• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
*looks at it with you* "X" Reaction command and B mashing. Bet you anything.
It's hard to get away from that for this sort of game. The best they can do it have a button that utilizes the environment.

Agree. :'(
They have eye level scenes of Sora falling. MILK THE 3D FOR THIS HURRAH.

hey, they gotta drop sometime.
You're late to the game.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
It's hard to get away from that for this sort of game. The best they can do it have a button that utilizes the environment.
No its not, it isn't ALL about buttons. COM is a great example of trying something new, but fans pooped all over it, now Nomura is all like "Fine, F you guys too" and is just letting the majority have their button mashing fun, the KH story is already a mess, AT LEAST make the gameplay enjoyable.

They have eye level scenes of Sora falling. MILK THE 3D FOR THIS HURRAH.
I have a feeling that the 3-D effect will play a major part in traveling between worlds..

That's disgusting.

Absolutely not. *barfs*

You're late to the game.
yessssjim.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No its not, it isn't ALL about buttons. COM is a great example of trying something new, but fans pooped all over it, now Nomura is all like "Fine, F you guys too" and is just letting the majority have their button mashing fun, the KH story is already a mess, AT LEAST make the gameplay enjoyable.
You still pushed buttons... >,<

I have a feeling that the 3-D effect will play a major part in traveling between worlds..
I have a feeling that the 3D effect will play a major part in all the games

Are you done yet?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Normally I stay away from this becuse of the title and subtirle of this thread, but i have one thing I want from Dream Drop Distance:

Passion/Sancurtary as the main theme (Just to prove about this song wrong to my Commentating friends)

blueheart

Bronze Member
I heard someone say once that you can tell if a KH game will be bad or not.

If it plays Simple and Clean at the beginning, it's good. If it plays Sanctuary at the beginning, it's bad

/not my words. But I personally like the S&C song better.

Realm Walker

I heard someone say once that you can tell if a KH game will be bad or not.

If it plays Simple and Clean at the beginning, it's good. If it plays Sanctuary at the beginning, it's bad

/not my words. But I personally like the S&C song better.

I heard those words before too.

jmartin912

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

What you want more of the same thing? im sorry but... i know BBS' battle system was "alright" but im wanting something new and fresh, thats why im looking forward to having all of the drive forms abilities merged with regular gameplay :D
It looks like DDD's battle system is totally awesome, so I'm mainly hoping for more RPG-esque interactivity. More specifically, I really hope that the game goes back to KH1's RPG-like NPC's and sidequests. I'm not a huge fan of KH1, but the RPG elements were much more prominent there and the sidequests were more interesting, which are two areas it definitely excelled at. Traverse Town is a shining example of both of those things. So that's what I most hope is improved.

Other than that, I just hope Sora gets some actual character development. I don't know why, but I really don't like Sora very much, so if I'm going to have to play as him, he better be slightly less annoying than his KH1/KH2 counterpart. Riku has become a goody-goody just like Sora, but at least he grows and changes over the games.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
I'm agreeing with the comments I've read, I also want to see more FF characters and I would really like to hit up some of the final fantasy worlds *coughCecilandZidanecough* Anywho, I think I've made my point. *hears random screaming* Yes, Tidus.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I want people to stop shitting themselves about this game when the game hasn't had an major reveal story, or gameplay, wise.
Yeah, that's all I want. ~

easy93

Yeah... I sort of giving up on thinking about how to improve Kingdom Hearts because of a few dilemmas that I understand might pose a problem when trying to improve KH as a whole.:

First off is expanding on the worlds and thus expanding the storyline. Now they can add more worlds to their roster or expand on the ones they have currently. If the add more worlds, then expanding them internally might pose a problem (I don't know what engine they're using but I assume its not powerful enough to have a good number of expansive worlds, or else KH2 would've had much better exploration). And of course, expanding them internally will reduce the chance of them increasing the number of worlds (due to the same problem). The best answer would be to keep and expand the relevant worlds and just add totally new ones, but they'll have to provide a reason for the sudden boost in town/village/city size and keep the boost narratively or interactively important (no point in adding houses with no real purpose).

