• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmnmaster0603

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

-How about a final boss that actually stands a challenge? So far, I haven't been given a challenge with the final boss (except Terranort 1 & 2).
-A secret boss that actually makes sense why you're fighting him/her/it and why it applies to the story.
-New worlds. (duh!)
-A GREAT secret movie.
-ONLINE multiplayer.
-Fully intractable environments (like KH1 and BBS).
-No irrelevant side quests.
-The storyline to be non-confusing (well, that's impossible).
-More allies.
-More WTF?! moments.

NotaHero21

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

Well I think at the very least you can be sure that the environment will be much more interactive then any of KH games

LordPhantomhive

Awards

Um from what I can think of now:
  • Have the Notre Dame World be as dark as the movie.
  • Most of the worlds being new (it looks like that will be the case).
  • If they bring back the Command Deck then improve it with maybe more command stuff and a even better melding system.
  • Make Sora less annoying.

Shire Folk

Let's see I would like to see the following

New worlds (although this ones a given)
Return of the Keyblade Riders (give them Gummi Ship esque sequences)
Using stuff in the worlds to progress (ala sticking your keyblade in a keyhole to unlock doors)
Keeping the BBS/RE:Coded command system
Sora and Riku in their KH 2 outfits (at least give them to us as unlockables)
Return of the Mirage Areana
Create your own Keyblade feature
Trophies
Return of the summons
Return of D Linking
At least a 40 hour quest
Donald and Goofy helping Sora
King Mickey as a playable character
Kingdom hearts 3 secret ending movie

Yep that about does it.

^That^. Except that for the battle system, while I found it very enjoyable, also let me down a little and I also really liked the battle system in KH2 with the reaction commands and the fully customizable L-circle-triangle-square-x system to hotkey spells and items. It seems more natural to me that way. Yes, Sora can learn quite a number of spells or special attacks, but that he would only use a select few of them seems a lot more realistic and believable (in a Dungeons and Dragons kind of way).

Let me try and be more detailed. I liked the combat in BBS, but I found it lacking that there was a recharge timer on everything except for attack. Even for a simple spell like Fire for Aqua there was a recharge timer, and Aqua's the best mage of the team. I liked KHII and KHI in that they were closer to FF in which your character has HP and MP. Spells and spell-like abilities (like Explosion) should require mana or otherwise mental/physical energy in order to be cast, rather than being set on a recharge timer. Also, in KHI and KHII Sora learned a large number of spells like Stop, Slow, Magnet, Gravity, Fire, Aero, and Reflect, but it would make sense that you can only hotkey 3-4 of them at a time while you'd also be able to access any of them under the magic menu. A battle-mage who knows fifty spells isn't going to go into a combat situation without having a few spells prepared at the very forefront of his mind as his go-to or fallback spells.

At the same time, I liked how I could just attack and then seamlessly use Sliding Dash followed by Aerial Slam, followed by something else or a combo finisher.

So, I guess I'm suggesting a merging of the two. Keep all the physical attacks and Keyblade abilities like they were in BBS and Re:Coded, while giving back the MP and L+Square (Thundaga), L+Circle (Firaga), L+Triangle (Reflega), L+X (Curaga), L+Start (Polymorph to turn all Heartless into harmless SHEEP, please?) for spellcasting.

And reaction commands. Nothing was cooler than dueling Samurai and suddenly Zantetsukening them.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

The one thing I'm hoping about KH3D is that each region or country gets different bonus content in their version of KH3D, and then everyone gets a chance to use all of the content in the First International Final Mix for a Kingdom Hearts game......

And for the title "Dream Drop Distance" to have a relevent meaning to the overall plot of the game.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

^That^. Except that for the battle system, while I found it very enjoyable, also let me down a little and I also really liked the battle system in KH2 with the reaction commands and the fully customizable L-circle-triangle-square-x system to hotkey spells and items.

And to be fair, that is why I praise Birth by Sleep's system. KH2's battle system felt old, creaky and didn't mix up to try anything new. Birth by Sleep offered something new and the mix of magic and attacks made everyone try out new things. For example, Zero Gravity was so comparable with so many offensive moves, especially when used with Thunder. For that, it really wanted me to try out some new tactics.

Let me try and be more detailed. I liked the combat in BBS, but I found it lacking that there was a recharge timer on everything except for attack

The recharge system is a good alternative to the MP system. In the process, magic could be strengthen a lot [though it was still a bit weak I might add] and it still didn't have that low resources problem. In fact, it probably made a lot of people use magic because they didn't have to bother about MP resources.

A battle-mage who knows fifty spells isn't going to go into a combat situation without having a few spells prepared at the very forefront of his mind as his go-to or fallback spells.

