kidnapped, she just says she went on her own journey. So in Sora's mind Kairi has the better end of the stick that Riku dose.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yeah, Sora thought Kairi was safe on DI and he promised to bring Riku home. He thinks about Kairi in a couple of worlds in KH2, he even pictures himself dancing with her in Halloween Town. I think, he didn't have a breakdown when he saw her, because he was ashamed that he hadn't brought Riku home/kept his promise. And I think his reaction to finding Riku was justified; Sora had no idea where Riku was or if Riku was okay. Sora had been searching all of this time for his friend with no inkling of what was going on with him.

I have forget the scene, does Sora imagine he with Kairi?
Yeah, Sora cares Riku because of the friendship they are having.

Stars

リク

I have forget that Sora pictures himself dancing with Kairi, guess I have skipped the scene O___o

vnnk

Simple Sora is a true Bro. i joke but from what one sees it dose seem sora just cares about Riku hell of a lot more than Kairi. But then again Sora is justified to do so at the time he knew Kairi was safe on DI and Riku was off risking for who knows what at the time.

Or just simply Sora is gay for Riku nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Crystal

Silver Member
Or just simply Sora is gay for Riku nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

I won't mind that too. It may just closely to brotherly love, not exactly the "lover" can describe xD
Surely, someone would cares when knowing his friends was in danger.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
On a slightly related note (because someone he should've visited), does he (or Donald and Goofy) even know where to find DI? Think about it: he got transported to Traverse Town through a corridor of darkness in the first game, and the only time he gets back to DI is at the end of KH2 thanks to Kairi's bottle. I think he seriously does not have a clue where that world is.

vnnk

I won't mind that too. It may just closely to brotherly love, not exactly the "lover" can describe xD
Surely, someone would cares when knowing his friends was in danger.

Basicly like Terra and Vens relationship He looks up to him as a big brother but then again the age difference comes in hear

Crystal

Silver Member
Basicly like Terra and Vens relationship He looks up to him as a big brother but then again the age difference comes in hear

Yeah. I love the scene where Terra and Ven were trainning together. Terra may scolded Ven and causing him cry, then he seem like very regret to scold Ven and eventually calm him back xD So, it called brotherly love.

Radox Redux

I don't think he doesn't care about Kairi, but I did find the fact that KH2 didn't really follow on from their story from KH1 kinda off-putting. Especially given the ending of KH1. Maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic, but the fact that (when she showed up at the end) he basically ignored her and ran to Riku (who he didn't even know was Riku) I just found a lil annoying. Though the ending, where he gives her back the Oathkeeper charm was nice.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I can't believe I'm about to do this xD;

Throughout most of KH2, he searched for Riku, and ONLY Riku.

Because only Riku was in danger. Though still driven by circumstances and them wiping TSW out of existence despite Re:CoM showing both Sora and Riku cared, Sora did think about Kairi and how he promised to bring Riku back.

He could at least have visited her in the islands.

That's kind of tricky since they couldn't travel between the worlds freely - they could only go where the Worlds let them. DI wasn't really an option until they were able to use Corridors of Darkness thanks to Namine's intervention, otherwise they might've been in trouble getting back home.
(A good question would be how did MDG get back to Disney Castle...)

And when he finally found Riku, he got on his knees, whined, and clasped his hands. But you know what he game Kairi? A small hug. A SMALL HUG, that she had to initiate.

This I agree with. Compared to even when he found Riku in KH1 (reaching to him and tugging on his cheeks), holding onto Namine's hand in CoM, and as you mentioned, breaking apart over Riku, he could've done more for Kairi. Instead, he walked only part up to her and kept his distance. She's the only one he didn't initiate contact with. And with what they made out of his treatment of Namine in CoM, excuse me if I find it hard to believe it's because he's 'embarrassed' about the girl he likes. Especially if you want me to believe Namine replaced Kairi for him, since then he should've acted similarly if not the same as he did with Namine. But he didn't.
Also, the whole "he thought Kairi was safe for most of the game" doesn't really hold, imo. For a bit of the game she was not safe. She was in danger and in enemy hands and lord only knows what those Organization scums were doing to her. In a way, Sora not knowing what happened to Riku let him think that maybe Riku was ok, especially after hearing bits and pieces about him like in the Land of Dragons.
Kairi didn't have that, but Sora still didn't seem too happy or overjoyed when they were reunited. Sure, this isn't Riku being missing for a small eternity or Namine being the girl he thought he forgot and then was in enemy hands, but I'd have hoped for more.
I didn't get it.

I hate yaoi, but I think he is gay.

Nah. He has the hots for Namine. And even Namine said it herself, that what Sora felt for her will make whatever he felt for Kairi stronger. And with the Memory of the Promise being if not a whole new one, most likely a Sora-Riku Memory, excuse me if I burst laughing at SoKai. But yeah Sora's most likely bi. I consider Ariel to have been one of his first crushes.

Other than that, my stance on the matter is well known. SoKai is for better or worse a 'say so' friendship before we even bother with anything more complicated. They said they're friends but we only ever got a flashback of them drawing on the walls in a cave. Even SoRiku got more than this in the first final mix with a bunch of flashbacks, and that's before we get to Riku being part of the Memories Namine showed Sora in CoM and even Santa Claus referencing their history together in KH2. CoM as a whole was built on showing us why Sora should care about a girl that doesn't really exist and you know what, it worked. It's a sad state of affairs when they need to tell me that's based on Kairi for SoKai to work instead of just base SoKai. Especially with every game that tries to tell me Sora loves Kairi because of the CoM mess only gives me more plot reasons why how Sora feels about Kairi doesn't even matter, plot-wise it still adds up.

So yeah. To me Sora'll always be a RiKai shipper who thinks Riku just didn't get the memo.

Decrith

Don't forget though, when he found out that Saix has Kairi, he went on his knees just to see her.There are a lot of cutscenes showing how much he cares for Kairi, but a lot of them are from mute cutscenes so its easily forgettable.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Don't forget though, when he found out that Saix has Kairi, he went on his knees just to see her.There are a lot of cutscenes showing how much he cares for Kairi, but a lot of them are from mute cutscenes so its easily forgettable.

My problem with that scene is that for me, it's hard to take it at stand-alone value. 30 seconds prior he basically lost his mind about Mickey lying to him and Xemnas accusing him of it before they both disappeared. I think he was already in the mind-set to go down on his knees for any bone Saix might have thrown at him, seeing how over Riku he dropped on his ass and would've smashed his fist if it wasn't for Goofy stopping him.
Sora was already broken when the context shifted to Kairi, because when it was about Riku, he shattered to pieces. I wouldn't go as far as to say he doesn't care, but I can't say that him caring about Kairi alone is what brought him to that pathetic state.

It's also not the only time in which they made what can arguably be called a directing mistake (or was it intentional, hm?)
When Sora found out Kairi was kidnapped to begin with in TLTW, it was right after Saix warned him about "ending up like Riku", indicating something bad happened. Part of why hearing Kairi was kidnapped hurt so much was because hearing she was there to begin with was supposed to be a good thing to follow up on a bad thing, but it's not like Kairi being kidnapped came without any context to weight it down.
Ironically, when it came to the reunions, the order was reversed. If before they had Sora worrying about Riku so he could appear caring and dramatic when he heard things that happened to Kairi, now they got the SoKai reunion out of the way before the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back