• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

localorange

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

That thing that tells you to "defeat Xehanort!" when the only possible conclusion one could arrive at seeing Xehanort charge at you with his weapon is "defeat xehanort?" YES.

You reminded me that thing was there, and I have no damn clue why they would put it there, there are maybe 1-2 fights in the whole game that the thing ends up being remotely, situationally useful.

I can think a few off of the top of my head from KH2, and they all happened near the end of the game in TWTNW:

(1) The whole Reactor Core thing
(2) The moving Xemnas (round 3 of the Xemnas fight?)
(3) When you get to play as Riku for a brief moment in the final round.

But everything else is all...yeah. When I see someone like Shan-Yu leering at Sora and co with his sword, I get that I have to defeat him, XDD.

Zul

Awards
Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

Right, they had the info box for every BBS fight this time though.

Xehanort- Defeat Xehanort!

Terranort- Defeat Xehanort and get back your body!

Terranort 2- Defeat Xehanort and break his hold over Terra!

Maybe there is a way to shut it off :s Meh it doesn't matter now, it appears for like two seconds then goes away, still good to remove in the next game though.

Realm Walker

Right, they had the info box for every BBS fight this time though.

Xehanort- Defeat Xehanort!

Terranort- Defeat Xehanort and get back your body!

Terranort 2- Defeat Xehanort and break his hold over Terra!

Maybe there is a way to shut it off :s Meh it doesn't matter now, it appears for like two seconds then goes away, still good to remove in the next game though.

I heard you can take it out in BBS (didn't play much of it).

But yes, it really is an insult to intelligence when it shows up, and all you have to do is defeat Heartless/the boss.

Zul

Awards

Makes me wonder if Square thinks that the KH fanbase is mostly new younger fans and thus needs to put that type of information(that a 5 year old wouldn't need) instead of a bunch of us jaded grumpies.

Shire Folk

Off the top of my head:
+ Make the higher difficulty levels actually more difficult. (Critical BBS is still easy as shit.)

I don't completely agree with you there on the difficulty for Critical Mode. I will say that killing the base Unversed was relatively easy. It was a challenge at first, but it was still pretty doable. Due to the ease of killing the Unversed, it downplayed the actual difficulty and that was the boss battles. While I could plough through the Unversed easy enough, I wiped endlessly in boss fights until I made it standard practice to outlevel the world by eight-ten before engaging the final boss.

+ Level design that accentuates the vibrant and colorful Disney worlds rather than making them feel like a series of connected caves.

+ Make the world feel populated and lived in. (Doesn't need a ton of NPCs, but this can be accomplished in creative ways.) A HD console version of this game will feel even more barren if they don't follow through with this.

I agree with you here in that the worlds we've been to recently don't really feel as if there is anyone really there. KH1 had it work best with its worlds. In Deep Jungle there was Sabor, Tarzan, Jane, Clayton, and the gorillas. The Professor wasn't there, and neither was Tantor, but the world was colourful enough and felt like the jungle in the film, especially with Sabor being a nice multi-fight sub-boss. And those worlds that didn't require a repertoire of characters didn't have them (such as Hollow Bastion), but Traverse Town's 1st District (which you would expect to have a number of people walking around the town's 'safe zone') did.

+ Do not split up the story between more than one protagonist's scenario. BBS was a fractured mess when you play through it, only after going through the story as a whole does it have an impact. The relationship between Sora and Riku needs to blend into each other rather than have them trudge through the plot alone with few meaningful intersections.

I don't think that not splitting up the story is a good idea if it needs to be split up. BBS worked in my mind because as you went through the story you saw it all from one character's perspective, and you heard tidbits about what the others were doing. Hearing something about what the others were doing without actually knowing was a lure to go into the other stories and see what Ventus or Aqua were up to and why they were acting the way that they were, while knowing while the one you'd chosen was acting as he/she was. The whole point was to not understand everything until you'd seen it all from all three points of view, and even then there were still questions that still need answering.

