• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Don't think about it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Funny problem I have that may or may not affect my interactions with others. It probably makes things awkward without me noticing or I feel extremely awkward even though the others may feel fine, though hindering the interaction. All in all I probably lose my concentration, and as a result, have difficulty continuing the talk or whatever.

But what is the problem? Things are going fine, but when I realize it, weird thoughts come across. Example?

Talking to a random girl. Don't have feelings for her, but just a nice convo is going on. But then I realize it. "Okay, you're now aware things are going pretty steady. Don't screw this up." 5 seconds later. "RELATIONSHIP. SEX. HER FIRST NAME PLUS YOUR LAST NAME. RULES. DON'T FACE HER TOO MUCH. YOU HAVE JUST BECOME NERVOUS. YOU'RE SWEATING. YOU FORGOT TO PUT PANTS ON TODAY. YOU HAVE AN ERECTION. MADE YOU LOOK. DON'T TURN YOUR FACE RED. YOUR FACE IS NOW RED. SHE IS A GIRL. YOU ARE A BOY. MATING RITUALS. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME. <maniacal laughter>"

Et cetera. Exaggerated of course. I think. Not that I necessarily want any of the above, but sometimes I can't help but just have awkward thoughts flash in my mind. Again, not that I desire anything further with the person, but when my mind says not to do something, it ends up doing it.

It's not just for females either. Similar things can happen with males (although I suppose at a significantly lesser rate). The thoughts that drift through my head can be very situational, but either way makes me feel uncomfortable and can make the person feel uncomfortable. I don't really think about the thoughts in details, such as if the word "relationship or sex" pop through my head, I don't think about it, I just try not thinking about it while thinking about it. If that makes sense. If it doesn't make sense, then simply I don't think about it, I'm trying to keep my composure.

Lastly, this usually only happens with people I'm not used to talking to. Any friends or people that I have regular contact with are rarely effected with this problem.

Basically, what do you in these situations, or perhaps, what can you suggest for a person to keep their composure in such situations?

Lastly lastly, it's 3am. So apologies in advance for what a mess this topic or post might be.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You don't forget to put your pants on is what.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It happens, lol.

No seriously, the mind will begin to race at the drop of a hat and under all kinds of circumstances. The best thing to do is to just let those thoughts pass through (in one ear and out the other, as it were). Just make sure that they don't pass through your mouth :p

Key

Exile
Awards
People's minds tend to do that, especially if you're a guy/are in the young-adult stage. i think everyone's guilty of this, it just happens.

Just don't dwell on those thoughts when they come, let them pass by like Nevermore said.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Wake up, meditate. Everything happens for a reason, and you can choose what to toddle towards. Just because you're having those thoughts doesn't make you a bad person, it's simply the chemical structure within your brain going "Hey! This could be it!" or something like that. It's more or less a typical sort of "primal instinct." Like how a spider can spin a perfect web; it just happens.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Flashing thoughts happen to everyone all the time. Most of us just don't notice it until we start thinking seriously. But what's happening to you is, that you brain is trying to distract you talking to a girl that you're nervous about talking to.

This is an example of my mind sometimes. This happened to me last night when playing Red Dead Redemption multiplayer on Xbox "HEY LOOK AT THAT GUY. KILL HIM. KNIFE HIM. SNIPE HIM. WHERE IS MY HORSE. IM HUNGRY. DO I WANT PIZZA OR TOAST. WHERE ARE MY SOCKS. ITS COLD. PIZZA. I NEED A HAIRCUT. MY ARMS ARE HAIRY. I SHOULD SHAVE MY BEARD. DO I HAVE WORK TOMORROW. HEY WHERE IS MY HORSE. I WONDER WHAT MY FRIENDS ARE DOING. MY LIGHT IS A BIT TOO BRIGHT. MAYBE I SHOULD WATCH A MOVE. I WONDER WHAT LIFE WOULD BE LIKE IN BLACK AND WHITE. DID MY PHONE JUST RING. FOOD. GIRLS. TITIES. SEX. SEX. SEX. IM HUNGRY. WHERE IS MY HORSE AGAIN."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back