• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Circle Pad Pro

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraorganization

Just wondering if the extra circle pad controls the camera what does L,R,zL and zR do. I figure R locks on to an enemy but what about the others. Is it just like Kingdom Hearts II or not.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well as far as I know it was said to give improved camera controls, so i'm hoping it's like KH2.

also played that recently, and L2 and R2 didn't have too many uses (you could hold L2 to use the right stick for the command menu), so I think we're fine. :D

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Well as far as I know it was said to give improved camera controls, so i'm hoping it's like KH2.

also played that recently, and L2 and R2 didn't have too many uses (you could hold L2 to use the right stick for the command menu), so I think we're fine. :D
Oh yeah, I forgot how useful that L2 trick was in KH2!! I really hope they bring that back, holy crap. It would be nice if R was to trigger lock on and LZ and RZ were to cycle through locked targets. That would leave L open for this trick. You hold it and use the right analog stick to cycle through commands.

Edit: Actually an even more useful use (redundant?) for the L button would be as a command shortcut button. Exactly what they did in BBS when you press left on the D-Pad. At least I think it was left... It may have been right...

Rallade

Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot how useful that L2 trick was in KH2!! I really hope they bring that back, holy crap. It would be nice if R was to trigger lock on and LZ and RZ were to cycle through locked targets. That would leave L open for this trick. You hold it and use the right analog stick to cycle through commands.

Edit: Actually an even more useful use (redundant?) for the L button would be as a command shortcut button. Exactly what they did in BBS when you press left on the D-Pad. At least I think it was left... It may have been right...

Right was to go to the D-links.
Anyways, I'm assuming it's gonna play like BBS so I don't really think there's really gonna be a need for the circle pad pro.

BagelBreath

Awards
I think it'll be like KH2 controls. I picked up a CPP a few days ago for KHDDD. I used it in the RE demo and it works great.

prjio307

I think it'll be like KH2 controls. I picked up a CPP a few days ago for KHDDD. I used it in the RE demo and it works great.
Yeah I have RE: Revelations and the CPP and it plays great. Playing it without the CPP is really a different experience since you can't move and shoot simultaneously nearly as easily. I can't imagine that playing DDD with it will be all that different though. I've found that the CPP makes the 3DS bit more comfortable to hold though so maybe that'll help.

UltimaJackpot

With the CPP, the controls are pretty much the same, with some small differences:

- Right Slide Pad is used to pan the camera around, obviously.
- Locking on is changed from R to ZR.
- L and R are used to switch between targets.

It honestly doesn't really change the controls too much at all, really. The game plays fine enough without it. It would have been nice if you could scroll through commands with L and ZL, though.

soraorganization

Right was to go to the D-links.
Anyways, I'm assuming it's gonna play like BBS so I don't really think there's really gonna be a need for the circle pad pro.

I think the fact that full camera control is a huge reason to play with it. Only turning the camera right or left sucks.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Plus I have experience with the CPP and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable than the 3DS on its own.

prjio307

With the CPP, the controls are pretty much the same, with some small differences:

It honestly doesn't really change the controls too much at all, really. The game plays fine enough without it. It would have been nice if you could scroll through commands with L and ZL, though.
You, sir, are a saint! Thanks for the concrete answer at last! Overall I'm pleased with this. Having one button to lock on that is seperate from the buttons to switch targets is exactly what I wanted. I was never pleased with the lock on system in BBS. Pressing L and R at the same time to lock on just never felt right to me for some reason.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Really? I figured it would make it uncomfortable. I might get it if it feels better
Well the underside of the CPP is contoured as opposed to the rough edges on the system itself, and though it adds to the weight factor the ergonomic design really helps.

You know all those complaints about hand cramps in Kid Icarus? I haven't had those when playing with the CPP.

Somehow I'd missed this. Good to hear though! :3

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Really? I figured it would make it uncomfortable. I might get it if it feels better

Some people think that the CPP makes holding the 3DS feel weird because reaching the buttons over the right analog stick feels odd to some. Everyone is different so you'd have to see for yourself. I think I can get used to getting over the buttons though as opposed to hand cramps or less camera mobility, so I think the CPP is a good investment...for me at least (unless the rumored new Nintendo 3DS comes to fruition tomorrow).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This seems relevent: Nyko Tries to Make Circle Pad Pro Pretty - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life

large.jpg

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
There are rumors of a 3DSXL with a bigger screen. Maybe a second analog could possibly come? I'm waiting for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back