• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Eaters vs. Command Melding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey D. Rocky

I liked fighting with the Dream Eaters, but I didn't like how to have an ability you had to equip the right Dream Eater. Now Command Melding, when you max leveled a command you got to keep its ability forever. And the mystery of what command you were going to meld was awesome! So I have to say Command Melding!

zaqareemalcolm

Its only stat changing abilities (blue) that don't get kept if you switch your Dream Eaters. Frankly, I prefered that aspect because it involved some decision making over which Dream Eaters you should switch or keep, as well as balance the game more. In BBS, there wasn't any sort of "limiter" to the abilities themselves (ie. Like AP in KH and KH2) which meant there wasn't any point to switching them off (Unless you're the kind of guy who is like "Hey, I don't use Fire stuff that much. I'll switch off Fire Boost."

It was only a matter of time before you get easily overpowered as you keep melding with crystals and playing Command Board to level alot of Commands at once. It ALMOST ruins the game, which is why I prefer Dream Eaters. By the way, if you finsihed BBS without knowing what Commands you get from melding, you're doing it wrong :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As the previous speaker said, the main disadvantage with Command melding is that it is ridiculously overpowered bordering on unfair. The fact that you can meld everything right at the start combined with the command board allows your character to have high level commands easily already in the second or third world whereas in DDD you have to work for the stronger commands (even if it is just searching for the treasure chests they are in).
I know that it was supposed to be shown off that Terra, Aqua and Ventus are trained in Keyblade arts for years and therefore powerful, but by abusing the melding system you can basically break the game.

What I certainly do prefer from BBS though is that commands could level up and increase their power and/or range or decrease their load time.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I prefer Command Melding myself, in terms of unlocking abilities. Dream Eaters were unfortunately tedious in just about every aspect.

It also bothered me that stat abilities were tied to the Dream Eaters equipped, though I do understand why that was done, and it's probably best it was done that way.

Neither are perfect, and were either to make a return in some way, certain changes would have to be made. But I think Command Melding is the better, more interesting mechanic as it stands.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Both? :D

I like that you have to unlock commands from the Dream Eater's ability link because it gives me a good excuse to pet them and play with them(I like that they're unbelievably cute). Also, it makes obtaining abilities much more challenging and you end up spending more time playing. Thing is, the only commands that I'd like to obtain from the Ability Link are the commands like Once More, Leaf Bracer and other types of abilities.

When it comes to actual offensive commands, I prefer command melding because less research is actually required if you want to make a certain command. For example, when I played DDD, I obtained Blizzard, and when I visited the Moogle shop, I saw that they were selling Strike Raid. I got overexcited and bought it only to remember that I couldn't meld them together to make my favorite command(Blizzard Raid). In BBS, to get a command like Blizzard Raid, you only have to use simple logic. Blizzard+Raid= Blizzard Raid. But in DDD, you have to figure out which Spirit has that command in their ability link and how to get to that disposition. Also, I somehow feel that it's easier to get creative with command melding. I mean, yeah, the commands you can get are specific, but still, it makes me think "OH!! I want to zap my enemies when I do strike raid! Therefore I will make thunder raid!". As for obtaining commands via Commands Board, that one requires a lot of strategy and luck. I had such a hard time getting some commands in BBS because the dice didn't roll the way I needed it. So for the next game/s, I hope there's no Command Board or anything like it.

So in the next game, assuming there are Dream Eaters(which I highly doubt) or at least an ability link, I'd like that the commands obtained are only support abilities or stuff like special blocking. And if there's command melding, then yay. Command board, no.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Melding, though they should've made some commands unlockable exclusives rather than having them all available through melding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back