• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Don't you know? My name is..."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zul

Awards
Alright, I skimmed threads up to January and didn't find this, so sorry if it was right there and I missed it.

Now, in 0.2, when Aqua says to Terranort "who are you, really?". He responds "don't you know? my name is..". I wondered if he was going to say Terra or Xehanort. It's not really possible to tell in the English, but it is in the Japanese audio.

He was going to say "Terra".

Terra, as far as I know, always uses "ore wa" when speaking about himself, Xehanort and Terranort use the more formal "watashi wa". But when Terranort was saying "I am" in 0.2, he was saying "ore wa".

Again, no clue if this was already discussed back and forth, I haven't been here for a while.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
oh, haven't paid attention to the Japanese pronouns, but in the English version, the voice is clearly the deeper voice of Terranort.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
oh, haven't paid attention to the Japanese pronouns, but in the English version, the voice is clearly the deeper voice of Terranort.
yes but the point was whether or nor xehanort was going to be deceptive about his identity or not, which according to the japanese version, he was.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
tbh it's still kinda dumb of Aqua to not realize the change of the voice.. then again she was looking to other direction when she replied.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If we go strictly by a logical approach Aqua reacted/acted "dumb" in any conceivable way by even starting to talk about Ventus in the first place.
She had actual personal experience of Xehanort somehow piggybacking and "controlling Terra" to a degree in the Final Episode of BBS and that during their adventures back then Xehanort had some interest in Ven, so she probably shouldn't have brought him up at all.
Furthermore Terra told her that he's still somewhat "trapped in the dark" and that the vision she sees is only his appearance from her own memories, not how he looks at present so some caution would have been advisable just in case Terra being still trapped means that Xehanort is still somehow involved.

But characters acting logical in KH is a rarity in any case.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Xehanort pretending to be Terra while not realizing the mere possessing made his act the very opposite of convincing is actually pretty hilarious.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Xehanort pretending to be Terra while not realizing the mere possessing made his act the very opposite of convincing is actually pretty hilarious.

He should've gone even further and kept feigning ignorance, with his silver hair, golden eyes and a fake mustache w/ goggles.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Oh my great God. Now the teaparty in 3D makes sense.
Sora already is half Xehanort.

3TMZSxwXYYfzT629wSgBrF-480-80.jpg

Ok but seriously now, am I the only one who was strangely VERY bothered by the "don't you know" in his sentence? Who in all Realms tells a lifelong friend that, especially when their appearance is changed but they look 99% the same anyway? The whole scene made me, at least, think that Aqua is really not right in the head to come this close to opening up to the enemy she previously fought, in a battle in which she sacrificed herself and fell into the RoD in the end? Aqua must have been really, really desperate and angsty but still, we're talking about Master Aqua, considered hella strong and determined. I wanted to say 1 "no" per every frame the scene had...

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I suppose I'll say something about this... the phrasing is definitely odd, but I found it in tune with the usual way the characters speak in KH.
Didn't give it that much thought.

Oh my great God. Now the teaparty in 3D makes sense.
Sora already is half Xehanort.

Everything is finally coming together
20915441_1409101482470609_1371054185699645884_n.jpg

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The wording was questionable, but then again the whole tower scene with Riku and Kairi was fifteen times worse than that so I forgive Aqua.

Zul

Awards
The wording was questionable, but then again the whole tower scene with Riku and Kairi was fifteen times worse than that so I forgive Aqua.

The TWTNW one ?

EDIT: Yen Sid's tower nvm....

I find it hilarious how Aqua was actually like, 5 feet away from Riku at the end of KH1.

And yeah, Aqua's recognition of Xehanort seemed a bit odd, the dialogue implies she doesn't know until Terra says "Xehanort is a part of me", whereas the BBS journal implies she figured it out before they even fought in RG.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And yeah, Aqua's recognition of Xehanort seemed a bit odd, the dialogue implies she doesn't know until Terra says "Xehanort is a part of me", whereas the BBS journal implies she figured it out before they even fought in RG.

May give in some angle the vibe that Aqua was yet again given the idiot ball via plot demand and forced to act on it in order to yet again have Xehanort succeed at least partly in his goals.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I find it hilarious how Aqua was actually like, 5 feet away from Riku at the end of KH1.

The last part of 0.2 felt like that one filler episode in an anime series where they show you that in a canon event other things happened but all sorts of stuff happens to prevent the two plots to actually interact.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
May give in some angle the vibe that Aqua was yet again given the idiot ball via plot demand and forced to act on it in order to yet again have Xehanort succeed at least partly in his goals.
Sometimes I like to believe everything we've seen is actually just how the Master of Master's interpreted the events when writing in the Book of Prophecies, and every moment of stupidity is just him trying to fill in the blanks. XD

DefiantHeart

Awards
If we go strictly by a logical approach Aqua reacted/acted "dumb" in any conceivable way by even starting to talk about Ventus in the first place.
She had actual personal experience of Xehanort somehow piggybacking and "controlling Terra" to a degree in the Final Episode of BBS and that during their adventures back then Xehanort had some interest in Ven, so she probably shouldn't have brought him up at all.
Furthermore Terra told her that he's still somewhat "trapped in the dark" and that the vision she sees is only his appearance from her own memories, not how he looks at present so some caution would have been advisable just in case Terra being still trapped means that Xehanort is still somehow involved.

But characters acting logical in KH is a rarity in any case.

Well, to be fair. Up to that point Aqua had been trapped in the realm of darkness for a very long time, and was longing for a friendly face she could talk to, constantly getting her hopes up with all the illusions alone. I honestly don't blame her for instantly wanting to talk the moment she realized she could talk to what appeared to be her friend at first.

Mirashade

Awards
Eh, sorry to comment on an old thread? Idk if its reasonable to do in this situation, but it came up when I was googling on Xehanort's pronouns and idk if there's any more recent discussion.

I saw the recent KH3 trailer regarding Terranort not even knowing Lingering Will and got hopped back up on researching him. In DDD, in that weird scene where Terranort denies being Xehanort and calls himself Ansem, he actually also uses "ore wa"! Meaning, even in this scene, he may not have been trying to be deceptive after all, but views himself differently after the amnesia.

Perhaps the name he would have introduced himself with to Aqua was "Ansem"? In this specific scene in 0.2 as well, he also seems to have those same brown eyes instead of yellow- a trademark of the amnesiac Terranort who was apprentice to Ansem that has not been explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back