• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► DT Needs Some Very Important Advice.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Don't worry about it too much. I know it is an unnerving time right now, but that can be expected with any kind of medical disorder that is newly diagnosed. Since you can't afford the surgery, and you aren't too keen on the idea of pointy objects cutting through you, then I would suggest that you go with the mask. The thing you have to realize is that every kind of medical condition comes with a burden of responsibility that is placed on those afflicted. Unfortunately DT, you are now one of those afflicted, and you have to accept the fact that sounding like Darth Vader for a while is the best option for your current situation. On the bright side, you aren't even aware that you are wearing a mask while you sleep, and you only have to wear it while you sleep. You'll become adjusted to it, and it will soon become a normal routine. Until the surgery becomes available, then just go with the mask. If the surgery's risk outweighs the reward, then just keep using the mask.
-sigh- I hate to put it in such cut and dry terms, but that's the way it is when you got a potentially dangerous condition that you are now responsible for. You'll get through it.You have a whole forum full of people for support, and I am always open to hear the pissing and moaning of the beaten down if you need someone to spill to. But I am curious, why won't your insurance cover the surgery?

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
Don't worry about it too much. I know it is an unnerving time right now, but that can be expected with any kind of medical disorder that is newly diagnosed. Since you can't afford the surgery, and you aren't too keen on the idea of pointy objects cutting through you, then I would suggest that you go with the mask. The thing you have to realize is that every kind of medical condition comes with a burden of responsibility that is placed on those afflicted. Unfortunately DT, you are now one of those afflicted, and you have to accept the fact that sounding like Darth Vader for a while is the best option for your current situation. On the bright side, you aren't even aware that you are wearing a mask while you sleep, and you only have to wear it while you sleep. You'll become adjusted to it, and it will soon become a normal routine. Until the surgery becomes available, then just go with the mask. If the surgery's risk outweighs the reward, then just keep using the mask.
-sigh- I hate to put it in such cut and dry terms, but that's the way it is when you got a potentially dangerous condition that you are now responsible for. You'll get through it.You have a whole forum full of people for support, and I am always open to hear the pissing and moaning of the beaten down if you need someone to spill to. But I am curious, why won't your insurance cover the surgery?
i'm not sure if they will or not. to be truthful my parents handle that but it's more that i'm afraid of surgery. i've always hated sharp objects it's a phobia kind of thing. even if i'm asleep. it's before and after that i'm afraid. anyways i don't know what to do but i'm going to give it more time. besides i barely know what that surgery involves.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO SUPPORT ME HERE.

00 Raiser Fan

Surgeries are always painful, especially if it involves messing around with your nose, in which you're gonna have to endure all the pain from the wraps and bandages for weeks.
I say make your life easier and use the mask, afterall you'll be sleeping while putting it on, so its not like it'll be annoying you in anyway or making you feel uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back