• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ds low quality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

starlocker

For all i've seen out of the scans, famitsu wasn't kind to 358/2 days and stirred up all the hype about bbs. Take the example of how they zoom-in on ds low resoution game play. If you just happen to zoom out it would look perffectly fine and not so pixlated. :? on tthe other hand bbs looks, quite exagerated; even though the psp has the power to generate those graphics there's no guarantee that it will appear as shown per image from the scans on the psp. There are no pixels to show (see crisis core ff7) which doesn't make it bad, its just that its brewing the perfect impression on those people called "graphics whores." I like the scans but I wished they were a bit fair with the ds, you know?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Eh, it's unfair, but it won't affect the masses. Days will still be a huge hit even with a few douche bags here and there whining about the graphics.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I guess as far as the background goes, yeah. 2D characters gives it a disadvantage in that war, however.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i really agree with TheMuffinMan. the graphics wouldn't matter too much... the graphics for 358/2 days look pretty amazing for the ds.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Hey as long as the gameplay is solid who gives a hoot about graphics? (though suffice to say cutscenes look phenominal)
The wii (for the most part) is doing it quite well and same goes for the DS, and hopefully the first KH title to hit the DS will do well ;)

Awards
I guess as far as the background goes, yeah. 2D characters gives it a disadvantage in that war, however.

Not when they look like this:

KHI06.jpg

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
That's zoomed in though, the pixels won't be nearly as clear on the actual DS screens.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
They'll save the best looking cg for the beginning and the end. It's tradition at this point.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
That's what I was talking about the whole time.
And I don't think RE:CoM has the CGI cutscenes at the start/end.

yeah. you're right. i've played re:chain of memories. it doesn't have those CGI graphics but more like cutscene graphics.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If you watch the video on IGN, then in-play graphics look really amazing. Not pixelish at all.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Not when they look like this:

KHI06.jpg

That's zoomed in though, the pixels won't be nearly as clear on the actual DS screens.

He's right. Try pressing Ctrl plus - (minus) a few times, you'll get an idea of what it will probably actually look like.

Or actually, let me save you the trouble:

kingdom-hearts-3582-days-20080808022613062.jpg

That screen hasn't been zoomed in at all. Doesn't look quite as bad now, does it?

Rix

:)
Awards
I think that the graphics look pretty good for a DS game :) But graphics isn't the first thing I care about anyways..

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
I think that the graphics look pretty good for a DS game :) But graphics isn't the first thing I care about anyways..

Agreed 100%. I've been playing DS for a while now and there have been games that try to do the whole 3D thing and from the ones i've played, this game looks like it's done the best job doing that. If anybody's played Zelda Phantom Hourglass, you'll know what i'm talking about. The graphics in that game were good, but very choppy looking, but from the gameplay video posted on the main page a while ago and the pics, this game looks like it's improved a whole lot. And as Rixam says, graphics aren't everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back