Except KH1 and KH2 weren't like that. Actually, KH1 had a few useful moves I changed up... but that was rare. KH2's moveset were almost useless except Cure and Reflect.
At the same time, I liked how I could just attack and then seamlessly use Sliding Dash followed by Aerial Slam, followed by something else or a combo finisher.

That is why I absolutely hate KH2's battle system. The fact it is so fucking dumbed down where mashing X gets you to do all these crazy moves just turned me off. It's why I love Birth by Sleep's battle system. The fact is that it gives me them as abilities and I can choose to use them whilst in conjuction with the attacks made it a winner for me.

And reaction commands. Nothing was cooler than dueling Samurai and suddenly Zantetsukening them.

Oh if you like quick time events where it was shoehorned in every possible moment in KH2, then sure. it's cool. At least Birth by Sleep realised that reaction commands were good with a few select abilities and were placed nicely in boss battles.

Oh yeah. To let you know. I hate Kingdom Hearts II with all of my hate. It is that one game that made me so pessimistic towards the series.

DanX

^ Um (don't know how to quote specific sentences) but what the hell? KH2 was my favourite of the series even more entertaining then BBS to me. You could also say that is just my personal opinion but KH2 has gotten the highest average score out of any game in the series aswell even more then KH1. What's so bad about a few quicktime events where you press triangle? Haters gon' hate.

Digidude111

^ Um (don't know how to quote specific sentences) but what the hell? KH2 was my favourite of the series even more entertaining then BBS to me. You could also say that is just my personal opinion but KH2 has gotten the highest average score out of any game in the series aswell even more then KH1. What's so bad about a few quicktime events where you press triangle? Haters gon' hate.

actually, kh2 got a 7, which is the lowest score of any game in the series. but i have to agree i dont understand why everyone hates that game. to me, for some reason, if that was the true ending to the series, it seemed like a perfect ending.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

^ Um (don't know how to quote specific sentences) but what the hell?

btw, you can quote and cut out sentences by highlighting and copy/paste, then press the speech bubble icon.

KH2 was my favourite of the series even more entertaining then BBS to me.

And that is your opinion. But for me, I absolutely despise KH2 and consider it to be the worse. I also think that KH2 bring in some shitty fans who makes nomura shit on the series even more, but I digress. That probably happens for a lot of franchises.

You could also say that is just my personal opinion but KH2 has gotten the highest average score out of any game in the series aswell even more then KH1

When someone like IGN can even say KH2 is worse than KH1, that's got to be pretty hilarious. Heck, a shitty website who gives high-rating to nearly every big blockbuster or popular game... rated a sequel lower than the original. Wow, if I was in charge of KH2, even I'd be insulted.

What's so bad about a few quicktime events where you press triangle?

The fact that it is a fucking lazy design and really broke up the pace of the battle.

Haters gon' hate.

Do you want my boot up your anal region? Because when you use the term 'haters gon' hate' and anything similar, then you automatically lose what you're trying to tell me and need a boot up your anal region or a pitchfork in your abdomen.

DanX

actually, kh2 got a 7, which is the lowest score of any game in the series. but i have to agree i dont understand why everyone hates that game. to me, for some reason, if that was the true ending to the series, it seemed like a perfect ending.

Wait, wait wait, a 7 from who IGN? Check out Metacritic and its score is 87 which is highest in the series on metacritic. But I guess you can prefer its score from one source to another.

Shire Folk

And to be fair, that is why I praise Birth by Sleep's system. KH2's battle system felt old, creaky and didn't mix up to try anything new. Birth by Sleep offered something new and the mix of magic and attacks made everyone try out new things. For example, Zero Gravity was so comparable with so many offensive moves, especially when used with Thunder. For that, it really wanted me to try out some new tactics.

The recharge system is a good alternative to the MP system. In the process, magic could be strengthen a lot [though it was still a bit weak I might add] and it still didn't have that low resources problem. In fact, it probably made a lot of people use magic because they didn't have to bother about MP resources.

Except KH1 and KH2 weren't like that. Actually, KH1 had a few useful moves I changed up... but that was rare. KH2's moveset were almost useless except Cure and Reflect.

That is why I absolutely hate KH2's battle system. The fact it is so fucking dumbed down where mashing X gets you to do all these crazy moves just turned me off. It's why I love Birth by Sleep's battle system. The fact is that it gives me them as abilities and I can choose to use them whilst in conjuction with the attacks made it a winner for me.

Oh if you like quick time events where it was shoehorned in every possible moment in KH2, then sure. it's cool. At least Birth by Sleep realised that reaction commands were good with a few select abilities and were placed nicely in boss battles.