If I can draw another parallel from another game, I would call up World of Warcraft and how you play between one of two Factions, Alliance and Horde, and of six playable races within each Faction. Each Faction has it's own questline and it's own story that weaves into the greater Warcraft universe. There's also a moment in Wrath of the Lich King expansion that I know that I didn't get quite the emotional impact because I play Alliance so I never got that side of the story. Before Cataclysm, some of the starting quests for Forsaken Horde players involved a new plague Grand Apothecary Putress was developing, and afterwards it was never touched upon again. Then at Angrathar the Wrathgate, Putress shows up with catapults filled with this plague and betrays EVERYONE and all people who rolled a Forsaken got this huge "Oh shit, we did that!" moment.

You can't get a player reaction in some cases unless you do split the story up. Sure, it would be segregating everyone who didn't play through that character's story until they go and do it, but it also gives them that carrot on a string. If someone played Ventus or Aqua first, wanting to know what happened to Eraqus would be a prime motivator in playing Terra's scenario, and for those who played Terra, wanting revenge on Xehanort for delivering the final blow to Eraqus and for influencing Terra to do something like that in the first place was a good hook to drive them on to endgame.

Shire Folk

A bit fat THIS on these two counts. I didn't know if I should have laughed or twitched in irritation when the Duke in Castle of Dreams said to Terra, "oh, and the guests were having so much fun!" after Terra beat the boss in the ballroom. And then there was the Emperor talking to Mulan and SDG at the end of SDG's first visit. Half of the magnificence of the part where the Emperor lectures Mulan and she thinks she's going to get punished but she's actually rewarded in the end is where the entire crowd bows to Mulan.

Watch from 7:09. It just magnifies the moment. Here's a girl defying cultural norms to save an entire nation, and you have the emperor and thousands and thousands of people bowing in front of her to magnify the thanks of the emperor. And trust me, it would have been a seriously memorable moment for SDG as well. The expression on Sora's face if there really were millions of people bowing in front of him? Utterly priceless. And yet...the courtyard in front of the Imperial Palace in KH2 is empty. *sighs*

I'd prefer to watch from the beginning, or at least 6:20, but I recall that the crowd was gone throughout most of it until right as the Emperor bowed to Mulan. However, I found numerous things at fault with that scene in the game. There weren't any smoke clouds that eloquently parted as the Emperor made his way towards 'us', and he didn't look all that disapproving throughout the entire thing nor did his voice rise angrily. And the final thing was that I found his words with Shang to be subpar.

Emperor KH2 said:
"Thank you? Is that all, Captain? If you wish to win the heart of Fa Mulan, China's bravest woman, you'll have to be a bit more eloquent than that."

Does not beat.

Emperor Mulan said:
"The flower that blooms in adversity, is often the most rare and beautiful of all."

"Sir?"

(With disapproving look and tone) "You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty!"

And this brings up another point that I had been thinking about making a topic on. Watch from 5:25 onward in this vid.

[video=youtube;PQKGSgMBWns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKGSgMBWns&feature=related[/video]

Now watch this one.

[video=youtube;HB3ltQ6-K0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3ltQ6-K0s&feature=related[/video]

Where's our epic music? I understand that Kingdom Hearts has its own music to play, but is it really that hard to get the music from the Disney films they're doing and play the music that ran during the film's epic moments? I don't get the same emotional response seeing the scene in Kingdom Hearts as I do in Mulan, and that's in part to the epic scene music not being there. That scene in Land of Dragons could have been done better if there was the deep ominous bleating of the horns and drums or the epic hopeful note the horns and strings take up when Mulan snatches the canon from Yao.

Could we get the right music please?

localorange

I'd prefer to watch from the beginning, or at least 6:20, but I recall that the crowd was gone throughout most of it until right as the Emperor bowed to Mulan. However, I found numerous things at fault with that scene in the game. There weren't any smoke clouds that eloquently parted as the Emperor made his way towards 'us', and he didn't look all that disapproving throughout the entire thing nor did his voice rise angrily. And the final thing was that I found his words with Shang to be subpar.

