• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

I am expecting the Keyblade Graveyard to appear in Dream Drop Distance. I will be shocked if it doesn't. I think Hollow Bastion will reappear as its original name: Radiant Garden. That's mostly because when Sora left the world for the final time in KH2, we learned that Radiant Garden was its original name.

I would love to see the Keyblade Graveyard but I'm not sure if they should have it in KH3D. I have a feeling it will definitely be in KH3 though.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

i wish for a chil actor to be sora again
[video=youtube;-0_zS308pTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_zS308pTc&feature=feedwll&list=WL[/video]

Zul

Awards

I would like to see the KB-GY properly expanded, I want to see more of the devastation, or perhaps even the Lingering Sentiment still there as a canon boss. It was too small in BBS compared to EotW and TWTNW.

Well for the most part I want to see the LS's reaction to Riku.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

No new character, please. We have enough.

I'm hoping for maybe some Riku KH1 cutscenes, to build development, since we never got to find out about his side of the story yet. And I'm kind of liking that Sora has no allies in the game. It's nice to get to play as just him. Oh, and no old worlds, except Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion. Maybe even the Keyblade Graveyard. And I'm hoping for some Ansem SOD scenes, too.

to be fair only 3 of those character were real people

Shire Folk

Maybe a whole 'historical' explanation as to why the Keyblade War started in the first place rather than the anecdotal story of Kairi's grandmother would be nice. Who the major players were, their motivations, what all happened, and what Xehanort really intends to achieve by starting a new one. I want to know the lore behind all of this and the Keyblade, and 3D might just be the place what with Sora and Riku becoming (hopefully) true Keyblade Masters. They'll be entitled to all of this information, as will us, without having to hunt for developer interviews.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Maybe a whole 'historical' explanation as to why the Keyblade War started in the first place rather than the anecdotal story of Kairi's grandmother would be nice. Who the major players were, their motivations, what all happened, and what Xehanort really intends to achieve by starting a new one. I want to know the lore behind all of this and the Keyblade, and 3D might just be the place what with Sora and Riku becoming (hopefully) true Keyblade Masters. They'll be entitled to all of this information, as will us, without having to hunt for developer interviews.

I personally doubt they'll go into that, though perhaps it might happen in KH3; I could very well be wrong, but I suspect Yen Sid knows less about the Keyblade War than MX. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's aware of some of the details, but as far as details go, MX is who I think we'd most likely get our answers from.

Magnum

Kairi's Grandmother explains the story behind the Keyblade Wars quite nicely. There were so many Keyblade Wielders fighting that I don't think there was any key characters. Their motivations were to obtain the χ-blade.

Shire Folk

But that can't be all there is to it can it? It couldn't be that they were all fighting over the X-blade just because. There had to be an instigator or a pivotal event that sparked the war. That's just too simple. And Kairi's Grandmother gives us the story of the light and how darkness crept into their hearts and how they all fought over the light, but that's all still an anecdote for the Keyblade War. Some had to have fought to protect the light, and others to take the light and its power for themselves. There has to be a bigger story behind it all, and I want to know the real one rather than make one up in a fanfic like I normally would otherwise.

Lore-buff at its finest...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But that can't be all there is to it can it? It couldn't be that they were all fighting over the X-blade just because. There had to be an instigator or a pivotal event that sparked the war. That's just too simple. And Kairi's Grandmother gives us the story of the light and how darkness crept into their hearts and how they all fought over the light, but that's all still an anecdote for the Keyblade War. Some had to have fought to protect the light, and others to take the light and its power for themselves. There has to be a bigger story behind it all, and I want to know the real one rather than make one up in a fanfic like I normally would otherwise.

Lore-buff at its finest...

But I don't think we need that to bog down the plot this saga. It would have been nice if the game series had started off with the knowledge that there was a war once in the past of that magnitude, but all we ever got was the tiny legend that wasn't even expanded on until BBS.

i wish for a chil actor to be sora again
[video=youtube;-0_zS308pTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_zS308pTc&feature=feedwll&list=WL[/video]

Honestly, if it is still KH2, just in his KH1 body, then there is no need to change his voice. I mean, if they need to, they can get HJO's sister to do lines, then change the pitch in her voice and make it sound deep which would be a successful younger Sora. Which they haven't thought of or haven't done so HJO is fine.

State

Awards

I've been thinking how flashy this game would be, but I didn't take the time to think how flashy and in-depth it would look in 3D. 0_o

Shire Folk

But I don't think we need that to bog down the plot this saga. It would have been nice if the game series had started off with the knowledge that there was a war once in the past of that magnitude, but all we ever got was the tiny legend that wasn't even expanded on until BBS.

I don't think it would necessarily bog the plot down too much. If it's mentioned in the actual story plot it could be a condensed version while the reports could focus on it. Heck, I read every data entry in FFXIII, which is a lot of info. Square's not shy about packaging all that stuff up in an in-game reference manual.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think it would necessarily bog the plot down too much. If it's mentioned in the actual story plot it could be a condensed version while the reports could focus on it. Heck, I read every data entry in FFXIII, which is a lot of info. Square's not shy about packaging all that stuff up in an in-game reference manual.