Oh yeah. To let you know. I hate Kingdom Hearts II with all of my hate. It is that one game that made me so pessimistic towards the series.

I respect your opinions. To repeat, I liked BBS' battle system. I really did like it. I just mourned the loss of MP and hotkeying. Really I just want MP and hotkeying magic spells (fire/blizzard/thunder/aero/EXPLOSION (Explosion is SO a magic spell and should never have been a mere common combo finisher)) back. Apart from that, keep the system we're using now.

Magnum

I respect your opinions. To repeat, I liked BBS' battle system. I really did like it. I just mourned the loss of MP and hotkeying. Really I just want MP and hotkeying magic spells (fire/blizzard/thunder/aero/EXPLOSION (Explosion is SO a magic spell and should never have been a mere common combo finisher)) back. Apart from that, keep the system we're using now.

I agree with this. I would like to see the return of the MP bar.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

i have a bad feeling they will not include the cathedral part of the hunchback of Notre Dame
i really hope they dont censor it out

Awards

Separating magic attacks with MP is an archaic model, because it relegates magic to having limited use. If you run out of magic, but have an unlimited supply of physical attacks, why bother with magic aside from cure and defense related spells?

BbS did a great job of integrating magic and physical attacks into one system. I used magic more than I ever did in the KH series.

Also, the only reason why there was no hotkeying in BbS is because there wasn't enough buttons. No R2.
In the future, it'd be nice to hotkey commands in order to string together unique combos.

Shire Folk

Separating magic attacks with MP is an archaic model, because it relegates magic to having limited use. If you run out of magic, but have an unlimited supply of physical attacks, why bother with magic aside from cure and defense related spells?

You mean you never Thundaga spammed or used Firaga right at the end of a melee combo and burnt Heartless to extra crispy? Or went into Master/Final and Thundaga spammed? I would use up pretty much the entire MP bar as well as using physical attacks before I'd touch Cure, unless I was really hurting. But maybe that's just because I like magic. Heck, I like it so much that I play a Ranger/Transmutation Mage in Dungeons and Dragons.

metrifyx

Let's see I would like to see the following

New worlds (although this ones a given)
Return of the Keyblade Riders (give them Gummi Ship esque sequences)
Using stuff in the worlds to progress (ala sticking your keyblade in a keyhole to unlock doors)
Keeping the BBS/RE:Coded command system
Sora and Riku in their KH 2 outfits (at least give them to us as unlockables)
Return of the Mirage Areana
Create your own Keyblade feature
Trophies
Return of the summons
Return of D Linking
At least a 40 hour quest
Donald and Goofy helping Sora
King Mickey as a playable character
Kingdom hearts 3 secret ending movie

Yep that about does it.

This, so much. I'm getting really tired of just getting Keyblades that are a little more powerful than the last. I don't want there to be one "best" Keyblade, either. There needs to be more customization when it comes to the battle system. BBS was a major improvement with the Command Deck, but it's not there yet. I still feel like there's not much to the system. All you have to do is equip the best commands and Keyblade, then spam the triangle, x, and shotlocks. Of course, there are ways to limit yourself, but limits aren't innovative or fun. I want the battle system to be creative and unique - for no battle configuration to be the same, and to constantly be able to mix up your battle style without becoming any weaker. However, I wonder if this is even possible without the system getting convoluted. How much can you include before it's just overwhelming? Still, the idea of a Keyblade-creating or Keychain-melding system excites me to no end.

In addition, I hope to see use of the stereoscopic and gyroscopic capabilities of the 3DS.

KingdomSealer2

This, so much. I'm getting really tired of just getting Keyblades that are a little more powerful than the last. I don't want there to be one "best" Keyblade, either. There needs to be more customization when it comes to the battle system. BBS was a major improvement with the Command Deck, but it's not there yet. I still feel like there's not much to the system. All you have to do is equip the best commands and Keyblade, then spam the triangle, x, and shotlocks. Of course, there are ways to limit yourself, but limits aren't innovative or fun. I want the battle system to be creative and unique - for no battle configuration to be the same, and to constantly be able to mix up your battle style without becoming any weaker. However, I wonder if this is even possible without the system getting convoluted. How much can you include before it's just overwhelming? Still, the idea of a Keyblade-creating or Keychain-melding system excites me to no end.

I totally agree with you.

Shire Folk

Wouldn't that almost get a bit like building your own Gummi ships in KH1 and KH2, or are we talking more of key item synthesis?

Honestly though, if I could create a Keyblade that would auto-emit a powerful crescent of fire or shoot three rays of golden light with every finishing move, and look cool to boot, I would use that thing for forever, only switching it out for Oathkeeper, Oblivion, and the Kingdom Key (because those three mean things in a canonical way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back