And this brings up another point that I had been thinking about making a topic on. Watch from 5:25 onward in this vid.

[video=youtube;PQKGSgMBWns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKGSgMBWns&feature=related[/video]

Now watch this one.

[video=youtube;HB3ltQ6-K0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3ltQ6-K0s&feature=related[/video]

Where's our epic music? I understand that Kingdom Hearts has its own music to play, but is it really that hard to get the music from the Disney films they're doing and play the music that ran during the film's epic moments? I don't get the same emotional response seeing the scene in Kingdom Hearts as I do in Mulan, and that's in part to the epic scene music not being there. That scene in Land of Dragons could have been done better if there was the deep ominous bleating of the horns and drums or the epic hopeful note the horns and strings take up when Mulan snatches the canon from Yao.

Could we get the right music please?

As someone who was in band from age 9 until I graduated from high school at 18 (and a marching band alumni), you've got my support on this 100% + 9,000. While I understand that getting some of the epic disney music would probably involve making contracts with the composers...it still shouldn't be very hard. (and if it doesn't, then there's really no excuse). There's a select set of composers Disney usually picks for their movies. For Mulan, that guy was James Newton Howard. I say get a contract with Alan Menken and we've got ourselves a better game already (I know he did Tangled at the very least as far as recent Disney movies go). (Hanz Zimmer would be my dream but hey, we can't have everything, lol.)

DarkBladeXIII

what i want from DDD.... hmmm many things i suppose.
but at the Top of the list, no more ruining epic disney moments ( anyone else cringe in fear at the hakuna matata bit in KHII?)
Also i suppose to that end more time based on original worlds, like twilight town.
bring back the reaction commands!
um 3 secret bosses, one easy, one not so easy and a a=guy who has basic attacks but cant be beat unless you obtain a keyblade from one of the last two secret bosses. sounds like too much? i dont think so

localorange

what i want from DDD.... hmmm many things i suppose.
but at the Top of the list, no more ruining epic disney moments ( anyone else cringe in fear at the hakuna matata bit in KHII?)

I was too busy cringing at Scar to worry about the Hakuna Matata bit *shudders* Oh, what an awesome villain gone to waste in KH2. I know the Scar fight was Simba's to deal with but....honestly. :/

DarkBladeXIII

I was too busy cringing at Scar to worry about the Hakuna Matata bit *shudders* Oh, what an awesome villain gone to waste in KH2. I know the Scar fight was Simba's to deal with but....honestly. :/
IKR! hes not the only one, Hades looks like a right prat when you fight hi (ok yeah hes fine when hes attacking) but when he says "alrite thats it" and does his arm movement thing he looks like a homosexual! i suppose gaston in beasts world would do that but Hades?!?! restore the godly villain to his prime SE!

Shire Folk

IKR! hes not the only one, Hades looks like a right prat when you fight hi (ok yeah hes fine when hes attacking) but when he says "alrite thats it" and does his arm movement thing he looks like a homosexual! i suppose gaston in beasts world would do that but Hades?!?! restore the godly villain to his prime SE!

Oh cripes, PLEASE don't make Judge Claud Frollo like that! I want Frollo to remain Frollo!! He's basically the last epic Disney Villain they haven't screwed over yet besides Gaston (but Gaston didn't make an appearance last time and the curse has lifted) and Shere Khan.

Realm Walker

As long as we're talking about Disney Villains, I want Maleficent to rise from her Badass Decay.

DarkBladeXIII

Oh cripes, PLEASE don't make Judge Claud Frollo like that! I want Frollo to remain Frollo!! He's basically the last epic Disney Villain they haven't screwed over yet besides Gaston (but Gaston didn't make an appearance last time and the curse has lifted) and Shere Khan.