This further leads into how the world's are going to be expanded. KH2 seemed to take a more vertical approach while KH1 went with a more horizontal expansion, and BBS seemed to have a mix of the two. I assume they are going to continue with BBS' method and continue with mixing expansion styles, which will lead to more interactivity options.

Gameplay- wise, I always see KH as a jumpy series, which isn't bad considering that Nomura said that he wanted to try new things and I think that's a good thing as long as he doesn't go to far off the bat with it. However, considering that gameplay is influenced by narrative, I can only wonder what changes he'll make this time. I assume they are doing the same thing as BBS and have the attack option on its button, plus they might be expanding more on interactivity with the scenery, so there might be options that change depending on the situation you're in. I just hope they bring back reaction commands, but that's just because I think they add a cinematic value to battles.

Lastly, I just hope they are going to expand more on the characters this time around. Now, what I'm saying is that they might need to center their story- focus on how Sora and Riku interact with other characters and how they affect each other considering that they are running through the same test. And I hope they give Kairi some more attention- she needs a character build- up and some backstory.

Now, I hope they take this stuff into consideration, which they more than likely have.

billyzanesucks

Yeah... I sort of giving up on thinking about how to improve Kingdom Hearts because of a few dilemmas that I understand might pose a problem when trying to improve KH as a whole.:

First off is expanding on the worlds and thus expanding the storyline. Now they can add more worlds to their roster or expand on the ones they have currently. If the add more worlds, then expanding them internally might pose a problem (I don't know what engine they're using but I assume its not powerful enough to have a good number of expansive worlds, or else KH2 would've had much better exploration). And of course, expanding them internally will reduce the chance of them increasing the number of worlds (due to the same problem). The best answer would be to keep and expand the relevant worlds and just add totally new ones, but they'll have to provide a reason for the sudden boost in town/village/city size and keep the boost narratively or interactively important (no point in adding houses with no real purpose).
I think that they'll keep expanding a lot, discarding the old ones after one or two appearances. Though they'll probably keep popular and fun worlds (Oympus Colosseum, 100 Acre Wood, etc.) around for a good while. But, as for 3D, Nomura said he's going to try using all new worlds (new disney worlds, anyway).
I just hope they bring back reaction commands, but that's just because I think they add a cinematic value to battles.
That could actually work, if handled right. They could make it so you press several different buttons, instead of just triangle.
Lastly, I just hope they are going to expand more on the characters this time around. Now, what I'm saying is that they might need to center their story- focus on how Sora and Riku interact with other characters and how they affect each other considering that they are running through the same test. And I hope they give Kairi some more attention- she needs a character build- up and some backstory.
Nomura seemed to hint at Riku development, at least (Sora is not the one you will grow familiar with this time), but it also pretty clearly stated there wouldn't be much Sora development.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
^ I'd prefer not to quote the entire last statement as that is a lot. So I'll just point to above with the arrows ^

I understand the world problem, but although Nomura might want to keep "fun" worlds, those worlds he keeps choosing are becoming much less "fun." Neverland was kept fresh in each game considering there are so many aspects to it (Neverland, ship, skull rock, lagoon, islands, London, etc.) however worlds like Olympus Colliseum need to be expanded in similar ways (why can't we go to the town, Thebes is it?) and Agrabah is suffering from similar problems (there are only so many times I can enter a new looking Cave of Wonders). So I like the direction of getting new worlds, as the Disney movies list is growing as well I wouldn't mind seeing Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Pocahantas, etc. but this isn't a what worlds you want topic so I'll skip that.

As for the reaction commands, I'm in disagreement with that totally because I don't think the reaction commands should do as much damage or anything really because they tend to be overpowered and overused. Honestly, they should make the reaction command similar to Xemnas' final form where after you deplete the boss' health, then you press triangle to do a flashy cutscene finish that feels rewarding. That is what I want from reaction commands, if you want to have a few here and there for certain heartless, but please don't have unique one for almost every enemy out there -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back