• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance at TGS 2011

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingering Night

So, as I'm sure everyone is aware by now, there was no mention of KH3D at E3 2011 as was implied by Nomura. However, it was also implied by a few Square-Enix representatives that it would be shown at TGS 2011. So, what do you expect to see at TGS? A new trailer? A playable demo? Or perhaps a release date? So tell me, what do you expect to be unveiled at TGS, if it shows up there at all, that is.

chenoehii

Awards
So, as I'm sure everyone is aware by now, there was no mention of KH3D at E3 2011 as was implied by Nomura. However, it was also implied by a few Square-Enix representatives that it would be shown at TGS 2011. So, what do you expect to see at TGS? A new trailer? A playable demo? Or perhaps a release date? So tell me, what do you expect to be unveiled at TGS, if it shows up there at all, that is.

I wouldn't go as far to say they should have a release date, that would be utter magic if they did, but they definitely need a new trailer(preferably one with actual scenes and some more insight into the Mark of Mastery Exam. Might be a long shot to have a demo.. They announced 3D last year and released a trailer, and now we're in 2011, they said we would have 3D at E3 and we didn't which means most likely that there hasn't been much development on the game, and now they say it might be at TGS all the way in September(which also means we might not get ANY news the whole summer) and it will all of a sudden have a new trailer and a demo to go with it. I think it would be a bad idea, it might just give their fans a heart attack. Because we've been so accustomed to absolutely no news whatsoever for months.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am 100% confident Dream Drop Distance will be at TGS.
I'm expecting a trailer with scenes at the Mysterious Tower, Traverse Town, Notre Dame and two other worlds.
I'm not really seeing the chances of a Demo though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
There's a much higher chance of 3D being at TGS because that's typically where SE makes all their bigger announcements: BBS, coded, and Days were all announced there. Their presence at e3 is always comparatively much smaller.

I dunno if I'd count on it though.

DanX

"Nomura: Forget about 3D for a while..."

AHerpaDerp, I'm pretty sure by a while he just meant don't expect news any time soon from January. But anyway on topic it's pretty much guarenteed that KH3D will be at TGS and we'll get a new trailer and I can see a demo happening.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Did he really say that? >:I

No, Nomura only said that about Versus XIII. I think Walkway is just using the line Nomura used for Versus XIII but puting KH3D in that line instead in order to demonstrate the long time it takes for Square to come out with stuff in general.

Anyways, I'm still pissed about KH3D not being at E3 so i'm not even going to get my hopes up for TGS this year. If however KH3D is at TGS then Nomura better make it up to us for lying about KH3D being at E3. I'm talking about a long trailer, showing 3 new worlds, boss battles and plenty of cutscenes, a playable demo, a long interview, tons of screenshots, and maybe a general time frame for a release date.

Announcing BBSV2 along with all that would also be a good way to make up for it, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Lingering Night

To be perfectly honest, all I'm expecting is an at most 2 minute trailer and maybe a general time frame for release, something like "Holiday 2012" or "spring 2013". A demo would be cool, albeit incredibly unlikely, but even if they had one, I doubt it would be anything revealing, maybe just a normal battle with the Heartless in Traverse Town, maybe leading up to the cutscene where Sora/Riku face Xemnas/ASOD, respectfully, it which point the demo ends. It would show of a few of the newer aspects of fighting that we've seen in the other trailer, though. I don't expect any news on BBS Volume 2 for a while, though I suppose there is an off chance it might be officially announced, but with no trailer or gameplay, just a verbal announcement and maybe the reveal of a basic logo. Honestly though, with the news drought going on over here, I'll take what I can get.

WaveK89

Things can change, so who knows...Still, the chances are much likelier at TGS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really care. I said I didn't want to spoil DDD, and any trailer is just more information for me to be spoiled about...so if we get nothing at TGS, I will still not care. I find it likely we will, though...unless Nomura says any different in the coming months. (which will always be lies sooooo...even Word of God is not trustworthy.)

Maxyli138

A new trailer please. And some screenshots. My hopes aren't high anymore. I'm still disappointed about no KH at E3.

StVen

We might get a release date for JP and not NA. Since 3DS is region lock we won't be able to play it unless someone has 3DS JP version. Probably an in-depth trailer would be nice and their JP KH3D site gets updated every now and then. I'm sure we'll see a 'well' gameplay and I'm really hoping for a demo at least. :D

blueheart

Bronze Member
It's almost certain that DDD will be at TGS this year. It would really make up for the E3 lie. I do want a trailer with cutscenes, more gamelay and worlds, along with a general release date like Summer or Fall 2012. By then they would have been working on it for over a year and a half, so I wouldn't expect it to come out on 2013.

The lie wouldn't have been such a big deal if Nomura had just informed us it wouldn't be there anymore, a short time before E3 started.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's almost certain that DDD will be at TGS this year. It would really make up for the E3 lie. I do want a trailer with cutscenes, more gamelay and worlds, along with a general release date like Summer or Fall 2012. By then they would have been working on it for over a year and a half, so I wouldn't expect it to come out on 2013.

The lie wouldn't have been such a big deal if Nomura had just informed us it wouldn't be there anymore, a short time before E3 started.

I could see a release date being announced at TGS because it is TGS. SE always announces more stuff I find in Japan rather than the US which I don't mind...as long as they release the info I'm OK.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
A new trailer please. And some screenshots. My hopes aren't high anymore. I'm still disappointed about no KH at E3.

you and me both, I'm so ticked off, I was for sure they were going to show off KH, but it looks like S.E. will probably show of it more at TGS. Does anyone know the exact date for TGS? I hope it isn't late September.

Maxyli138

you and me both, I'm so ticked off, I was for sure they were going to show off KH, but it looks like S.E. will probably show of it more at TGS. Does anyone know the exact date for TGS? I hope it isn't late September.

TGS is September 15 - September 18

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No, Nomura only said that about Versus XIII. I think Walkway is just using the line Nomura used for Versus XIII but puting KH3D in that line instead in order to demonstrate the long time it takes for Square to come out with stuff in general.
Thought so. ">:I" to you Walkway.

I'm talking about a long trailer, showing 3 new worlds, boss battles and plenty of cutscenes, a playable demo, a long interview, tons of screenshots, and maybe a general time frame for a release date.
Honestly, I think that may be just a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back