• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance "Side Sora" Novel for June 28th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Square Enix e-STORE Updates with KH3D Novel: Side Sora!

What's happening, everyone? We've had a huge slew of news lately, so let's keep it going strong! Square Enix's e-STORE just updated with a page for the first Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] novel [Side Sora]! The book consists of a total of 242 pages and will cost 800円 (roughly $10.21 USD). No doubt there will be plenty of new information that isn't included in the game, so if you can read Japanese or are just a fan of collecting Kingdom Hearts merchandise, go check it out!

TerravsVentus

What's with Square-Enix and all of the novels? They seem to more prevalent these days...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't say they're more prevalent! There are novels for all the games, the first one came out in 2005. In fact all the games except Coded have multiple volumes each :3

If you're interested in reading fan translations, I've done a fair bit, and then here's a list of other fans who've had a go over the years.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
they're not important though (.)_(.)
i don't think there was something in the games that needed you to read the novels for explanation or referenced it in anyway

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually! There are lots of little things that get more explanation. For example, they Days novels explained the Snarl of Memories. The KH2 novels explained where Kairi's keyblade came from and what Axel, Namine and Riku and Saix were doing, as well as more Org scenes. In fact, things like the new FM+ scenes came from the novels.

They obviously aren't on the same level as game canon, but they are worth a read imo!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it also explained the whole Nobodies + Heartless = Somebody reborn thing, and it had Namine hinting at Axel's eventual return long before Days and BBS and Yen Sid's explanation. This was in the KH2 novels, if I'm not mistaken.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember reading some of what you guys are saying in the notes or logs(whatever they're called) that you collect throughout the games.But hey I guess you're right,they do have some extra tidbits to lookout for.

tbh I feel like i'm just looking for excuses to stop myself from reading those novels :|

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually! There are lots of little things that get more explanation. For example, they Days novels explained the Snarl of Memories. The KH2 novels explained where Kairi's keyblade came from and what Axel, Namine and Riku and Saix were doing, as well as more Org scenes. In fact, things like the new FM+ scenes came from the novels.

They obviously aren't on the same level as game canon, but they are worth a read imo!

I think it also explained the whole Nobodies + Heartless = Somebody reborn thing, and it had Namine hinting at Axel's eventual return long before Days and BBS and Yen Sid's explanation. This was in the KH2 novels, if I'm not mistaken.

They also expanded on Vanitas. Gave him some backstory that was well-received by people here(I believe)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remember reading some of what you guys are saying in the notes or logs(whatever they're called) that you collect throughout the games.But hey I guess you're right,they do have some extra tidbits to lookout for.

tbh I feel like i'm just looking for excuses to stop myself from reading those novels :|

Yes, and if it was in the games it was after the novels had been our for a while.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i dont even know where to find those books when they come out.. either way, with the MoM preorder, the nyan plush, and just everything that i want i'll basically be blowing all my savings... khdiehardorbust

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i dont even know where to find those books when they come out.. either way, with the MoM preorder, the nyan plush, and just everything that i want i'll basically be blowing all my savings... khdiehardorbust

Well they aren't in English. Tokyopop had planned to translate them, then they dropped it when they dropped a lot of other titles they had (and now Tokyopop doesn't even publish in the US anymore since they closed down here) then Disney Press said they were going to do it, but that also never happened. So you'd only ever find them in Japanese if you were to buy them.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well they aren't in English. Tokyopop had planned to translate them, then they dropped it when they dropped a lot of other titles they had (and now Tokyopop doesn't even publish in the US anymore since they closed down here) then Disney Press said they were going to do it, but that also never happened. So you'd only ever find them in Japanese if you were to buy them.

well thats both good and bad for me haaha

Radar

Bronze Member
I hope these novels go further in details about Young Xehanort, the other xehanorts he has been collecting, and other secrets not in the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Preview of Dream Drop Distance "Side Sora"

AwSuT2aCEAAmE6C.jpg

The twist is that it is "Side Lea" rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back