• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drive Forms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would YOU like to see Drive a forms return?

• Absolutely! Bring them back better than ever!!

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • I could care less...

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Nah, it wasn't that good.

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Simple and basic topic and question

Do YOU think the Drive Forms should return upgraded?

I loved all the drive forms and I thought all the different abilities, fighting styles and outfit changes made the game a heck of a lot more awesome!

I saw some really cool fan-made designs and colo schemes for new drive forms, and I think it would personally be cool to see some new ones, as well as maybe some upgrades to some from KH2. Maybe actually using light attacks? In Final form, it was the keyblades and Sora moving very fast, as though powered by light, but no shooting of light or anything, like in anti-form, he had that areal blast of darkness.

What do you think?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Re: Do YOU like this #4: Drive Forms

I think that yes, absolutely bring them back. They were just another cool thing that added to the combat, allowing for more technical and stylish moves. It was a cool concept too how they had drive forms being reflective of his relationship to his allies(donald, goofy, etc.) in battle. Like how Goofy was needed to bring out valor form and donald for wisdom, and both for master/final. I think that the drive forms should be brought back for use to Sora in KH3, the epic conclusion to the Xehanort saga. Just my thoughts

luna008

Re: The return of the drive forms?

yes!but i want more!and i want to be able to level them up a lot more then the orginals!also i want one of the abilites sora can get by leveling them up to be able to weild more then one keyblade outside of the drive mode even if its for a little bit.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

I'd welcome having the drive forms back. I know you didn't really need them to beat the game, but I had a lot of fun with them. Most of the time I just used them to mess around with their different ways to kill the enemies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I'm actually a bit disappointed that something to the effect of Drive forms isn't being incorporated into DDD. Whereas for Riku it clearly wouldn't make any sense as he doesn't have an extra Heart, as far as we know, which is necessary to dual wield, Sora is capable and I find it inexplicable that he would simply opt not to fight with two Keyblades given all of the benefits that follow. Dual wielding was a story mechanic as much as it was for the benefit of game play, so writing it out should require some real thought and exposition; disregarding the option entirely isn't really satisfactory, in my mind.

Riku/Sora-Rule

I'm actually a bit disappointed that something to the effect of Drive forms isn't being incorporated into DDD. Whereas for Riku it clearly wouldn't make any sense as he doesn't have an extra Heart, as far as we know, which is necessary to dual wield, Sora is capable and I find it inexplicable that he would simply opt not to fight with two Keyblades given all of the benefits that follow. Dual wielding was a story mechanic as much as it was for the benefit of game play, so writing it out should require some real thought and exposition; disregarding the option entirely isn't really satisfactory, in my mind.

Was it ever actually confirmed that he could duel wield because of Ven being within him? I mean in KH2 it was because of the clothes. The fairies even knew it would happen when he took the drive orb. In fact, as far as we know, that is the ONLY reason the keyblade chose Sora in the first place. So, duel wielding for sora isn't a story mechanic.

And the reason they are omitted from DDD is because they are stripped of their abilities and sent into the "dream realm" and sora has new clothes along with his original appearance, so through Disney magic the drive forms could return.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Was it ever actually confirmed that he could duel wield because of Ven being within him? I mean in KH2 it was because of the clothes. The fairies even knew it would happen when he took the drive orb. In fact, as far as we know, that is the ONLY reason the keyblade chose Sora in the first place. So, duel wielding for sora isn't a story mechanic.

And the reason they are omitted from DDD is because they are stripped of their abilities and sent into the "dream realm" and sora has new clothes along with his original appearance, so through Disney magic the drive forms could return.

yes it has been confirmed. A looooooooong time ago.
As for drive forms... eh they were cool but i only wamt to see them implemented as a last resort option

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

It would be awesome if they did a pre final form, or a final form, with Ven's form with all of the wind blades. Except Sora would use a bunch of key blades. I would love to be able to get the maxed out abilites too. Anti-Sora needs to be an official drive form as well.

Woah. Idea time. Say that Sora does grow a darkness within him... what if Square and Nomoura entertained the thought of a choice system. You have normal sora drive forms and then you have dark forms. Like each trade off or something. And then you have maybe inbetween forms. So somebody forms, Heartless forms, and then Nobody forms.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

It would be awesome if they did a pre final form, or a final form, with Ven's form with all of the wind blades. Except Sora would use a bunch of key blades. I would love to be able to get the maxed out abilites too. Anti-Sora needs to be an official drive form as well.

Woah. Idea time. Say that Sora does grow a darkness within him... what if Square and Nomoura entertained the thought of a choice system. You have normal sora drive forms and then you have dark forms. Like each trade off or something. And then you have maybe inbetween forms. So somebody forms, Heartless forms, and then Nobody forms.

i thonk thats a little too deep for something that (in theory) wouldnt be used much)

Love Machine

strut strut strut

I want to know who rigged the poll to make it seem like people actually liked them.

The only Drive I want to return is the Anti-Form thingy.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Was it ever actually confirmed that he could duel wield because of Ven being within him? I mean in KH2 it was because of the clothes.
No, that isn't the reason why. That doesn't properly explain why Roxas was able to dual-wield. Dual wielding is the act of utilizing two hearts chosen by the Keyblade at once, essentially. The clothes unlocked Sora's forms. Although I'm not sure why he was only able to dual-wield in a form (probably has to do with the manner in which an extra Heart would be accessed), he was able to do it only because of Ven's Heart's presence. (Furthermore, Ven's Heart had to be awakened, which explains why he couldn't dual-wield in KH1 as throughout the course of that game and most of Roxas's story, Ven's Heart was unconscious. Roxas managed to awaken it during his confrontation with Axel.)

