• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dragoon/Diviner Classes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarrcEnigma

I really don't know anything about the RPG system, so bare with me here, ok? I was just wondering, is it actually possible to become either of these without cheating? You see, I want to be a Dragoon, and I'm willing to work for it as hard as I would for anything else. After reading Midnighter's announcement about level zero characters not being allowed to have "too much Gil," I went to battle to try and raise my level a little. I don't have a class, and as such, have no way to win. So obviously, I died in two shots. I was expecting to get some EXP for at least battling one of the Crabs, but I died and received no EXP...

I'm assuming, then, that I have to beat my opponent to get any EXP. The problem there is, I can't seem to find any weapons or armor that aren't class-specific except the "Dragon's Lance" weapon. It's certainly got enough stat boosters to get you going without a job (500 strength, 350 defense, etc.), but it costs 20,000 Gil. A level zero, according to the new rule, isn't allowed to save up that much Gil from Triple Triad and bank interest. So... how, exactly, do you do it?

If it's another glitch with my character (I just had my profile erased because I was assigned the "Ice Mage" job without me actually choosing it...), and you have to reset it again, do you think I could keep my Triple Triad cards at least? I mean... I'm working as hard as I can here, and every time I make some headway, I get reset, heh. ... If it's not possible, though, can I get someone to reset my profile again? Thank you.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Well what you can do is pick a job so it will be easier to win bot battles and gain exp and save up to 10000 once you get that and are level 15 if you meet the stat requirments you can give TM the 10000 and he will make you a Dragoon, or level 10 if you want Diviner.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
That is a completely unjust rule. I easily(well maybe not easily) had over a few thousand as a level 0, but I guess it was easier, as nobody else had as much, but I think its very possible to have a few thousand as a level zero, sorry for your hardship.

jasoncho92

Website
www.buypmi.com
Just do this. Ask to buy a good weapon. Once you get a little under 500 gil give it to tthat peron and keep on doing that until you can get the weapon

DarrcEnigma

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. I still need two things cleared up, though:
1) Is it guaranteed that The Midnighter/Léon will change your Job Class for 10,000 Gil?
2) The EXP system has officially changed, then? Or, to clear that up, you do indeed have to beat the opponent to get any EXP?

I just want to make sure I've got it all straight before I go and do something that can't be undone.

Back