• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Demo Out Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got_it_Memorized

Awards
Just be a pro and Learn how play like a boss all the time.
I could get used to the CPP but i dont wanna spend 20$ on it.

The only thing i wouldnt mind it for is Kid Icarus but thats because im left handed. But the challenge made it more fun. :)

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Just be a pro and Learn how play like a boss all the time.
I could get used to the CPP but i dont wanna spend 20$ on it.

The only thing i wouldnt mind it for is Kid Icarus but thats because im left handed. But the challenge made it more fun. :)

LEFTIES UNITE!!

seriously though i got it for Kid Icarus. So much easier.

And I'm looking forward to having it for KH3D because DAT ENHANCED CONTROLS.

billyzanesucks

Could a European CPP owner tell me about the alternate control options? Can you scroll through Commands with the Z [extra shoulder] buttons?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I see. What about the other three shoulder buttons?

That's the thing why I hate this thing. The shoulder buttons don't add anything as far as I can tell. Just tested it again to make sure what I'm saying is right.

You have 2 control types. The only thing the do is switch the ways of controlling the camera and lock-on.

Type A: You can control the camera with both the extra Circle pad or the L and R buttons. ZR can be used for lock-on while ZL does nothing.

Type B: You can control the camera with the extra Circle pad pro. You can use L to reset the camera behind the character. ZL does nothing. R and ZR can both be used for lock-on.

So, as you can see, the CPP doesn't add anything to make things like scrolling through commands any easier. The only thing I can say that changes is the extra circle pad that ables you to control the camera differently (more like KH2). But that's it.

If you really want to play with the CPP, I'd highly recommend holding the system so that your two indexfingers are on the ZL and the ZR buttons. That way, the system feels very comfortable in your hands and you can switch between the circle pad and the other stuff more easily.

I find it very uncomfortable when my middlefingers are on the ZL and ZR buttons, just because your hand doesn't feel as 'free' if that makes sense. Besides, seeing how the shoulder buttons don't really matter, you don't have to put finger on them.

Hope this helps you (and other peeps that're considering buying one of these things) out. I'm actually playing with it now for you guys lol

Last edited:

billyzanesucks

I already have a CPP, but my brother bought it for Resident Evil Revelations, so there's no loss. At least I could lock on more easily and have a better grip mon the 3DS. Thanks.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, my only complaint with the analog stick placement is that it's hard to scroll through the Command section.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You do realize I'm most happy about the CPP because the camera controls become more like KH2's, right? The extra lock-on button is nice instead of having to hit both L and R as normally.

I'm not really concerned about better command scrolling because I'm satisfied with how it is. All I need is to invert the controls and I'm good. And guess what? I CAN INVERT THE CONTROLS!!

so yeah, no need to be snide about it when I said what I said knowing exactly what I meant and what I was in for.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
You do realize I'm most happy about the CPP because the camera controls become more like KH2's, right? The extra lock-on button is nice instead of having to hit both L and R as normally.

I'm not really concerned about better command scrolling because I'm satisfied with how it is. All I need is to invert the controls and I'm good. And guess what? I CAN INVERT THE CONTROLS!!

so yeah, no need to be snide about it when I said what I said knowing exactly what I meant and what I was in for.

lol wasn't trying to be snide at all so calm down :p. You said 'enhanced controls' and for me, that's not the case at all. If it works for you, then I'm glad for you. That means you didn't waste money like me.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well call it what you will, but I'm pretty sure that the CPP has been officially mentioned as giving "enhanced camera controls".

Also the fact I'd much rather be able to lock-on with a single button as opposed to both L and R.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
lol wasn't trying to be snide at all so calm down :p. You said 'enhanced controls' and for me, that's not the case at all. If it works for you, then I'm glad for you. That means you didn't waste money like me.

Exactly, it's all just a matter of preference. Instead of telling people to "STAY AWAY FROM THE CPP", I'd just recommend that they test it out first before they buy it to make sure it's comfortable for them.

State

Awards
So anyone here have any zero tries on their DEMO? What actually happens when a DEMO hits zero?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I got a few left, I might go though them all tonight just to answer your question

Do it. I'd like to know what happens to any demo when you run out of uses. Does it just vanish? :eek:

I have 18 remaining for KH3D, and I was using them sparingly before I got Theatrhythm.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
"Congrats, you get the game for free"

lol wouldn't you be happy if that were to happen? xD

/false hopes

Oh my god, I would die of excitement. It makes sense, that way all the super fans who probably preordered get a free digital copy too! But it will never ever happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back