• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance - Happy 4th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I loved DDD when it originally came out, and it was the reason I bought a 3DS. It's my second favorite game in the series, and I cannot wait to play it again on console.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
remember when you guys were like "i hope traverse town had graffiti" AND IT DID. i never watched the hunchback of notre dame until recently so i'm executed to play my favorite game ever, for a second time, on my favorite console, with a new perspective.

i remember this day, my dad drove me down to gamestop, i picked up my MoM edition, opened it and popped DDD into my 3ds and played it on the way to the hospital to visit my mom. that day was so bittersweet.

redcrown

Awards
I feel like DDD did crush any remaining sense and logic of the lore, but did really well and brought hope with the character interactions, relationships, action, gameplay, world choices, and world exploration.

So yes it mishandled a few things but really did well with everything else.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I feel like DDD did crush any remaining sense and logic of the lore, but did really well and brought hope with the character interactions, relationships, action, gameplay, world choices, and world exploration.

So yes it mishandled a few things but really did well with everything else.

Heh, the series as a whole had always had a problem with presenting several parts of the lore in a comprehensible manner so DDD isn't really that outstanding in it.
Time Travel-stuff is generally a bit wonky for most people so that adds another layer but this is arguably the only severe problem with the logic and lore there as other concepts such as former Nobodies returning as full persons or everything being capable of having/growing a heart was at least hinted at throughout the whole series beforehand.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Heh, the series as a whole had always had a problem with presenting several parts of the lore in a comprehensible manner so DDD isn't really that outstanding in it.
Time Travel-stuff is generally a bit wonky for most people so that adds another layer but this is arguably the only severe problem with the logic and lore there as other concepts such as former Nobodies returning as full persons or everything being capable of having/growing a heart was at least hinted at throughout the whole series beforehand.
I'm still amused how, the one time something is explicitly explained, everyone is is confused.
I'll say at least time travel isn't exactly out of the blue, since time travel appeared in KHII thanks to Timeless River.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I remember when I first heard of it. I was so hyped but depressed seeing it was for the 3DS. So I watched the cutscenes of it and I was so incredibly happy Tron Legacy was in it and to see Riku in the world was awesome. I didn't know the TWEWY crew when I saw them and I was curious about who they were. After researching I found out the name of what game they were from and watched the whole game. Thank you DDD for making me also discover the amazing game TWEWY. =w=

WaveK89

The inner mechanisms of Nomura's mind are an enigma. I really did enjoy the game for all of it's worth even if the whole time travel thing threw me in for a loop. This is just a personal reason, but I hate that it's already been four years. I'm feeling old.

Nial

Awards
4 years already?! Damn, I can't really believe it.

I remember that they decided to not translate the game in my language (Italian) and people complained sooo much, things like "oh I do know English, but it's the principle that matters, so I'll not buy it!" and I was like "what the hell are you talking about", fun times.

Happy birthday DDD! I love you for all the Xemnas' monologues you gave us!

YukiYashaH

Awards
Whao 4 years? I remember screaming and buying my 3ds the next week it was announced! Hahhh it's probably my best KH title and mostly because of gameplay (FLOWMOTION!!!)
Happy Birthday, KH 3D! I'm so happy I bought a 3ds for it ;v;)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I remember back when the game released, I was chatting with a friend and suddenly another friend burst in on the chat and simply wrote
"ONLY RIKU GETS THE MASTER TITLE LOOOL FUCKERS".
Good ol' times...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
just think, we'll be able to experience our disdain and praise for this game all over again in 4 months

redcrown

Awards
That Fantasia world so good

The entire game could have taken place only in Fantasia and I would have been happy. I loved that world so much, especially how they had different areas and accompanying music for Sora and Riku.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back