I dunno shere Khan was ok, a little too laid back for a tiger but he had a kickass air about him, i still say he shouldve ripped mowgli apart tho.
and going back to that post about crowds and bowing, more crowds please! i KHII at the start of the game i noticed a few times that couldve done with extra people. the struggle tournament about 20 people and that was it, when the people come off the train when they go looking for the ghost train, amongst others. i mean they can do it. in the land of dragons you had countless heartless swarming about ( even thought there were like 15 in the Cutscene) and in hollow bastion, the 1000 heatless slaughter moment. Cmon square get it together!!

localorange

I expect and demand fighting Shere Kahn to be like a massively upgraded version of fighting Sabor. And they better get a voice actor that's on point with him (unlike Barbossa and Scar). One of the things that I loved the best about Shere Kahn is his attitude.

He's got this delicious attitude of "drop-everything-and-pay-attention-to-me-NOW" without being a stereotypical diva about it. And his accent just makes everything SO much better.

DarkBladeXIII

He's got this delicious attitude of "drop-everything-and-pay-attention-to-me-NOW" without being a stereotypical diva about it. And his accent just makes everything SO much better.
exactly what i meant! Kudos for putting it better though

Mog

Awards

Ahem, a mixture of KH, KH2 & BBS battle systems,which include accessories, more abilities from the original games, keyblades with special abilities(BBS lacked this), when you get hit by an enemy I want the character portrait to grimace like in KH1 and KH2(BBS again lacked this),the d-link system should be revived, but to a whole new level, E.g The tigger d-link would give you incredible agility and you would be able to bounce around on your keyblade pwning heartless.

3 seperate scenarios(Aqua,Mickey,Apprentice Xehanort) which begin when the other ends. No retarded setup like there was in BBS, finishing one character starting from scratch and so forth, this method must be abolished.
The obtainment of the KKD and Way to dawn must be shown, how Mickey & Riku got their Org. Coats, Mickey meeting DiZ for the first time, the fall of Radiant garden and the formation of Org. 13, the remaining somebodies, Aqua visiting the fallen worlds, maybe a scene with Master Xehanort, Terra & Eraqus. The secret ending should be a preview of KH3.

Zul

Awards

As long as we're talking about Disney Villains, I want Maleficent to rise from her Badass Decay.

I don't know how one goes about fighting Villain Decay, they completely ignored the fact that they turned her into a joke in KH2 and decided to turn her into even more of a joke in Re:Coded.

Realm Walker

Multicolored health bars!

.Oji

赤いテキスト

As someone who was in band from age 9 until I graduated from high school at 18 (and a marching band alumni), you've got my support on this 100% + 9,000. While I understand that getting some of the epic disney music would probably involve making contracts with the composers...it still shouldn't be very hard. (and if it doesn't, then there's really no excuse). There's a select set of composers Disney usually picks for their movies. For Mulan, that guy was James Newton Howard. I say get a contract with Alan Menken and we've got ourselves a better game already (I know he did Tangled at the very least as far as recent Disney movies go). (Hanz Zimmer would be my dream but hey, we can't have everything, lol.)

Yes, I'd definitely prefer something more orchestral:

I think Shimomura could pull it off, though. Her Drammatica stuff is quite good. Wouldn't mind something more akin to her piano stories stuff either.

The whole damn world was a huge waste of potential; I'm still pretty salty about it. T^T

Too late.

She's too far gone, too much of a joke, to rise from anything at this point, which is a crying shame.

DarkBladeXIII

The whole damn world was a huge waste of potential; I'm still pretty salty about it. T^T

Too late.

She's too far gone, too much of a joke, to rise from anything at this point, which is a crying shame.

lol you mean your still sour right?
I dunno if malificent has fallen that far if they can, revive her in KH3 and make her pwn as one of the hardest darkest and most kickass boss, without any bull, then yeah she may just come back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back