I wouldn't mind that. Reading reports is fine, and being condensed. -didn't even think about that-

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

Careful inclusion of the dream theme, and no inclusion of time travel. Inception a la Kingdom Hearts style, I guess.

I also want Rinoa to appear. It's about time she appears.

Also, less mindless button mashing plz.

UltimaJackpot

The only thing I hope is that they find a way to make the camera work well in situations involving precision platforming. Judging from the trailer, it looks like that actually might happen, as the camera seems to pan down a bit when Sora jumps (You can see it suring the segment where he's grinding around Traverse Town) so that you can actually see where you're going to land. A camera system like that would have helped immensely in other games. (Aqua's platforming Segment in Never Land comes to mind.)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Off the top of my head:

+ Incorporate new elements into battle without doing the sloppy way ala BBS.

+ Relying less on elements borrowed from other franchises (Command Board is not original, and is really just a lazy copout.)

+ Meaningful character growth progression where it doesn't feel like the protag is getting stronger because their hitting shit faster and harder. KH1's battle system worked so well because the abilities you learned were meaningful additions to experiment with in your repertoire and opened up your strategy instead of simplifying it.

+ Make the higher difficulty levels actually more difficult. (Critical BBS is still easy as shit.)

+ Level design that accentuates the vibrant and colorful Disney worlds rather than making them feel like a series of connected caves.

+ Make the world feel populated and lived in. (Doesn't need a ton of NPCs, but this can be accomplished in creative ways.) A HD console version of this game will feel even more barren if they don't follow through with this.

+ The story needs to be clear and concise, with additional scenarios being supplementary rather than extended cuts. The players need to understand the gravitas of the backstory before they can form an emotional connection to where the plot goes. You need to have the big picture and the over-arcing narrative of the series in mind here, and telling it in a few disjointed chapters does not help you at all.

+ Do not split up the story between more than one protagonist's scenario. BBS was a fractured mess when you play through it, only after going through the story as a whole does it have an impact. The relationship between Sora and Riku needs to blend into each other rather than have them trudge through the plot alone with few meaningful intersections.

+ Make the melodrama a little more subtle and meaningful rather than drawn-out and over-embellished. I don't mind emotional, brooding characters for the most part. Just clearly establish why that is and move on.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

Wow waa theor anythong you did like about BBS?

I suppose id like for a ton of new worlds, preferably Pixar ones.

Zul

Awards

Off the top of my head:

+ Make the higher difficulty levels actually more difficult. (Critical BBS is still easy as shit.)

Critical mode's "method" of difficulty is the problem. They tried to make MF hard by pretty much making all of his moves one-hit-kills. This, instead of delivering a difficult boss, broke your right thumb and the PsP square key. There needs to be more to a boss than needing to mash dodge roll.

I'd say the whole idea of mashing a key to achieve permanent, uninterrupted i-frames is ridiculous and should never touch a game again.

+ Make the world feel populated and lived in. (Doesn't need a ton of NPCs, but this can be accomplished in creative ways.) A HD console version of this game will feel even more barren if they don't follow through with this.

How would it be done? Rabanastre style? Those are the only two ways I can think of, either add NPCs, or add "population", non-talkable npcs that are there just to show that the world has people. I think Assassins Creed had over 300 different models just for that purpose.

localorange

Off the top of my head:

+ Make the melodrama a little more subtle and meaningful rather than drawn-out and over-embellished. I don't mind emotional, brooding characters for the most part. Just clearly establish why that is and move on.

A bit fat THIS on these two counts. I didn't know if I should have laughed or twitched in irritation when the Duke in Castle of Dreams said to Terra, "oh, and the guests were having so much fun!" after Terra beat the boss in the ballroom. And then there was the Emperor talking to Mulan and SDG at the end of SDG's first visit. Half of the magnificence of the part where the Emperor lectures Mulan and she thinks she's going to get punished but she's actually rewarded in the end is where the entire crowd bows to Mulan.

Watch from 7:09. It just magnifies the moment. Here's a girl defying cultural norms to save an entire nation, and you have the emperor and thousands and thousands of people bowing in front of her to magnify the thanks of the emperor. And trust me, it would have been a seriously memorable moment for SDG as well. The expression on Sora's face if there really were millions of people bowing in front of him? Utterly priceless. And yet...the courtyard in front of the Imperial Palace in KH2 is empty. *sighs*

And as far as the melodrama....I'm being optimistic when I say that the KH franchise is starting to look like a soap opera. I bet there are people here that already think it is a soap opera. So yes please, make the angst a little bit more subtle.

Realm Walker

Take out the information bar.

Zul

Awards

Take out the information bar.

That thing that tells you to "defeat Xehanort!" when the only possible conclusion one could arrive at seeing Xehanort charge at you with his weapon is "defeat xehanort?" YES.

You reminded me that thing was there, and I have no damn clue why they would put it there, there are maybe 1-2 fights in the whole game that the thing ends up being remotely, situationally useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back