Riku/Sora-Rule

No, that isn't the reason why. That doesn't properly explain why Roxas was able to dual-wield. Dual wielding is the act of utilizing two hearts chosen by the Keyblade at once, essentially. The clothes unlocked Sora's forms. Although I'm not sure why he was only able to dual-wield in a form (probably has to do with the manner in which an extra Heart would be accessed), he was able to do it only because of Ven's Heart's presence. (Furthermore, Ven's Heart had to be awakened, which explains why he couldn't dual-wield in KH1 as throughout the course of that game and most of Roxas's story, Ven's Heart was unconscious. Roxas managed to awaken it during his confrontation with Axel.)

no one rigged it lol, people like them lol

but here's the thing Roxas could duel wield because he had grown with the ability to use the keyblade his whole "life" but Xemnas had stripped away Sora's memory from within him and created Xion, so when Xion became one with Roxas, the ability doubled for him, you can't use "hearts" as an explanation for Roxas because he was a nobody, remember? they don't have hearts, and Xion was a creation altogether. Here's the thing if it was ever confirmed which I have no clue as to why it would be, I would ask to re-examine it because in KH2, wisdom form only had 1 keyblade and powered up his Magic by synching with donald, while Valor Form had 2 and formed with goofy as it doubled his power. I think that is what they were going for before they even thought of Ven and what happened to him. Plus, you have to account for the Faries' reaction to his transformation. if they weren't expecting it, they would have said something like "that wasn't our magic." instead we get "this journey is going to be twice as difficult as your last." so they intended for the second keyblade to assist sora throughout his journey.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

The Ventus/ two hearts theory is very plausible and sounds reasonable, I mean one would probly think that is a given regarding the story and everything. But there seems to be more/ and only evidence to supporting the dual wield through the clothes.

Gram

Banned
Awards

i actually dont want them back :/ damn things was useless cept for the last minute save and i didnt get the fun final form til the game was nealry freakin OVER! the whole time i wished i could just get the sync blade ability without the forms.

tho i wont lie Anti-form was my fav, nothing says awesomesauce like sora hanging from ledges by the foot.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

you can't use "hearts" as an explanation for Roxas because he was a nobody, remember? they don't have hearts
Roxas was an exceptional Nobody in that he didn't inhabit his Somebody's Body, didn't have their Soul and, furthermore, his Somebody was in existence at the same time he was. Roxas was also able to feel true emotions (which isn't possible without a Heart). It's been speculated and inferred that Roxas had Ven's Heart, but if he didn't it's almost certain that he was connecting remotely with Sora's (and, by extension, Ven's). It's the only way to explain his erratic behavior as a Nobody. Also, you can't use the Keyblade without a Heart (this has been confirmed). Xion's Keyblade was a fake, as Riku explained; it was a copy of Sora's. You may be right that Roxas was using it in his final battle with Riku in Days (although it's unclear), but if so, it wasn't the same as the extra Keyblade he was using in KH2; by that time, all traces of Xion were gone-- in order to use her Keyblade, he would have to remember her, which he clearly didn't.

I think that is what they were going for before they even thought of Ven and what happened to him.
Possibly, but this has no bearing on the present canon of the series. If Nomura decided to retcon this idea before it was even confirmed, that doesn't mean it still holds true. Even so, I believe that Nomura had a concept of Ven during his writing of KH2, as the requirement of two Hearts to dual-wield the Keyblade has been around for a long time as I remember.

And here's the quote from the Birth By Sleep Ultimania:

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus's as well as his own.
Hence, confirmation.

EDIT: Here's another quote which speaks to my point:

358/2 Days Ultimania said:

-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s?

Nomura: Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas. In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a “heart” to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora.
So, yes, Roxas was using Xion's Keyblade at the end of KH2, but that was only because there was a trace of her remaining within Roxas (Nomura addresses this earlier in the interview). Both of them are sharing power from Sora's Heart, and a Keyblade requires a Heart to be utilized.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

So, yes, Roxas was using Xion's Keyblade at the end of KH2, but that was only because there was a trace of her remaining within Roxas (Nomura addresses this earlier in the interview). Both of them are sharing power from Sora's Heart, and a Keyblade requires a Heart to be utilized.
lol how do we know it was xions? in that same quote there it says
Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade,

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

lol how do we know it was xions? in that same quote there it says
but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas.
He was just clarifying that it's not like Xion handed Roxas the Keyblade (in the way that Riku handed Kairi one, or the way Aqua used Eraqus's, or the way Riku used Xion's in that same fight); Roxas absorbed Xion and was able to use the Keyblade she had by extension (her Keyblade was "awakened" within him, which is a more intrinsic process). This would also explain why Riku gained memories of Xion back upon receiving the Keyblade from Roxas. It was essentially a remnant of her, lingering in the world, sustained by Roxas. When Riku captured Roxas and DiZ wiped his memories, Xion disappeared completely as the memories that constructed her returned to Sora, so her Keyblade disappeared as well (it was, again, just a copy of Sora's/Roxas's).

Gram

Banned
Awards

*3* how do you know he's clarifying such a context? maybe for once the infamous nomura was literal.
plus can one really inherit a false keyblade?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Disregarding any story reasons, I kind of think they were a bit too overpowered in KHII (I did like using them from time to time, but still).

However, I wouldn't mind them returning if they changed them to be more like a Command Style from BBS. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back